0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank/Healer LFW Gold Mine

Related tread found, same idea different approach: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...oics-tank.html

I like the feature in MMO that automatically links possible treads with same content. Anyway on to my guide. It is of common sense that tanks and healers are of shortage on a daily basis. Myself being a paladin fully geared in 25m ICC I have no problem finding pugs that will take me on their run.

This guide/Idea will become even more profitable once Cata comes out as many ppl are going to be back in the game and desperate to find a good tank and healer.

This is assuming that you are a decently geared tank and or a healer and there will have no problem performing as advertised. This is not a guide to scam.

Summarized version:
    1. Queue in Random Heroics as tank or heals
    2. Once group is ready to pull ask for a 20g donation from each player
    3. If you get voted out re-queue
    4. If they pay you profit

The math:
    1. 20g per player. 20x4=80g per run on tips
    2. ~10g from trash mobs per run
    3. ~10-25g vendoring gray and white trash items
    3. ~5-15g per DE/cloth items in AH or 7-27g per item vendor-ed
    4. 26g for killing last boss on a daily Random or 19g for non-daily random heroic
    5. 2 Badges, I buy gems with them Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple
    Total minimum per run (farming random heroics w/o an enchanter): 126g for a 30min run

Misc exponential multiplier:
    Do a little bit of research and find out what type of loot each boss drops on each instance that can potentially satisfy your "offspec" before beginning the dungeon, ask if they mind you rolling need on DPS gear for your OS and vendor at the end. Selling cut gems can fetch from 50-100g+ per cut

Scenario: first boss in PoS drops 4 items I could use as OS, both Ret and Holy, vendoring those items can fetch from 7-22g each. That's just one boss.

All in all I can easily make a minimum of 150g per run whilst getting a few badges as well which I turn into gems.

Real example, On my days off I farm randoms for 7-8 hours. Below is the math:

1. 8hrs of randoms @ 30mins per run= 80*60/30=16 runs
    2. 80g per run from tips on 16 runs = 80*16=1280g
    3. Minimum of 70g per run from vendoring trash on 16 runs = 1120g
    4. 2 badges per run on 16 runs = 32
    5. Total gold I make = 2400g or 300g per hr

I hate grinding mobs I really do, I know there's more gold to be made grinding mobs but with PVP lurking around I expose myself of getting ganked and I can get sick or grinding the same spot over and over. Running Randoms is a little more exciting, I get to get achievements and in a couple of cases get a rare mount and such. I've sold 2 blue proto-drake mounts for 5k each (inside the instance, obviously), and have gotten my blue drake from OC.

For the skeptics:
    1. You do not get deserter if you are voted out without having killed a boss.
    2. You can do endless random heroics as long as you queue through the dungeon finder UI

My own reality:
    -Groups sometimes do not want to pay up, so I have to wait and re-queue several times until I find a group who would payup.
    -Have I ever lower my fee? yes.
    -Do I always make 2400g a day? no, sometimes I do, sometime I make more.
    -Has that brought me bad rep in my server? yes, but ppl quickly realize how hard it was to find a tank or healer period.
    -Have ppl ever left group cause they said: sigh there's that guy again. Yes, but eventually they learn how hard it was to find a tank or healer. once you stablish yourself as a reliable good tank/healer ppl know it's gonna be a good run and it's going to be worth the price.
    -Have I ever seen anyone else do it? Nope
    -Has anyone in my server constantly spams "tank/healer LFW 20g"? Yes but ppl usually lol at them. I do not spam trade in my own server, I do not do the tip thing in server raid pugs, I do not like building a bad rep in my own server. It's easier to get a few desperate ppl from other servers to pay the 20g just to get it over with than have my name plastered all over trade chat.
    -What I have done in the past though is I see in trade chat LF1M Tank for XX VOA or whatever being spammed for up to an hour, I will offer my services for a fee only when I see that they're extremely desperate.
    -Is that only thing you do all day? no, I also have 2 other accounts I bot with. I fish with one and I gather with another one. Do I really need to make this much gold? I didn't think so at the beginning but now I have a couple of legendary weapons that could have been a pain to make and farm without just buying most of the mats, I also payed for a few titles and mounts hard to get on my own, so all gold I make comes and goes just like that.

Again This guide/Idea will become even more profitable once Cata comes out as many ppl are going to be back in the game and desperate to find a good tank and healer.

Hope this helps other and hope ppl don't flame it too much.
    Last edited by chicochido; 09-25-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Tank/Healer LFW Gold Mine
    PhillyPhong's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need colors..

but uhm, you can trade gold crossrealms?

Shodokan's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PhillyPhong View Post
    Need colors..

but uhm, you can trade gold crossrealms?
    No you cannot.

This is very stupid and honestly you can make more money even from fishing than doing what you are talking about even if you get people from your server.

cania2010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plus your making them pay for YOUR service even though they signed for randoms which doesnt cost anything. Imo thats just lame. Dislike alot from my side

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you can trade gold xrealm now?! Sweet bro! Brb messing up the economy of low pop servers.

kghassel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add in the fact that I believe even if you are kicked from the party then you also suffer a deserter type debuff I believe. Could be mistaken seen it work many different ways.