0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This type of server should be easy...

Is there a version of Mangos, for classic wow, for lower than patch 1.12.1? Possibly 1.2.3 or something?
    Last edited by rhoadsofrock; 01-11-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Decided to make it brief, and my point is for finding a certain version of Mangos.

This type of server should be easy...
    rhoadsofrock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked about this on the MangosZero forums (MangosZero I guess it what they have for 1.12.1 servers), and this is one thing an admin told me to do....
    "googlize for old core for old wademu or something similar"

Could anyone elaborate on this or explain it better? Does he mean to search for "wademu" with google? Is there something called "wademu" that does private servers for older clients than 1.12.1?
    Any help with this would be really cool.

henhouse's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering MaNGOS wasn't even fully formed around the time of retail patch 1.6, probably not. And the code back then was so new, and so bug-infested you would have an uptime of around 10 minutes. You can still find the old MaNGOS SVN repository I believe but using their old code from even 1.12 is still very bad. MangosZero is the 2.4.3 up-to-date code, but ported back to function with 1.12.

So to really answer your question, no, not really.

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MaNGOSzero core is a sideline development henhouse, it is relatively bug free as far as I tested it, although the defence calculations may be a little off.

As for pre-1.12.1, You could see if there was an old wademu core or eWOW core (That went up to 1.8.0 before they stopped). You'd have to be lucky as these things are over 6 years old, and most people have stopped hosting the files.
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Minisword View Post
    As for pre-1.12.1, You could see if there was an old wademu core or eWOW core (That went up to 1.8.0 before they stopped). You'd have to be lucky as these things are over 6 years old, and most people have stopped hosting the files.
    Thank you.
    I did a google search for WAD and found a site, WAD - WoW Server Emulation ..... However does anyone know if this is the only site around still that has WAD downloads? Because from the way it looks, it's for an even lower client than I was wanting (currently wanting 1.2.3 unless I can find a download for the 1.2.2 patch, which is the highest patch supported with the downloads on the site)?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are copies of the 1.0.4 installation discs floating around on the internet in torrents, although I cannot post them here. Find a torrent finder and see if you can find one. Best of luck.

Personally I do have ISO rips of the 1.0.4 CDs, alas they are far too large for me to send to you, sorry.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the WoW installation discs for the core game. The problem I'm having right now is I don't have any patches between 1.0.0 and 1.2.3, and I don't have any guides for the WAD emu downloads I found on the site I linked.
    Any guides and patches or anything would be appreciated.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see if I can find some patches, and i'll have a poke around in the WADemu files to see if I can find a map extractor and things.

EDIT: Good news and bad news.

Bad news first, I have had a check and I cannot see any patches anywhere. You can only hope that someone has them lying on a hard drive from 2005.

The good news: Take a look at these screenshots.

This clearly shows that the emulator is WORKING. However, there seems to be a lack of scripts in the script folder, which means most of it will be unscripted, or possibly unspawned or any combination of the two.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/887/wad2.png -- Too large, posting the direct link.
    I know this is an error message, but this shows that the emulator is clearly receiving the packets and it's spitting out bad version messages, which is promising.

In total, I think this will work with a 1.2.1 client. I have no way to prove it but it is just speculation. I believe it is up to you to find the patches now.

Also, it comes with a working website. The way this emulator handles data is in files, not databases. There is no need for MySQL as all the files are stored in the subfolders of the root folder.

Edit again: I've found the patches (I think!) http://www.filefront.com/listing/pub...ficial-Patches

There you go my friend
    Last edited by Facerolling; 01-12-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You.
    I finally did find a place to download the patches, World of Warcraft Downloads -it's filefront anyway-, includes even 0.9.1 which is beta I believe.
    Anyway I'll see what I can do from here, thank you so much

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im 99% sure there is a branch of mangos for 1.12.1 if not you can try reverting the svn to a much earlier revision. Also you can download the original 1.0.0 files from somewhere in the emu release section, it has all patches up to 1.12 as well.

edit: just keep reverting till it goes pre 1.12. as for the actual patch re-read what i said after the bit about mangos.
    Last edited by 2dgreengiant; 01-12-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn shame I can't play it, the earliest UK patch is 1.2.3, Good luck though and PM me some screenies or something if you get it to work

The 1.12.1 MaNGOS branch is called "MaNGOSzero"

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Minisword View Post
    Damn shame I can't play it, the earliest UK patch is 1.2.3, Good luck though and PM me some screenies or something if you get it to work

The 1.12.1 MaNGOS branch is called "MaNGOSzero"
    Alrighty will do.
    Also I hope this all means it's working:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6563/wadworking2.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1042/wadworking1.jpg

And wouldn't it work to download the US client? I've run into enGB patches in the past that the only problems I'd get was that it didn't match up for my US version of the game, so I'm thinking just find the US version, if it'll work for you.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would work, but it'll take far too long and I don't have the usage on my internet contract to download it this month

The server looks like it's running fine, saving correctly and managing to stay online.