Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So have you heard about this? Realtime Worlds..

one moment as I check the Wall Street Journal for APB's expenditure vs profit. ah yes, no need!!!

What is this .. RTW (known for APB, Crackdown) are going bankrupt on the UK side, news so far has been garnered that the US side is helping sell the UK side to another company. The company that grew interested to fly private jets to Europe is none other than...

ACTIVISION. Looking to recruit the soon-to-be company-less workers for their own.

On Thursday August 19th and Friday August 20th Activision Blizzard staff will be carrying out selected 'one to one' interviews for key vacancies within the company, Activision Blizzard will host the special recruitment event at the Apex Hotel, City Quay, Dundee.

The financial collapse of Realtime Worlds is attributed to the 5 year development cycle of APB and the less than spectacular reception it garnered. Going the route of Hellgate London, APB will be slipping through the cracks unless a major development house picks up the tab and carries it up.

News is still developing since this was announced today, taking into consideration of the 50+ workers that were already laid off previously.

Speculation is rising fast as to the games fate, and most of it looking very dim.

"As you may or may not have already read, RTW has recently announced that it has entered into administration. When reading this news, you'll probably be wondering what effect this will have on you, the players," the developer posted on the APB forum. "Well, the good news is that it doesn't. APB will continue to run, receive updates and is completely accessible. There will be no disruption to the service."

Technically, Realtime Worlds is correct. The company is now legally protected from creditors and/or landlords seeking payment for up to one year and can go on doing business. If, however, no buyer can be found within 12 months, the company will be liquidated -- and that would certainly lead to a disruption to APB's service."
    ~Gamespy

~all other information garnered via the use of "google" no wai right... multiple sources at that.

Slowly brought to you by,
    Remus -what the heck is the news team doing?-
    Last edited by Remus; 08-18-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: minor grammar error

So have you heard about this? Realtime Worlds..
    The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait for 2 weeks. It will get here.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lol'd

but most (if not all) of their dev team is in the uk side ;~;

This is what happens when you make a creative game without the game
    Last edited by Dragonshadow; 08-17-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short, UK dev's go home.. the game goes home. as DS said above.

Sadly, I wish they had released chaos servers from the get go.... it's primarily what made GTA series popular, rampant violence with a do whatever environment.

Also denote: I do not follow APB at all, I own it and did not wish to look at it until my new ram came in. Wasn't to hard to see news from other websites and wait 5 hours.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are you getting promoted to news team? +Repx3

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate him more not being on the news team as he actually does stuff up to date.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D: