0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find Faction ID's + adding Guard NPC's

i figured i might as well put two guides into one, don't ask me why, i just did :P

Find Faction ID's

Before you find out how to get the faction ID's, you might be content with just having a list of them, why didn't i just post a list instead of the guide? because the list was made after the guide, anyway here it is, Hypersniper made a script which used my method to get the NPC faction ID's. http://pastebin.com/YUL2iWVF

ok so finding faction ID's, you might think this is as easy as looking in faction.dbc, but it's not, the faction ID's there only work for quests and items, they don't work for NPC's. but the client/server has to be pulling those NPC factions from somewhere right? well after a bit of testing i found out that -

"warning, this may confuse you, if it does don't panic, you don't actually need to know it"

the field1 in Factiontemplate.dbc corresponds to the ID in faction.dbc, so the client/server pulls the ID's and faction info from factiontemplate.dbc and then gets field1 in there and then uses that number to get the faction name (and perhaps other values) from faction.dbc

"confusing part over"

so if you want to get the ID for a for a faction you:

1. look in faction.dbc and get the ID # of the faction you want

2. find that # in field1 of factiontemplate.dbc

3. get the ID next to that field1, that ID is your NPC faction ID.

this may sound confusing but when you actually do this you will find out that it is actually just as easy as looking up the ID's in the DB if not easier and it is more reliable.

Making Guards

Now moving on to making guards, this is a very simple thing to do but i find that a lot of people have trouble figuring this out.

to make an NPC that is friendly to both Horde and Alliance, that does not attack PvPers nearby but does attack any nearby hostile NPC's (any NPC's that are hostile to all players) set their faction to 1857.

to make the ultimate guard that attacks anyone who PvPs nearby and attacks hostile NPC's simply set the NPC's guardtype to 2 in the creature_proto table. (this has only been tested for Arcemu, i don't know if there is a similar column in other cores)
    Last edited by Elidan0; 08-12-2010 at 01:43 AM.

Find Faction ID's + adding Guard NPC's
    alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the list of faction ID's.
    Death to all but Metal.

choweyiii's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to make the ultimate guard that attacks anyone who PvPs nearby and attacks hostile NPC's simply set the NPC's guardtype to 2 in the creature_proto table. (this has only been tested for Arcemu, i don't know if there is a similar column in other cores)
    Code:
    `creature_proto` SET `guardtype`=2 WHERE `entry`=900015 LIMIT 1;
    If you get that like I do, you may need to copy a guard, in Hedi, simply clone the line of '3296', (and change the entry) which is an Orgrimmar Grunt, change it's faction in hedi to 11 for Stormwind, or 65 for Orgrimmar, these npcs will attack any enemy, player, or creature

Elidan0's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by choweyiii View Post
    Code:
    `creature_proto` SET `guardtype`=2 WHERE `entry`=900015 LIMIT 1;
    If you get that like I do, you may need to copy a guard, in Hedi, simply clone the line of '3296', (and change the entry) which is an Orgrimmar Grunt, change it's faction in hedi to 11 for Stormwind, or 65 for Orgrimmar, these npcs will attack any enemy, player, or creature
    yeah you could copy a grunt and add the faction to him and then modify him to make him how you want, or... you can simply put 2 in guardtype.