Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

command that changes the BODY display but not ARMOR display.

Yes.

I want something a guide or something that tells me how to change the BODY of a race to the body of another race and keep the ARMOR, all using a command. Remember that this will only change the skin of the player who used the command, not the whole server.

I don't want to change the display ID for when you make a character and it looks like another race.

command that changes the BODY display but not ARMOR display.
    The-Eradicator's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can. * EDIT: To clarify, I don't think you can only skin the character. There are (possibly) some ways around it, elaborated below.

Basing this purely off information in the DBCs, I believe the server only tells the client what race the character is. The client finds the appropriate models.

If that is the case you cannot change the character's body without also changing it's race.

On the other hand, the server does tell the client which textures to use, which is why you can use a morph command with a player model and end up with something crazy. Tauren male with night elf male textures, anyone?

Theoretically you could have the server send a different race without changing the character's abilities, skills, ect, but I don't know off the top of my head where you'd want to patch your core.

I would look for the race enumeration in the core, find all instances of that enumeration being used, and start examining code.

You might be able to do something with the mirror image packet, but I have no advice for you regarding that. Presumably, a player is just a unit, but I don't know whether the client makes a distinction between the two (regarding the mirror image packet).

You'll also have to determine a way to save that character's state (database, presumably), unless you want it to only last until logout.
    Last edited by The-Eradicator; 12-18-2010 at 03:37 AM.
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein

darkmagishin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look this video and closely look at the commands he enters. Skip the video to 1:20 to start looking at the commands.

YouTube - EchelonedWoW guide - Native DisplayID

Do you see the way his skin changes, but not his armor?

Thanks.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's using what Eradicator described:
    Originally Posted by The-Eradicator
    On the other hand, the server does tell the client which textures to use, which is why you can use a morph command with a player model and end up with something crazy. Tauren male with night elf male textures, anyone?
    There's a displayid for every race, but it won't look correct because of the textures. He changed it to the bloodelf one. All the vanilla races are displayid's 49 to 62 I believe, try it:

.mod displayid 50

As for why it retains the armour though, perhaps it's just that model. The goblin models (before cataclysm) had perfect textures and retained armour for example.

.mod displayid 15476

darkmagishin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your replies guys.

It turns out that the command is available to arcemu, so yeah it turns out that my server had this .mod native command.... MAJOR screw up.

Thanks problem solved.