Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to start learning a programming language, where to begin...

I figured this was the right place to post this, apologies if I'm wrong! The topic title pretty much says it all, but I guess some elaboration is needed, so anyone willing to help knows where I am now. I better then most with computers, however most=/=all. I was thinking of starting with C# or C++, but if it is easier to start with a different language and work up to C#/C++ i'd be perfectly willing to do so (Also, which is better to learn?). Basically, i'm looking for somewhere to start learning programming. Ty for any answers Also, I did a search and found nothing helpful besides "read bewks," which I have tried, and they all assume I know more then I do, are old, or are not that good at teaching :\

Looking to start learning a programming language, where to begin...
    choweyiii's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try .LUA it's pretty easy to understand

s_e_a_n_66's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LUA is really a scripting language, and its uses are somewhat limited. First language I learned was BASIC in 7th grade(it doesn't get much simpler than BASIC). Too bad BASIC is totally obsolete. I also learned Java in high school, but java is crap and I would not recommend it for anything but web apps. Starting with C# or C++ is going to be difficult if you have no previous experience with C variants. You could possibly start VB, C#, C++ or something advanced if you found a good textbook or learning guide. If your just looking to get familiar with basic programming concepts, you might want to try a simpler, well documented scripting language, like perl, python, LUA, even autoit(very good help system, great for noobs, even if it is crap)
    Last edited by s_e_a_n_66; 02-18-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently started Python, but I quickly changed over to Java and I'm having loads of fun with it atm, maybe java works for you as well.