Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stormwind City Raids in Cataclysm

This guide will help you conduct city raids on Stormwind come Cataclysm.

Requirements
    • Have Group, Will Travel [Optional] - Summons your entire raid or party to you, but be sure that you remove offline players as well as dead ones, just in case.
    • Mass Resurrection [Optional] - Revives all dead party or raid members with 35% health and 35% mana.
    • Flight Master's License - Allows you to fly in Azeroth
    • 40+ Players
    Step #1 - Recruitment
    Recruiting players is easy, simply promote your raid with a few achievements and you'll get tons of whispers. Make sure that you have at least one Warlock and a few extra healers.
    Step #2 - Establishing a Safehouse
    The Safehouse will be where your group falls back to if the raid fails. Make sure that you guys disperse properly, and that no Alliance finds the safehouse or they might alert others to come and take it out. I like to have my safehouse at a barn in the new Stormwind Park area. See the pictures below for details on it's location.

Also, make sure no one aggro's the farmer below.
    Since Stormwind is a city, you can use Trade chat from it, and if a player leaves or you need more, you can promote the raid via the chat and have a Warlock summon them from the safehouse. It's always suggested to have a summoning group at your safehouse, as well as a mage to provide portals back to Orgrimmar and some drinks, which is another good way to convince players to go.
    Step #3 - The Summon
    Offering a summon in your advertisement will also intrigue more players, as they don't have to fly all the way to Stormwind but will instantly be teleported there. There are two ways to approach this, and that's "Have Group, Will Travel" or simply have a Warlock summon. "Have Group, Will Travel" is a lot faster, and I definitely recommend using it if you have it.
    Step #4 - Attack the Keep
    Fly over the park and hit the keep, keep at least one player on top of the keep at all times, this way they can use "Mass Resurrection" though I remember it having a fake Unlimited range tool-tip on beta, Wowhead shows 100 yards. Either way, however, it can still probably be used from a top of the roof, or from the top of the lion head statue at the entrance pictured below.
    Step #4 - The Pull
    In Cataclysm, guards have been ridiculously buffed, and so it's suggested that you only pull two at a time if you have a group of about 40. If you have more than 60, just rush in. If any Alliance players enter the scene, dispose of them immediately. They are more important than the guards, as some can heal them or do damage to your healers.
    Step #5 - The King
    The king and his near guards shouldn't be to hard, focus all DPS onto the king, and I suggest that you have an off-tank for the guards. The King has Whirlwind & Heroic Leap, so stand back.
    Did you wipe?
    If you wiped, have someone cast Mass Resurrection. Anyone can cast it, it has no mana cost, and I remember it having no cool down, but players can only be resurrected by it once every 10 minutes (or so says Wowhead).
    Congratulations!
    If you have followed this guide, and have been able to successfully lead your guild, you should've been able to slay Stormwind's king.
    Last edited by Tigerbyte; 11-04-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Althoo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehhhmmm, aint this just common sense? The only thing that i wasn`t aware of is that guards will be heavily buffed in Cata:P Well, this might be a good guide to some, even though it`s common sense to me at least, thx for contributing.

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great effort for your first post. Rep from me
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER