0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Editing a eMux database...

Okay, so I'm trying to get inside the database I installed with eMux... to add custom gear. But the SQL that eMux uses is hidden, so I followed this tutorial from the eMux page.

1.) If you have Navicat for MySQL or even Navicat Lite, first start up your server in eMux.

2.) Once its up, open Navicat and start a new connection (If you are using Navicat Lite make sure you select the MySQL connection).

3.) It will ask for a Connection Name (you can put what ever you want)

4.) A Host Name/IP Address (just type in localhost)

5.) A Port (to get this, go to your eMux "Configuration" tab and within that tab go to the "Realm" tab, in the "LogonServer" section it it shows the Port number you need to use to connect in Navicat)

6.) A User Name (I am not sure why but the only way I can get it to connect is if I use the User Name "emux" CASE SENSITIVE)

7.) And finally a Password (Under the same tab where you found the port but this time in the section to the upper right of it, you will see "RemotePassword" and then it will show a password which is "eMux09" CASE SENSITIVE, use this password for your password in the Navicat connection)

8.) Press okay once you are finished filling out the things I listed in the above steps, than double click your new connection and when it asks you for the password, use the password you entered into your connection settings "eMux09" CASE SENSITIVE. And your in!
    However, I'm not getting the same results even though I did it the same way. Either it sits at 'Connecting' forever, it tells me 'Access Denied' or, if I leave a password out and give nothing, the database it loads is EMPTY. I don't know what to do, can someone help me?
    Last edited by Andaeda; 12-08-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Editing a eMux database...
    Andaeda's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing... No other Mac users here?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Okay, I finally figured it out. I thought I would post how anyways because there are 1000 unanswered threads about the same thing with no solution. Here is a video:

The problem I had while attempting to connect was that the port shown in eMux was different than the one in world.conf. Use the settings in world.conf and not the ones in eMux and you should be good to go.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No other Mac users here?
    Ewwww, Mac.

There's a lot of model editor's who use Mac and some Mac users in general here at MMOwned, but I don't know anyone in the emulation scene who uses a Mac.

Glad you figured it out though.