Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you buy rift?/anything u would like to say about it, good or bad :)

hey guys just wondering how many people bought rift, and how many of you are enjoying it. please explain in detail! maybe if some people are making PvP guilds/PvE guilds. would like some idea of what server to go on and such

Did you buy rift?/anything u would like to say about it, good or bad :)
    cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it, I like it so far, not max level yet. Rifts are fun.

dinzorama's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it, been sitting in ques for an horrible amount of time because my friends wanted to play on Whitefall.
    Day 1 I sat in the que untill they brought the servers down around 0300 so 10 hours in que right there.
    Day 2 a little bit better with only 5 hours in que.
    Day 3 skipped playing.
    Day 4 skipped playing.
    Day 5 Played on another server.
    Day 6 quit the game.

Avg Lifetime of the game is just the avg time you get bored of doing rifts. Warfronts are shit imo, hold this item for x seconds to get x points and win.

zdiddy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure....

Originally Posted by dinzorama View Post
    I bought it, been sitting in ques for an horrible amount of time because my friends wanted to play on Whitefall.
    Day 1 I sat in the que untill they brought the servers down around 0300 so 10 hours in que right there.
    Day 3 skipped playing.
    Day 4 skipped playing.
    Day 6 quit the game.

Avg Lifetime of the game is just the avg time you get bored of doing rifts. Warfronts are shit imo, hold this item for x seconds to get x points and win.
    Odd...my queue's are instant on Snarebrush (PVP). Not only that each type of toon has way more talent tree type options. Tweaking my rogue right now at level 25 and still having fun. You must be in a shitty faction or server to have the issues you are having. What I love about rift is any toon can tank if specced right. It's also well balanced PvP side. I cancelled my WoW account and so did most of my guild. we now have about 40 of us moved over to the rift side. So far so good and all of us are loving it.

igem2010's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello, Rift service upcoming in our company. and pls see our thread on mmowend:http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...om-review.html doing wow power level and also Rift.

cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dinzorama View Post
    Day 3 skipped playing.
    Day 4 skipped playing.
    Day 6 quit the game.

Rifts are a fun but not required mechanic, warfronts are fun and better than wow... sitting in queue? Not the games fault, yours.

keafur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing WoW since beta and I haven't had any desire to log in to WoW since Rift launched. Seriously, I haven't logged on once.

Rift is a killer game. It is very similar to other MMOs, but it has a lot more polish and some of the game items are a blast. The rifting system breaks up questing and is a lot of fun. I'm actually a lot more excited for max level rifting because I think there it's going to cause a TON of world pvp. There are tons if little things that make it better as well. For example: editing your UI is really easy, they have AOE looting, it's really easy to join groups while questing or rifting, the soul system is amazing! Also, they have really done a lot of things that will encourage world pvp -- there are no flying mounts and never will be. There's only one "flight path" per zone (except it's an instant portal). Rifting naturally creates areas where people gather and in higher levels that will cause faction clashing.

Someone in here posted about queue times. The only reason they couldn't get in is because they picked a crazy over-populated server. About 1/2 the servers had a queue. I am on Regulos and the largest queue I ahve ever had was like 4 minutes. 90% of the time I get in immediatly. Besides, a queue simply means lots of people want to play. That is a good sign for an MMO.

Stormragegold2637's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion

And I have also played WoW since beta and I haven't logged into Rift since the 4th day playing it. Don't get me wrong, every MMO has it's repetition (And yes, WoW has a lot of it as well) but Rift tops them all. It's like every time I go to log in, I end up going afk for 5 minutes to figure out what I'm going to do... Repetitive quests... repetitive bgs... or repetitive socializing in general chat about how Rift stole nearly every aspect of WoW. Don't get me wrong, the game took my attention for about the first 7 levels given a little "reason to play" with a decent story behind it but after that your left with random quests in random areas doing the same thing. As for the Rifts themselves, sure, the first 5 or 6 were awesome... then you realize you're doing the same thing and looting the same items over... and over... and over again. As for the variety in "specs/classes" - it blew my mind how they expect to perfect each class with the same basic abilities (mainly focused of rogues) - Combo point generation spell in each tree.... finishing move that does the same thing in each tree... basic damage increases. Good luck trying to "even" those specs out when the entire community is level 50... And I think class complaints in WoW is bad, that'll be horrendous.

