0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rift Souls Thread

Please post all builds in the order that you will be making your picks, for both, leveling, healing, pvp, whatever. I will put the best ones into this post. Please use this format to keep things organized.

I will start with my Cleric Leveling Build.

Cleric
    Leveling
    Soul Choices: Justicar, Shaman, Druid
    5 points: Hammer of Virtue
    1 point: Doctrine of Bliss
    3 points: Life's Devotion
    1 point: Healer's Creed
    1 point: Reparation

5 points: Dauntless Courage
    1 point: Glacial Shield
    4 points: Overwhelming
    5 points: Unyielding
    1 point: Jolt
    4 points: Long Memory
    1 point: Strike of the Maelstrom
    2 points: Brutalize
    2 points: Lust for Blood
    5 points: Frozen Embrace
    1 point: Rage of the North

5 points: Strength of Earth
    1 point: Battle Charge
    1 point: Long Memory
    1 point: Vengeance of the Frozen Earth

4 points: Spirit of the Hunter
    2 points: Favored of the Valnir
    1 point: Overwhelming
    1 point: Lust for Blood
    5 points: Stormborn
    3 points: Eye of the Storm

Final Build Soul Tree Calculator: Shaman (46) / Justicar (11) / Druid (9) :: Rift :: ZAM

Mage

Rogue
    Thanks Sodee
    Leveling
    Soul Choices: Assassin, Bladedancer, Riftstalker

5 point Quick Reflexes
    1 point Reprisal
    2 point Strike Back
    2 point Blade and Fury
    5 point Ambidextrous
    2 point Turn the Tide
    3 point Combat Culmination
    2 point Improved False Blade
    2 point Contra Tempo
    1 point Flash of Steel

5 point Unseen Fury
    3 point Boosted Recovery
    2 point Great Fortitude
    3 point Rift Scavenger

5 point Ruthlessness
    1 point Puncture
    3 point Serrated Blades
    2 point Muderous Intent
    4 point Cruel Vengeance
    2 point Magnify Pain

1 point Blade Tempo
    3 point Combat Efficiency
    1 point Counterbalance
    2 point Vivacity
    3 point Blade Hustle
    1 point Disengage

Code:
    One button macro for combo-point building
    (Please note, remove abilities you don't have while leveling then add to it as you learn them otherwise the macro will not work)
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Reprisal
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

You will be keeping up 3 different finishers in this order:
    False Blade (5% dodge, 6% Parry)
    Dauntless Strike (5% Crit Strike)
    Annihilate (+ Attack Power - scales with level)

You will gain 3 Rhythms with this spec by level 50, essentially short duration cooldowns to increase your damage and avoidance:
    Side Steps: +50% Dodge
    Blade Tempo: +30% Damage Increase
    Double Coup: +100% Crit and Damage to Keen Strike after Quick/Precision Strike

The thing that keeps this build going strong is purposely leaving 5 CP on the target when it dies.

What you gain from Bladedancer:
    100% Chance to gain an extra CP after a Dodge or Parry
    10% Damage Increase after a Dodge or Parry
    100% To Strike Back with both weapons after a Dodge only
    Reprisal Reactive Proc after a Dodge or Parry

What you gain from Assassin:
    5% Critical Hit Chance
    2% Physical Damage Increase
    Critical Hits Increase Damage by 10%
    20% Critical Hit Damage Bonus
    Critical Attacks cause your target to bleed. Stacks 3x

When you kill a mob, you gain bonuses depending on the CPs remaining:
    6% Health Return per point
    5 Energy per Combo Point
    3% increase to Critical Chance, Hit, Dodge and Parry (Not affected by CP)

- Original spec credit goes to Draegan of Rift Junkies. Re-compilation of information as well as talent breakdown is my own work.[/QUOTE]
    Warrior
    Last edited by Jbob; 03-21-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Rift Souls Thread
    argh44z's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I used to use to level as a cleric:
    Soul Tree Calculator: Inquisitor (42) / Justicar (24) / Sentinel (0) :: Rift :: ZAM

AOE grinding + survivability. Tag 4-5 mobs with Vex, sanction heretic, soul drain, etc. Contempt and Salvation talents give a lot of passive healing. Purpose+ Aggressive Renewal keep up mana. Sentinel for healing breath as a "oh shit" heal.

