0/59
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rift Reversing Warning

Hello friendly warning to you guys out there reversing Rift - don't do it on characters on your main shard (server). If you receive too many disconnects in an amount of time (not sure of specifics, wasn't keeping track) you will receive a ban to that server. I'm in the process of trying to get it resolved but after submitting in-game tickets and calling support they won't acknowledge any problems or issues and could/would not put me in touch with anyone running that server to have the issue resolved.

Background story -
    I set a BP on a function that sets the target frame's health/mana which resulted in an immediate disconnect everytime (only function I've seen that does that so far). After doing it ~6-12 times (I'm persistant) I'm now permanently locked out of that server. I have received no emails about any wrong doing and my account has been verified by their support as being in good terms. I am able to log into that shard and get to the character select screen and even make characters but trying to log onto a character results in an immediate disconnect. Any other server works fine :\, so the only way to re-coup my money is to continue reversing and sell a bot. Thanks Trion.

Edit: Inb4 "you were doing something wrong, enjoy your ban" - my account isn't "banned" and google tells me other (legitimate) players are also affected, also receiving no response and also hung out to dry.

Rift Reversing Warning
    argh44z's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least the "ban" is only on one server. Thanks for the heads up though.

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but what do you mean by reversing?

SacredSpenny's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    Sorry, but what do you mean by reversing?
    It doesn't effect you one bit unless you know what reversing is

yopilax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have experience with this. If you have done anything against EULA don't contact them or they'll look at your logs and ban you. We see this a lot using mmoninja. The disconnect issue is a common issue when teleporting or moving very quickly for extended periods. We are not sure if it is a server failsafe but we collectively doubt it. It is most likely a server communication flaw stemming from the repeated disconnect issues that were rampant during beta. It was fixed for the most part if this is true affecting only those exploiting. You'll need to wait for them to reset the server and it'll work fine on that server for you. repeat... YOU ARE NOT BANNED...yet. hope you didn't contact them.
    Last edited by yopilax; 03-25-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    The mob "Jesus" was only on PTR. It never hit the real world servers and sure as hell won't RESPAWN. For some reason though, people still camp it.:confused: