Lets come up with a way to trade gold safer! You sell? Read. menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

xRaBBiTx's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets come up with a way to trade gold safer! You sell? Read.

Just today my main account got banned. I botted with SGather for over 250,000g, and then sold it and with some of the profit got a second account up to Cata and leveled it to also run Sgather on that for gold.
    I carelessly botted CONSTANTLY. Never had trouble. But, my main account that I opened on Nov 23, 2004 [release day of wow], and had over 7500+ hours on, got banned. :C Very Very upsetting.
    My email said that they could tell I was laundering gold. I wrote a five paragraph email attempting to say I was hacked, and did a great job, and they replied basically, PFF, NAH, SUCK.
    I figured the chances would be slim of them eyeing my trade transactions.
    But truly, once a gold buyer/reseller's account gets hot, they can reverse track to all who were dealing with it.
    The other two main methods besides face-to-face are Guild Bank Deposit, and Auction House.
    My opinion is that both of these methods are also sketchy.

Blizzard: Riiiiiiight, that dude just loves Linen Cloth so much that he buys stacks for 45,000g.
    Suree.
    Blizzard: Wowwww, that guy sure is generous, depositing 45,000g into that bank he just joined and then leaving.

We should come up with a more standard fool-proof way of laundering gold.
    I mean yeah theres only so many ways but I'd like to see some opinions from everyone.

If people can smuggle pounds of marijuana into the US, I think us nerds can come up with a way to make cash off virtual currency and not get their 7500 hours played accounts banned.
    Like me and my dumb ass.

Lets come up with a way to trade gold safer! You sell? Read.
    shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but humans can't sniff out marijuana like blizzard can behind a computer screen

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You looked into that comparison too much. lol.
    If people easily get away with felony-related laundering, we can sell some virtual currency.

dbalauca's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always use twink items at ridiculous prices in the AH. If Blizzard asks, you can tell them that are twink items ...
    The thing is that you need to farm the items aswell. Or you can buy them for 100g and sell them for gold with 10k - 20k a piece ... depending how many you got.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twink items is a great idea. Thank you for your input!