Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attention Possible Scam/misunderstanding

ATTENTION
    h4tee has sold me a fake beta key. He said that the beta key was sent to a battle.net account that he set up for me. This Battle.net account was blank when I checked. He then gave me instructions that to play the Cataclysm Beta I would need to setup a 10 day trial on the account and download the cataclysm patch with wow version 3.1.2 or later and log in with the trial. It will be automatically upgraded to Beta. I told him this was all bullshit and he insisted that this is how EU cataclysm beta enrollment worked. I asked time and time again for him to forward the e-mail to me. He kept on insisting that his e-mail had no forward option. I then told him to copy paste it into chat. He did after some time... I read through it and this is what it said word for word.

"You have selected to participate in the beta test of World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™. Welcome!

In the beta test you’ll get an opportunity to test the first changes of Azeroth, and the new levels above 80. We look forward to your feedback on the overall experience, including quests, monsters, zones, aesthetics, and more. We would also appreciate reports on any bugs you may encounter. These can be logged using the /bug command explained below.

Getting started:

In order to participate in the beta test, you must either upgrade your existing World of Warcraft account or make a new one, allowing you to connect to the Cataclysm™ test realms. The World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King game client that you use must be patched up to version 3.1.2 or later in order to install the beta test client.

Go to http://www.batle.net and follow the detailed, step-by-step instructions to begin playing the World of Warcraft - Cataclysm Beta."

It says ****ing batle.net instead of eu.battle.net BATLE WTF IS THAT. He doesn't fully believe that it was fake but come on this is obviously a phishing attempt on him or something and he got confused and tried to sell it to me. Well I'm out $35 now since I traded him the gamecard first.. He has agreed to give me atleast $20 back but so far hasn't. I'll keep you informed

-Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but right now I am just pissed.

Attention Possible Scam/misunderstanding
    h4tee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off sir,your a ****ing idiot.
    You gaved me wrong e-mail to send you the cata beta key,ok,i was even looking for a guy that was going to trade you the key,had in all conversation with you,and finally we came to an deccision that it was our own mistake and im going to pay you back 30$ in next 1 or 2 days.
    But sir,you are an idiot who claims i am scammer.
    Bye.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a thread in the trading section on this forum for this trade?
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Mikeylol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, isn't battle.net the us equivalent?

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mikeylol View Post
    Also, isn't battle.net the us equivalent?
    If your reffering to the website address there is only 1 T n it where the real battle.net has 2 T's in.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added this guy on msn yesterday as well, wanted to buy a SC2 Collectors Edition from him. He looked like an obvious scammer so I ignored him,.