Everyone has their own opinion, unfortunately, but I can surely say Rift is "just another" MMO on the table and WoW is going to keep the public eye for another 6 years.

Hope this helps, cheers mate.

lxhackdxl's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would have to completely agree with the above post. It really is just another MMO trying to be the best by offering everything right at the start. I was part of all beta events from when mmorpg.com was giving away free closed beta keys and i have to say the questing is all the same. the zones are spread out. rifts are amazing.. the first couple times. it is an enjoyable game dont get me wrong, its just so many of us are so use to play wow that any other game that comes out.. is just "terrible"

Wangchung15's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased it. I played WoW from vanilla, and while I agree that there is a lot of similarities, and if you break down all MMO's, they have the same base mechanics. you Do all the same quest types, the events are all the same, hell, you cast spells to kill creatures, which gives you exp. When you start breaking down games into base mechanics, you'll lose all that makes a game fun, or enjoyable. I'm playing on my server, with no previous friends, in a random guild. I figure if I start over with the simple goal of just having fun, and nothing more, I'll see how long it lasts. After quitting wow, I realized that if I am no longer having fun, I don't need to wait around in hopes that things change. Either the game is fun, or its not.

crazymonk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I am enjoying it. As others have said it plays similar to WoW but it just 'feeeeeeels' different. I haven't been enjoying WoW recently and this is a nice change.

smoothie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started playing WoW about 6months after launch but since cata i just got bored out of my skull.
    So when i got a beta inv for rift logged on been playing it since, really like it.
    It may feel alot like wow but that doesn't feel like a bad thing (for me).
    However it doesn't have the need to play feeling as wow had for me. But maybe thats the social factor having left all my friend behind in wow and entered a new world.

So overall i really like the game and i think i will be playing it for a long time.

Xyborg's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first saw the ads for rift, I was a little skeptical since I'd went to WAR, Aion, and even AoC trying to find a new MMO since I had gotten bored of WoW. Aion kept me interested and I played it for a while. Sadly, my friends didn't like it and after a couple months I was flying solo and gradually didn't enjoy the game anymore.

So I signed up for the Rift beta. Figured I might as well try it and see how it is. The beta was AMAZING! The controls and UI was very similar to WoW so no need to adapt to that. But unlike WoW, the default UI could be scaled, moved, hidden, and made to be what I wanted without the use of addons. And there was no built in DPS meter which immediately caught my attention. Sure people can use the RJ combat parser, but whatever. The DPS meters just made people wankers in my opinion.

I hit level 39 in the beta. Loved it. And before I knew it, I had pre-ordered the collectors edition and canceled my WoW account. Since then, I haven't played WoW and I've been enjoying Rift like a fat kid enjoys pizza a pop. I've been playing casual to start since I went all hardcore during the beta, found myself a nice guild, and just enjoy the game as a whole.

Just don't get intimidated by small learning curve of the game and you'll enjoy it. I promise you that.
    Darkness is only a veil for those that refuse to live in the light.

argh44z's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was done with MMO's, but Rift is actually a really fun game.

socaboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zdiddy View Post
    Odd...my queue's are instant on Snarebrush (PVP). Not only that each type of toon has way more talent tree type options. Tweaking my rogue right now at level 25 and still having fun. You must be in a shitty faction or server to have the issues you are having. What I love about rift is any toon can tank if specced right. It's also well balanced PvP side. I cancelled my WoW account and so did most of my guild. we now have about 40 of us moved over to the rift side. So far so good and all of us are loving it.
    i agree im playing a 47 mage on Snarebrush pvp server and the ques are just a few mins in my bracket and the game is just getting better the higher i get

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast