0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reversing by what we know rather than what we do not know

Hi, I have recently started a research project on reversing using a number of apps including wow, I have various .exe versions and have opened them with and without files in ollydbg and IDA and saved the outputted code, referenced external libraries and function calls and created memory dumps at key breakpoints.

I then set about finding common code fragments between various revisions of the apps (wow being the easiest because there are so many versions) and I noticed that different wow versions have different external dependencies, massive changes in internal structure and decided to peice together what we know rather than what we do not know. I'd like anyone who wants to join this to post here any functions they manage to reverse directly from wow.exe stating the revision number, i'll reciprocate accordingly so we can have an info thread based upon what wow does rather than what we amble together to play with blizzards toys

reversing by what we know rather than what we do not know