Legal info please. menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

Six0's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legal info please.

Hello there,

I was having a few questions so I tought this would be a good place to ask them.

How legal is it to buy and sell gold or accounts? Or botting? I know this violates the rules of the game, and your account can be banned for it.

Altough, are there any consequences outside the game? Can Blizzard ban your IP? Sue you? Close your website? These are a few things that I am quite worried about.

How far does Blizzard's power reach outside the game..

Thank you for answering these questions and clarifying the situation for me.

I will give positive reputation to the people that can answer me.

Greets,

Six

Legal info please.
    Daeity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should post these in general discussion by the way. It's not illegal to bot or to buy/sell gold. It's "illegal" to manufacture bots, but the legality is still being fought in the courts.

There aren't any consequences outside of the game for you, the user.

Blizzard doesn't ban by IP address, so if your account is perma-banned you can just create a new one with the same information, billing details, computer, IP, etc. They want you to buy a new account and create a new monthly subscription after all. =]

If you have a gold sellers website, they can't close it - but they can stop PayPal from doing business with you. (A new relationship, actually.)

The only thing they can do is temp or perma-ban your account. And then feel free to create a new one, they don't care.
    Last edited by Daeity; 01-30-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Six0's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot to you!