Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good leveling guides hanging around?

I'm looking for some reputable guides for rift specifically leveling for right now. Either assassin or mage. trying to figure out which will be better for end game pvp :P

e:\ fail jusst saw the one on the front page. !
    Last edited by EqualizeIt; 03-20-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Any good leveling guides hanging around?
    Xyborg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see those guides being particularly useful. I mean... it's a pretty linear questing path that just takes you from point A to point B as you go. The quests you have access to are pretty limited.
    Darkness is only a veil for those that refuse to live in the light.

EqualizeIt's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just looking for anything that would give general information, help you learn along the way instead of everything hitting you like a brick wall when end game comes..

Xioman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you asked for a leveling guide
    What you want is probably a class or role guide?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

And if thats the case, I suggest you go on the rift class forums ect

Warskull's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xyborg View Post
    I don't see those guides being particularly useful. I mean... it's a pretty linear questing path that just takes you from point A to point B as you go. The quests you have access to are pretty limited.
    They would still speed up the process, the game isn't the most clear about where you need to go at some points. Additionally sometimes it is better to skip ahead and certain mobs give great XP compared to others.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xioman View Post
    Well you asked for a leveling guide
    What you want is probably a class or role guide?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

And if thats the case, I suggest you go on the rift class forums ect
    anything would help Im open to reading all material

stout05's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you just need a good leveler ? like buying powerleveling online? anyhow, it is really a good idea, I tried last week, it was really wonderful!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't learn a game by having someone else level that character for you. Plus I was scammed by a few companies way back when.. I have trouble trusting them now a days.

xonix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment since the game is so new and all the quests are quite self-explanatory + have locations and explanations on map guides are pointless. The ones I've seen have all been all the quests everyone will do anyway. Go to the first camp do all the quests, turn them in. One of the quests will need to be returned in this other place, grab all those quests, do them all turn them in. Go to the next place do all the quests there and turn them in and at the end you should be X level. The stupid thing is, they aren’t well thought out and when the levels you should be after them aren’t always correct. Sometimes I'll do 2 pages of quests that say I should gain 2 levels and I won’t even gain a full level, other times (generally in the beginning of the guides) I’ll do 2 pages of quests where it says I should gain 2 levels and I'll gain 4 then I’m stuck following a guide where I’m in a lower level area. Less efficient than if I was to screw the guide and do my own thing.

I do not suggest guides at this time. In the future they may be useful, especially if they come with addon programs. Any time before that, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for one of these trash guides. In all honesty if a guide helps you... good for you. For the majority of people who have common sense it will be detrimental to your wallet and to your leveling speed.

As for the comments on power leveling, I think the coin lock feature makes it a bit safer. Just buy all the consumables you need before (Food/Drink) and have them use those to level. They can't steal anything, and often if they refuse to power level you, you can chargeback or get a refund.

Edit: On a side note, power leveling at the moment is slow as all hell and absurdly expensive. If you really want to be lvl 50 so bad and you want to spend your money on that, go for it. I personally find leveling a pain but it gives a chance to try out all the souls and at the end gives a false sense of accomplishment that we all crave.
    Last edited by xonix; 03-22-2011 at 10:19 AM.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerleveling is an option, but remember this. If you do the coinlock, they can't even sell the quest rewards. So make sure you have plenty of large bags in your bank, and be ready to NOT have a lot of plat in the end. The levelers will not be able gain plat, other then from quest rewards. So do not expect anything besides a 60% mount, and the likelyhood that the leveling company won't even bother to loot mobs, since they would just have to delete everything anyways.

I have to agree on the leveling guides. It's kind of a waste. If you want to try one, check out Xerxes' build guide. I think there is a link to the actual guide somewhere on the forums, if you prefer to get a free "preview". Other then that, leveling guides are a bit of a waste.