Putting points into it, I went 21-10 first, then filled in the rest.

Jbob's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for clarify sake can you please list out the order that way others can use that as a reference for when they are leveling.

Thanks

Xyborg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current leveling build. And I can't tell you what order I put the points in because I've respecced over 100 times trying out new builds, ideas, theories, and whatever else. Hell. This might totally suck during the leveling process for all I know. But, at level 42, this is my current leveling build.
    Soul Tree Calculator: Justicar (26) / Shaman (18) / Warden (12) :: Rift :: ZAM

This build is total shit after level 45 unless you're decked out in dungeon gear. If you're questing and not doing dungeons, ignore this spec because you will get your ass kicked.
    Last edited by Xyborg; 03-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Darkness is only a veil for those that refuse to live in the light.

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (I apologize in advance if my format isn't exactly like yours, I want this to be as detailed as possible.)

Please let me add a note before I go into this. This build doesn't get very powerful or useful until level 29. It's a hard-hitting melee build that will cut through mobs fast. It is primarily a chain-killing spec: meaning one mob at a time at a very fast pace. I leveled to 29 using a Ranger spec and it wasn't my style.

Rogue
    Leveling

Level 29 Build

5 point Quick Reflexes
    1 point Reprisal
    2 point Strike Back
    2 point Blade and Fury
    5 point Ambidextrous
    2 point Turn the Tide
    2 point Contra Tempo
    1 point Flash of Steel

5 point Unseen Fury
    3 point Boosted Recovery
    2 point Great Fortitude
    3 point Rift Scavenger

5 point Ruthlessness
    1 point Puncture
    3 point Serrated Blades
    2 point Muderous Intent
    4 point Cruel Vengeance
    2 point Magnify Pain

1 point Blade Tempo
    1 point Counterbalance
    2 point Vivacity
    3 point Blade Hustle
    1 point Disengage

Level 50 Build

(Please note, remove abilities you don't have while leveling then add to it as you learn them otherwise the macro will not work)
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Reprisal
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

You will gain 3 Rhythms with this spec by level 50, essentially short duration cooldowns to increase your damage and avoidance:

The thing that keeps this build going strong is purposely leaving 5 CP on the target when it dies.

5% Critical Hit Chance

5 Energy per Combo Point

- Original spec credit goes to Draegan of Rift Junkies. Re-compilation of information as well as talent breakdown is my own work.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    added to the original post. Great stuff

sol82's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my warrior leveling build.

Soul Tree Calculator: Reaver (34) / Riftblade (32) / Warlord (0) :: Rift :: ZAM

Basically fill out Reaver until you get to Entropic Embrace, then work on Riftblade until you fill it out before going back to Reaver for the more defensive abilities. The more mobs you pull with this spec, the more healing you do. Since the last soul has no points, you can freely switch between Warlord for the hit debuff, Champion for the Bull Rush, or Void Knight for the magic damage reduction. When you get to the point where you're consistently pulling multiple mobs, then Warlord is the best choice.

The buffs you want to use are:

1. Crest of the Abyss - Stacking armor, and spell damage reduction with points. What's not to like?
    2. Binding of Affliction - 5% more damage is 5% more healing. Unfortunately you won't get Binding of Death with this build...
    3. Entropic Embrace - 5% more damage for you and your friends!
    4. Planar Blade - In heavy AoE situations, you will burn through power like there's no tomorrow. This buff will proc off your DoTs and give you and almost endless supply of power.
    5. Avatar of Water - 10% damage reduction with points in Improved Avatar. Win.

For single targets, pull with Infestation, then apply your DoTs, Soul Sickness first. Fiery Burst will be your finisher because it benefits from Planar Attunement. While your DoTs are ticking, use Frost Strike and Searing Strike.

AoE is where the fun is. Just find a group of loosely packed mobs, target the one furthest away, and just dive right in. Rift walk to the caster, then queue up Plague Bringer and apply DoTs, Soul Sickness first. Storm Burst or Earth Burst will be your finishers, since they do AoE. Mobs with the tendency to run away will be snared by Earth Burst, and casters will also be silenced, so keep that in mind. Thunder Strike will be your spam attack while DoTs are up because it benefits from Rift Fury.

You have a couple of OHSHIT buttons with this spec. Master of the Abyss is by far the most important. With 3 attack points while surrounded by mobs, I have healed from under 100 health to over 6000 at level 50. If you find yourself losing health faster than you gain it back, you can use Creeping Death. It hits 10 mobs, and at level 50 it heals me for about 60 per tick per mob. Finally, if you have to retreat, Weakening Essence pretty much keeps the melee mobs at bay while you escape. Last, but not least, if you see a big baddie preparing a massive attack, you can hit Stoneshield. Don't use this in AoE situations, because it will only make the first attack miss, no matter what.

That's it. I was able to solo several Group (3) quests with this build, and I often grind the elites at Endless Citadel in Stillmoor for fun (and Minor Catalysts). People always ask me about this spec because they watch me mow down so many mobs while they're busy soulwalking or returning to their corpses. I love it, even at level 50.

crazymonk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For cleric leveling I would suggest maining as Druid over Shaman; the reason is mainly because of survivability and 'sustained' DPS. Shamans have insane burst; they can kill an equal level mob in all of 2-3 seconds IF (IFFFFF) they crit. While leveling it is very hard to get your crit high enough to make the burst shamans pump out something that is seen often enough to allow you to easily blow through mobs. Druid on the other hand doesn't have as much burst HOWEVER it has a great deal higher sustained DPS. In addition, you can snag the greater faerie which will allow you to tank 4-5 mobs of equal level (assuming you are using your three instant cast heals and your shields whenever you need to). Did I say three? Yes I did; don't snag Justicar for leveling. Grab the healing spec (can't remember the name off the top of my head) that has a instant cast ranged attack (good for pulling or w/e) and the instant cast heal.

dominick1233's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i play mage and im 50 so ill give a couple mage builds.

PvP

The idea here is to instant polly your target wich gives you enough time to GoS and start your cinderburst for a really nice amount of burst damage and finish the opponent off with pyromancers armor proc for free cinderburst/inferno, and also having a good silence for pesky healers
    For aoe just put a GoS and flame storm your way to victory
    Soul Tree Calculator: Pyromancer (44) / Dominator (17) / Archmage (5) :: Rift :: ZAM

This one is a very powerful 1v1/survival spec as it combines healing with DoT healing, its played a lot like an affliction warlock minus the life drain and Ive seen a lot of rank 5/6 people do this build
    Soul Tree Calculator: Warlock (44) / Chloromancer (18 / Archmage (4) :: Rift :: ZAM

from what ive heard the +50% damage bonus from polly in dominator will be moved higher into the tree so this is the backup spec i have prepared in anticipation
    Soul Tree Calculator: Pyromancer (51) / Warlock (10) / Archmage (5) :: Rift :: ZAM

PvE

this is currently the most viable dps spec for PvE atm for mages, get pillaging stone buff 5 times and just transition between a dot rotation and soul purge throwing in your lich form for on bosses
    Soul Tree Calculator: Warlock (34) / Necromancer (32) / Archon (0) :: Rift :: ZAM

this is a harder dps spec to play but a lot funner imo, for aoe put a burning ground down and then flame storm and for single target exposure/ignite/flamebolt/fireball and to maintain good dps on bosses pop intensify elements + heatwave while standing in ground of power and maintaining internalize charge. this build can reach 1k dps but not sustained
    Soul Tree Calculator: Elemental Summoner (32) / Pyromancer (32) / Archon (2) :: Rift :: ZAM

