0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something Awful Invades Moon Guard; Roleplayers Go Ballistic

Something Awful is up to their old tricks again. This time, they're invading the most popular US Wow RP server, Moon Guard, as the guild <Gold Knuckles>.

The forum post above catalogs the entirety of the drama, in which many roleplayers complain about being griefed and hassled by <Gold Knuckles>, Something Awful's Moon Guard proxy.

I'm an avid roleplayer myself, and I do also happen to play on Moon Guard. That being said, I think this is absolutely hilarious. When people take things like this too seriously, that's when Something Awful, Anonymous, or any other Internet "griefing" group start focusing on you. If you rage too hard or cry about everything that happens to interrupt your gameplay, you'll just end up drawing more trouble to your server.

It's hilarious to see these guys work. Evidentally, they go up and drop a number of random quest items, banners, and use any other interruptive tactics to pester and annoy roleplayers.

Here's a couple of quotes from the forum post just in the case that it's deleted by the time you read this article.

Originally Posted by Aestiah
    Please for the love of god quit griefing role play. I dislike having to call out an entire guild, but it seems like everyone I've met in your guild so far gets a kick out of trolling the hell out of role players. I can't even role play in Orgrimmar without some douche in your guild dropping in to go: "LOL YOU GUYS RPING? LET ME SIT HERE AND INTERRUPT WHILE I DROP A LOT OF THINGS AROUND YOU AND HURF DURF ABOUT IT."

This has happened not once but on numerous occasions since this expansion. The last straw was only fifteen minutes ago when a hunter by the name of Alterari thought it was cute to drop down at our designated role play spot and begin spewing nonsense while dropping a bunch of engineering and quest items around us claiming that the spot was property of Gold Knuckles. It was terrible and not in the least bit funny. Why yes, we were out by the waterfalls in Azshara role playing. Is it really that hard to believe that we wanted a private area to talk and not be interrupted? Heaven forbid two people are alone together. It must be scandalous!

And don't even get me started on the story where one day one of your members griefed us so badly that they literally chased us from Orgrimmar to Silverpine to Gilneas. Seriously? Who does that?

And before anyone asks, yes I've tried to talk to officers in the past, but the sarcastic and 'attempt to be comical' responses implied they really don't care. Yes, I have opened tickets. I have one opened right now ( for the umpteenth time ) thanks to the little scene with the hunter. The thing is, I'm getting sick and tired of having to open tickets for douchebags in this guild. The occasional jerk in some random guild is one thing, but a multitude of them from the same guild is disturbing.

If you're going to be on this server, learn to respect the fact that people do role play here. You don't have to like or understand role play, but there is no reason to go around trolling everyone that does. Make fun of it all you want on your spare time, but know that disrupting it is drawing the line.

And yes I do have screenshots and logs if requested. And yes, bro, I be ragin'.
    Takano of <Gold Knuckles> had this to say in response:

Originally Posted by Takano
    It would appear that my dear requisitions officer Alterari was making sure that the sanctity of my new waterfall was intact. We apologize* for any inconvenience caused by zealotry, intentional misunderstandings and thinly veiled excuses to cause violence.

*Apology may not be sincere.

Any mere Goblin or reputable merchant might be content to call in debts in the act of repossession. It is with great pride that my Gold Knuckles take the next step forward in the field of organized debt-collecting. The broken thumb, the broken knee, the sleeping with the fishes, the suspiciously timed purchase of business insurance followed by an obvious arson... we are proud to introduce a technique that will stand proudly amongst these juggernauts of involuntarily inflicted respect.

Gold Knuckles is proud to announce that it shall pioneer efforts beyond Repossession and into Prepossession! That is right! As we speak, I am finalizing legal rights within Goblin and soon greater Horde law that allow me to seize the possessions of individuals and organizations on the mere assumption that they will be deadbeats in the future! What times we live in.

A forced search; a pushy investigation. We can deal with finding evidence later.
    MAN. These people need to lose their serious face. Roleplay is fun, but if it's taken too seriously, you will get this shit from people. Roleplaying should be about developing character storylines and interacting with other characters, and hell, if you get interrupted by a couple of griefers, that's life.

I personally think this is hilarious, but I want to hear our reader's comments on this one.

PS: Go go Gold Knuckles. NST :]=

Last edited by Jeremiah; 03-24-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Something Awful Invades Moon Guard; Roleplayers Go Ballistic
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not an RPer, and i dont like Griefing, but i have to say that its at least a bit funny.

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    loltopic was deleted

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damned CMs.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Horneyyy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic. Just epic.

Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha ****ing epic
    Super Unicum

Duplicity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just incase you were late to the party, you can google the thread and click on Cached.

Example: @ Gold Knuckles - Forums - World of Warcraft

for the first page.