0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warden Detection

In terms of Warden's privacy update (2.0) which supposedly stopped it from scanning processes outside of wow, albeit a few specific programs, to what extent does this affect stuff like simple auto clickers?

I know it's a risky game with more automated / anti afk bots, but the detection systems used, as far as I can tell, only scan for specific strings / hashes / hooks, and are more concerned with the top end bots. So simple programs, ones whose strings can easily be changed because of their small size, are surely not going to be targeted by warden?

I understand that you can absolutely get banned by using autoclickers IF the stuff you're doing is having it spam a macro to keep your character online for days on end, or falling asleep through it and then having GMs whisper you in game which you ignore. But, in terms of the core warden detection schemes, there's no chance that they'd bother looking for autoclickers?

Warden Detection
    Barrt73Rus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronyx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made many references to that thread in my OP, and I've read through a number of other threads about it. What I wanted cleared up was to what extent it scans outside of its own process. I understand it scans its own process to make sure nothing is hooked or injected into WoW itself, but when it looks for other programs, does it also pick up on things like auto clickers or strange repeat mouse movements?