Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Niche Market: Book of Glyph Mastery

Hey guys, just a quick little tip from me today,

[Book of Glyph Mastery] has always been an awesome Niche Market for me to Monopolize on. On my real (and on most these days) the book goes for about 50-60gold on Average. But throughout the day you will always see people posting them for as low as 15 gold each and as high as 80 gold each very frequently.

Usually I buy out all books below 50 gold and repost them for 55 gold (even if there are a few for say 51 and 53gold, I know they will sell).

Well sales in the books have slowly started winding down because most of the big scribes have learned everything that they can from the books.

Well wrong, with 4.0.3a there are new glyphs that you can learn which were previously unobtainable such as Glyph of Vanish. Meaning ALL scribes will now be buying books again even if it's only 1 or 2 each.

Also with this patch there is currently a second coming of Glyphmas (almost like 4.0.1) and again, it's going to get hyped up and there will be another burst of new entrants into the Glyph industry.

On most servers you won't see more than 10, maaaaaybe 15 Books up at a time, so buy them all out and post them up for 100g-150g each, it's VERY easy to create a monopoly on these since there sin't actually a very big supply. You don't really FARM for them, they just happen to drop while questing or dungeoning etc. They ALWAYS sell throughout the day and sales are going to increase drastically once again with people needing new glyphs from them and as I said, all the new entrants into the market from all the hyped up gold being made.
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 11-24-2010 at 04:36 AM.

Hot Niche Market: Book of Glyph Mastery
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    please remember that you THINK it is going to be like glyphmas, nothing is certain.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    please remember that you THINK it is going to be like glyphmas, nothing is certain.
    I'm not thinking, I'm speaking from experience and current events. I've been in IRC with the JMTC team since the moment that US servers came up last night and we have been getting live updates and discussions all night and morning long about how sales are going and why.

Prices ARE currently going up steadily on both US and EU servers, and they will continue to do so as people realize the lack of access to lower level Inks.

I also posted a lot of my reasoning HERE from before any servers came up.

Originally Posted by UnholyShaman View Post
    It's an OK tip, but to me you come across as the kind of person who read this or heard it somewhere and thought it would be a good idea to post.

You need to understand WHY something it making gold, not just because something is making gold. What you said will NOT be immediately true, here is why:

I would estimate that way over 50% of the people who make alts never end up getting them past level 15-20, at least not within the first immediate month or two. Glyphs have level requirements (the minimum being L25, then going to 55, 75 and so on and so fourth). Therefore there will NOT be an immediate spike in the demand for glyphs simply because not everyone is going to reach level 25 and remember to buy glyphs within the first week. Even then it is only a TINY portion of glyphs that are actually available to level 25s.

With that said it's still good that you are making an effort to spot potential gold sources and that you are sharing them too.

The addons are nice, personally I use:

Auctioneer to get Auction Prices.
    ZeroAuctions to post, undercut and cancel glyphs.
    ZeroAuctions to build a craft queue.
    ZeroAuctions to automatically buy all reagents and trade all inks required for my craft queue.
    Altoholic to keep track of what glyphs I have on which character (I make one one character and sell glyphs on 2-3 different characters at a time).

Advanced Tradeskill Window (when not working with ZA Craft queue since they aren't compatible) for a more detailed Tradeskill Window and allow me to queue up my own manual craft queue.
    Lil'Sparkey's Workshop for keeping track of Auctioneer Prices within the above ATSW addon.

I'm on one of the most populated servers on EU where the Alliance to Horde ratio is about 11:1 (no exageration and I'm on Alliance), so I know how the ins and outs work for a very high populated server.

There WILL be an increase in demand for Glyphs, but it WON'T be an immediate difference and it will be something that will slowly increase and decrease over time. If you are on a very high pop server there is mostly likely a LOT of competition supplying glyphs, so in the end you will barely notice any increase in sales because there will always be someone that will undercut you within 10 minutes of you posting and there will always be a whole bunch of someone's who don't care about making a LOT of gold and will continue to post their glyphs at just above break even point.
    You guessed it

Something that you could add (bit late now for US, but EU have some time) is stock up on Glyphs or at least stock up on your Ink of the Sea and trade it for lower level inks. On the PTR 4.0.3a the Ink Trader Jessica Sellers no longer trades Ink of the Sea for other inks, instead she is trading Blackfallow Ink (the new Cata high level ink which is not yet available) for lower level inks.

Therefore we could VERY well see a rise in Glyph Prices due to the FAR higher cost of Pre-BC and TBC herbs versus WOTLK herbs. I suspect Glyphs that are made with Ink of the Sea will fall in price because those who usually stock up on WOTLK herbs / IOTS to be milled or traded, will be stuck with all that IOTS and can't get rid of it except for auctioning the ink or crafting tons and tons of Glyphs that only require IOTS.

------------
    Edit: 5 hours later, prices are still rising, many glyphs nearing 70-100g marks and many others have gone over that already. I bought all the book of glyph mastery off the AH last night and posted for 120g each, so far 7 of them have sold giving me about 90-100g profit each. Still the only one supplying books so more sales will be coming in soon.
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 11-24-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep for making me laugh with glyphmas =P

vyvymamga's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vyvymanga is a fascinating character who has managed to capture our attention with her own personality and life experiences. She resides in the center of our tight-knit neighborhood.
    Despite the ups and downs of her career, Vyvymanga has established herself as a legendary character in our community. This blog post tries to shed light on my neighbor Vyvymanga's unique and poignant story, who is a divorced crybaby. visit here: vyvymamga

itqanplus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a valuable tip with you today regarding the [Book of Glyph Mastery]. This item has proven to be a lucrative niche market for me, and I believe it could be for you as well. Currently, the book tends to be priced around 50-60 gold on average, but there's a significant fluctuation in prices throughout the day. You'll find listings ranging from as low as 15 gold to as high as 80 gold quite frequently.

My strategy involves purchasing any books priced below 50 gold and then reselling them for 55 gold. Establishing a company in the free zone Even when there are slightly higher-priced options at 51 or 53 gold, I've found they tend to sell well at this rate. However, an interesting twist has occurred with the recent 4.0.3a patch.

New glyphs that were previously unobtainable, like the Glyph of Vanish, are now learnable from these books. https://bighollywoodbreitbart.com/ This means that even established scribes who had seemingly exhausted their use for the books will now be returning to purchase them, even if only in small quantities.

Additionally, with this patch, there's a resurgence in the glyph market similar to what we experienced during 4.0.1. This renewed interest is attracting a fresh wave of participants into the Glyph industry, creating a potential burst of demand.

Across most servers, the supply of these books remains relatively low, with usually no more than 10 or maybe 15 books available at any given time. This scarcity presents a fantastic opportunity for those willing to take action. By acquiring and monopolizing the available supply, you can consider pricing the books at 100g-150g each.