Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Addon] Kiddo: Whisper auto-reply addon with simple semantic analysis

Disclaimer:
    1) I have put this thread to Programs and bots forum first. But then I've stumbled upon this forum, so I have moved it myself (delete&repost).
    2) This addon does not coply to Blizzard's EULA. Use with caution, on your own risk.

Long story short: While learning lua, I've created this simple addon that auto-replies to whisper messages. It is based on the Eliza chat bot. Eliza works like a psychoterapist. It tries to analyze what you type (e.g. I had a dream) and based on set of rules it will reply you something like "What does that dream suggest to you?"

I've changed the set of rules ('script' - you can find the original on the linked page) to behave like a kid playing WoW. It's not perfect and the script should be changed for anyone who would like to use it anyway. The auto-replies will be only as good as you design them.

If you are familiar with lua, changing the script itself will be easy (again, see the linked page for the description of the rules in the script). The script is included as multiline string in Kiddo.lua

The addon starts disabled and it knows two commands:

/kiddo on
    /kiddo off

The programming is not nice, it's quick and dirty. If anyone wants to help, we can agree on that whatever you change in the code itself, just publish here and you can freely use it for whatever purpose you want.

TODO:

1) the script contains some synonyms that don't work as intended (see todo in the code, '@words')
    2) the addon uses onUpdate event to schedule chat replies. I've put a delay between whisper receive and whisper reply. But I have little idea how this work, I just copied something from some wow forum. When you see the lua, it will be clear to you
    3) tidy the code - as I did not know how lua works, I just started coding, so the code really needs some work E.g. I've used my own trim function, but lua in WoW has some library to do it...
    4) better script - English is not my mother tongue. I am unable to correctly analyze what would typical botter-spotter question look like in terms of the script.

Addon: kiddo.zip - this is some free file sharing site, please advice on something better. I know I should add the virus scan link, but the file itself si behind captcha, so I can't perform in situ scan.

You can test it by sending a whisper to yourself, but it will soon end up in why-what loop. I think with a correct script, 1-2 whisper replies should look very real.
    Last edited by kixer; 10-26-2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: disclaimer

These ads disappear when you log in.

hp94's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd actually like to see how this works, I'll check into it tonight.

It also looks like something neat, so I'll throw some +rep in too.

FlorenceBoles's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A world of the war carat is fit for the terms for the citizens. Paths of the fund and Essay Services Reviews Club for the signatures for the team. Operation is hit for the liquidation for the turns for humans.