0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft Holidays

World Events. Like them or hate them, they add some little events to the game that players may flock to or completely avoid. As summer approaches, the Midsummer Fire Festival gives players who are staying at home over the summer something interesting to do to start off their long vacation.

The Holiday "Harvest Festival" (which I almost forgot the name of) has a lack of interesting prizes or activities, and lacks greatly in design. The holiday was made to honor the sacrifice of Uther the Lightbringer and Grom Hellscream during the Third War. Players will visit either respective hero's tomb, in order to pay tribute. Sure, it has lore significance, but where's the fun in all that? It doesn't compare to the fun holidays like Lunar Festival, Hallow's End, Winter's Vale, or even Midsummer.

Should Blizzard offer one-time holidays that celebrate a current world event, such as the World Cup? Wouldn't it be fun to have a World Cup holiday in game, in which players could play a game of PvP football in the Gurubashi Arena, and lower levels could blow Vuvuzelas to annoy other players? That sounds like a blast to me, even though I wasn't that excited for the World Cup. What do you think would be some great new holiday ideas for WoW?

Post a comment and tell us what you think!
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

World of Warcraft Holidays
    Tuckerboy5's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic idea, didn't think of it +Rep!

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noo I like the extra 10% xp stacked with RaF!

Exigious's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be cool, but essentially pointless.

ArenaRating's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good idea, but people who like roleplay probably have something against it. Soccer just doesn't fit the World of Warcraft world.

However, I agree with the fact that there should be more holiday events like the one you suggested, it would definately make the game more interesting.

One idea of myself is to make world events where you spawn random mobs/bosses which players can defeat. Or a PvE-arena, like 15 rounds and every round has some trashmobs and a boss in it (maybe even bosses that already exist), and you only have short time to regen and prepare for the next fight.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ArenaRating View Post
    One idea of myself is to make world events where you spawn random mobs/bosses which players can defeat. Or a PvE-arena, like 15 rounds and every round has some trashmobs and a boss in it (maybe even bosses that already exist), and you only have short time to regen and prepare for the next fight.
    You mean lotro skirmishes?

Chrommie's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player made holydays. it doesnt have the epic feeling anymore. for example, the defeat of a final "OMFGWTFPWN hard" boss should be made into a holyday. what im saying is that I would like to see dates added by the players themselves ;p

Jackie Moon's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chrommie View Post
    Player made holydays. it doesnt have the epic feeling anymore. for example, the defeat of a final "OMFGWTFPWN hard" boss should be made into a holyday. what im saying is that I would like to see dates added by the players themselves ;p
    Realm First Holiday event. I mean with the realm first down of the lich king shouldn't all the argent crusade people celebrate for a week? With some games, events added this could be fun for all not just the people who get the title.
    Check out my YouTube: SkeetzGaming