this build will most likely be fixed eventually however the idea here is #1 your providing really good buffs to your group and #2 you can still dps, Dpsing with archon is made possible by burning purpose wich does X amount of damage everytime a debuff is cast on the target so the idea here is getting your pillaging stone cast along with your debuffs and then you cast all your buff spells such as surgingflare/earthen barrage/volcanic bomb and then spam plague bolt for the (2) debuffs applied.
    Soul Tree Calculator: Archon (51) / Necromancer (10) / Elemental Summoner (5) :: Rift :: ZAM

typical chloro/warlock group offhealer build just keep your buffs up and radiant spores up and spam withering vine and natures touch/ vile spores and if in an OHSHIT moment pop flourish and then stream of reclamation (remember to put synthesis on tank!)
    Soul Tree Calculator: Chloromancer (34) / Warlock (32) / Archon (0) :: Rift :: ZAM

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crazymonk View Post
    For cleric leveling I would suggest maining as Druid over Shaman; the reason is mainly because of survivability and 'sustained' DPS. Shamans have insane burst; they can kill an equal level mob in all of 2-3 seconds IF (IFFFFF) they crit. While leveling it is very hard to get your crit high enough to make the burst shamans pump out something that is seen often enough to allow you to easily blow through mobs. Druid on the other hand doesn't have as much burst HOWEVER it has a great deal higher sustained DPS. In addition, you can snag the greater faerie which will allow you to tank 4-5 mobs of equal level (assuming you are using your three instant cast heals and your shields whenever you need to). Did I say three? Yes I did; don't snag Justicar for leveling. Grab the healing spec (can't remember the name off the top of my head) that has a instant cast ranged attack (good for pulling or w/e) and the instant cast heal.

I actually firmly disagree with this. I have tried both builds and the Shaman build allows for more survivability because I do have the self heal from Justicar and I also can kill mobs much faster than any other spec or class for that matter of an equal level/gear.

If you would like to post exactly what spec you are using I will surely give it a try, but until I can produce more damage and have better survivability than the spec I posted. I am sticking with Shaman.

xonix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jbob View Post
    Please post all builds in the order that you will be making your picks, for both, leveling, healing, pvp, whatever. I will put the best ones into this post. Please use this format to keep things organized.

I will start with my Cleric Leveling Build.

Cleric
    Leveling
    Soul Choices: Justicar, Shaman, Druid
    I actually found purifier to be better than Druid for leveling. You generally will put points in druid at the later levels but any time earlier than that I feel the shield you get from purifier does a lot more for you than the pet. When you hit lvl 35-40 druid might be a little better, but until them I would suggest going with purifier.

bokyong's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    (I apologize in advance if my format isn't exactly like yours, I want this to be as detailed as possible.)

Please let me add a note before I go into this. This build doesn't get very powerful or useful until level 29. It's a hard-hitting melee build that will cut through mobs fast. It is primarily a chain-killing spec: meaning one mob at a time at a very fast pace. I leveled to 29 using a Ranger spec and it wasn't my style.

Rogue
    Leveling

Level 29 Build

5 point Quick Reflexes
    1 point Reprisal
    2 point Strike Back
    2 point Blade and Fury
    5 point Ambidextrous
    2 point Turn the Tide
    2 point Contra Tempo
    1 point Flash of Steel

5 point Unseen Fury
    3 point Boosted Recovery
    2 point Great Fortitude
    3 point Rift Scavenger

5 point Ruthlessness
    1 point Puncture
    3 point Serrated Blades
    2 point Muderous Intent
    4 point Cruel Vengeance
    2 point Magnify Pain

1 point Blade Tempo
    1 point Counterbalance
    2 point Vivacity
    3 point Blade Hustle
    1 point Disengage

Level 50 Build

5% Critical Hit Chance

5 Energy per Combo Point

- Original spec credit goes to Draegan of Rift Junkies. Re-compilation of information as well as talent breakdown is my own work.

So pretty much spam that one macro and thats it? I don't manually do finishers? or anything?

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That macro doesn't have finishers. You spam that macro to build combo points, that's all. It just condenses your combo point builder, follow-up combo point builder and reactive (dodge/parry) combo point builder into one. Removes 4-5 buttons and replaces it with one. After that, you use the finishers on your own.