Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to EVE? Lost? Look here!

Hello,
    First of all let me congratulate you for choosing EVE.

Quick tips:
    • Do the tutorials - all of them.
    • Always keep a skill training.
    • Join the "help" channel and don't be afraid to ask in there or rookie help.
    • If in doubt - relog!
    • You can exit the game by pressing CTL + Q
    • F12 for the in-game help module

The tutorials are a plethora of information, easy ISK, and a couple of ships. They will help a little in finding your way in this huge universe, they are always recommended.

Now, keep in mind EVE is a sandbox, there are no set ways to play the game, so you're basically given a ship, couple skills, some ISK, and then left to find your own way.

Basics:
    Whatever profession you choose, you want to train the learning skills, these skills physically change your attributes - higher attributes = faster learning.
    Up until about 1.2M skillpoints you have a training bonus, I suggest weaving SOME (not all) of the learning skills in there, you'll want to get all the Tech 1 (cheap) learning skills to about level 4, with the exception of the actual "learning" skill to level 5. The Tech 2 (5m each?) to level 4 or 5.

You wont be able to buy them all straight after the tutorials, so now what you want to do is go do some of the following:
    Missions (like quests)
    Trading (market)
    Manufacturing (building shit)
    Mining (uber boring)

Explanation
    Missions: you get missions of agents, not all missions are the same, some missions require you to trade, manufacture, or even mine. See this link for mission types.
    Each agent has a level and quality. Level 1 are the easiest, and least paying, most of these can be done in a frigate or destroyer. Level 2 are normal/moderate difficulty, and most can be done in a cruiser. Level 3 are getting towards hard, and can have some nice rewards, can be done in a battlecruiser, or some well fitted cruisers. Level 4 are the most popular, all are usually done in a battleship.
    Level 5 are the hardest, most are given in low security space and are done in teams.

Mining: the act of shooting lasers (specifically mining lasers or strip miners) at rocks in space and extracting the stuff from it. A steady trickle of ISK.

Manufacturing: miners refine asteroids into materials, basically everything in one way or another is connected to materials. I don't suggest manufacturing right off the block.
    In order to make it profitable you need to research the blueprints, and get some skills to level 5. Leave manufacturing to later.

Trading: self explanatory. It's buying low, and selling high.
    The risk vs reward factor plays a role always.

Types of systems
    1.0 - 0.5 = high security, or empire. This is usually the safest type of space.
    CONCORD will show up if you are attacked by other players
    Warning: in the event of a war, CONCORD plays no role, as they have been "bribed".
    Note: It will take time for concord to show up.
    Note 2: if the player is flashing red - you can shoot him (for newbies - run away!)
    0.4 - 0.1 = low security. Everyone can shoot everyone. If the player is not war declared, sentry guns attack the agressing player, as well as if the victim shoots back. Security penalties are given when pvp happens (unless in a war)
    0.0 = Null security. There's 2 types of null sec.
    NPC: Pirate factions usually hold sovreignity here. Alliances will still show most presence here.
    Player: Alliances contest sovreignity, and the space where they hold sov is considered theirs. You can still go visit.
    Security (or sec) status:
    See this link for an in depth explanation of security status for players, and system security.

[b]So, what now?[b]
    Well you're in EVE, time to make your own way.
    Join a player corporation, I can't stress enough, you MUST join a player corporation.
    The main beginner training ground is called EVE University, these guys will teach you, and are always there to help.

Apart from that, most newbie friendly corporations will also help.

Google: always recommended.

Useful links:
    Grismar's EVE Wiki: Welcome to the EVE Online Wiki @ eve.grismar.net
    Eve University
    https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Main_Page
    Main Page - EVElopedia - The EVE Online Wiki
    EVE Online | EVE Insider | Forums
    http://ideadrought.com/blog/wp-conte...ning-curve.jpg

This guide is just a basic run down of some of the first things you will encounter. This is my first guide, and I may or may not consider expanding it.
    I'm terrible at writing guides, but there's a bunch out there, so GOOGLE IT!

New to EVE? Lost? Look here!
    Grif's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, this post reminded me about this baby, and im actually gonna try it out :>