0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The News Team is Recruiting!

THE NEWS TEAM
    The not-so-silent guardians of the frontpage

You've seen those boys in yellow: their swaggerific vibe, gaming know-how, and those flashy yellow names. BUT are you a bad enough dude-- I mean, News Team member?

NEWS TEAM MEMBERS

-They are respectful, upstanding members of the MMOwned community.
    -They are mature and thoughtful.
    -They can cook a mean lasagna (Sometimes)
    -They bad articles for breakfast and burn grammar mistakes to death. (Not really)
    -They can take constructive criticism.
    -They have a genuine interest in producing content for MMOwned with the intent of making the site a more informative place.
    -They hate 2dgreengiant. (Also not really)

Most of all NEWS TEAM members must love to write news. I'm not talking about just any old news. It isn't enough to go copy-paste something off of another source. We want to challenge you to create interesting and original content and posts. Don't think you're ready to write news? Think again. We're looking for writers of all types and walks of life. Here's some types of articles we're looking for:

-PvP analysis
    -PvE analysis
    -Non-WoW MMO writers
    -Up to the minute WoW news coverage
    -Creative posts (poetry, literature, etc. It must be WoW or MMO related).
    -Machinimators/Motion Graphics Producers (Create original video content for MMOwned)
    -Academia (Sociologists, Political Scientists, Researchers. Anyone who can connect their profession or study to analysis in WoW or other MMOS)
    -Emulation experts. Yes, we're looking at you.
    -Other (Suggest something to us!)

What does the News Team do?:

The News Team is here on MMOwned to ensure not only that our homepage is fancy for new visitors, but that we create content that will draw in new members to the site and community. Our goal is to give them a peak at some of the creative content that MMOwned produces and has to offer. However, this is not our only duty:

- Since the inception of the News Team, we have become a primary source for interesting World of Warcraft-related articles and analysis, ranging from sociological analysis to news updates and release date predictions.
    - We also provide a way for the community to benefit and get more involved with MMOwned by offering prizes from our monthly giveaways. We have given away WoW TCG loot cards and beta keys in the past.
    - We interview some pretty big figures in the gaming world. Athene was among one of our guests, giving the News Team a detailed interview for an article some time ago.

Okay, so do I get a dental plan?

The News Team will not pay you for your work, but there are a host of other significant benefits:

-Yellow username.
    - Access to the News Team chat lounge.
    - Get beta keys before the MMOwned community. News Team members get all of the cool stuff first to review.
    - Get real work experience writing for a site with 600,000+ active members and visitors. KuRIoS and other staff will be willing to vouch for you and write up a statement for your resume in future jobs.
    - Get exposure and get your work published. Most of my articles get 20,000+ reads a week, on average.
    - Become a trusted member of the site. This may not look like a lot, but more people will be willing to bargain with you and make deals if you're a special rank.

The News Team isn't about the glory or the benefits, but about the pride of known that you do your part to keep the site well-oiled and shiny for new visitors. Here's a list of ground rules for the News Team:

Originally Posted by Aphel
    NEWS TEAM RULES:
    - Do NOT disrespect Admins, Mods, or any staff members or assume that this position makes you equal to them.

- Do NOT act like a child or make immature posts on the forums. You are the role models of thoughtful posters for an entire community of users young and old. ACT like it. (4chan memes and other immature stuff is a big NO)

- Be active. We expect you to post at least one article every 2 weeks. If you cannot meet this deadline and fail to alert
    aphel or an admin, we may warn you or ban you from the News Team all together.

- Be respectful and helpful to all members. Don't act like an ******* just because your name is a special color.

- Help and respect your fellow News Team members. We're all here to have fun and make the MMOwned community even better through our work. If you can't get along, we'll have to remove you from the News Team.

- Follow News Team rules and protocol. Trial members in repeat violation of posting rules will be removed from the team altogether.

If you think you're ready to join the News Team, let me give you the lowdown on how this is going to work.

Step 1.) Submit your writing example of 700-2000 words to
    aphel through a PM or email me your file as an .rtf at [email protected]
    Step 2.) The News Team, Admins, and Staff will discuss their choices, and pick a number of News Team candidates to become trial members of the News Team.
    Step 3.) As a trial member, your articles will be approved or rejected by myself. You must show me that you can continually produce good content.

Cheers!

aphel, News Chief.

Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

The News Team is Recruiting!
    7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you guys want me back? I have more free time on my hands nowadays

T3hDrakkus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have applied, via e-mail. Thanks for the opportunity.

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to all those that are interested in applying- Looking forward to some more good news posts
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam it! (love u aphel)
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    Dam it! (love u aphel)
    You too, 2d :P
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Errage View Post
    Good luck to all those that are interested in applying- Looking forward to some more good news posts
    This.

I am not going to apply as I would most likely fail at the job.
    Death to all but Metal.

RyeRye's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck guys, It's a fun position. I started out good, but then just wasn't active at all on computers anymore. Hope someone else doesn't do it like me, good luck to everyone!

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck guys, it truly is a very fun 'job' to have here at MMOwned I know I enjoyed it =D

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Good luck guys, it truly is a very fun 'job' to have here at MMOwned I know I enjoyed it =D
    Good times...

Just some advice to those who apply:

Have fun. Don't take it too seriously, but still get the job done.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to all the people (and pandas) who apply!