0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who moderates the moderators?

Some of the moderators seem to think they have the final say on anything and everything, no matter how trivial.

One prime example:
    robert9555 posted a sexy movie on youtube to get people's information...
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...s-youtube.html

Not just a good post, but a friggin GREAT one!
    Now little immortal1983 decided to not only flame the post, but to THREATEN TO DELETE the post if Robert did not prove it useful, because it was "useful only to the poster"...

Now I do not wanna say we need to have an IQ test for moderators... okay maybe we DO need an IQ test for moderators... but I digress...

So I called the dude out on it. That was blatant abuse of power as a moderator, and he really owes Robert, and ALL of MMOWNED an apology... but what does he do instead of making it right?
    He DELETES his post totally, and EDITS MINE down to only 2 lines.

I am asking the community of MMOWNED to look at this, and think seriously...
    is it really okay for ANY moderator to edit one of our posts JUST to cover up their own mistakes? And if they did screw up that badly, is asking for an apology too much to expect from the moderators we should trust totally?

I am asking of MMOWNED itself to look long and hard at this...
    If we are not able to post and know the post will stand, then why bother even posting in the first place? If he will edit my post to make himself look better, then what is stopping him from going behind us changing the entire idea we posted?

Seriously...
    This is not cool at all.
    I run 47 AddOns. My UI has an MP3 player. Unbuffed I am 10k hp/10k mana, 12k armor. I can wear shadow gear and destroy any 3 level 70 shadowpriests. At once. I AM a badass. And anything with C cups or better and pretty eyes will OWN me.
    Know your limits. That is life as a Pally in Warcraft.

Who moderates the moderators?
    Athrin Onu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Who moderates the moderators?

Matt.

He's the administrator and owner of this site. I'd send him a PM with your concerns.

immortal1983's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent you a PM to explain the situation, it was a mistake on my part.
    Also notice your post was long after I deleted my post.
    QQ

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we are after all humans who can make a mistake, or more .
    we strive after making mmowned the best place for all. sometimes we step on someone's feet, but shit does happen.

devilish_hunter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by immortal1983
    I sent you a PM to explain the situation, it was a mistake on my part.
    Also notice your post was long after I deleted my post.
    QQ
    And in said email you threatened me too...
    immortal1983:
    "I would suggest you read why i deleted my post and hopefully that would answer why I edited your post.
    I would also suggest not to flame a moderator because no one on these forums will miss you."
    Threats... you answer EVERYTHING with threats... This entire mess STARTED when you threatened to delete a post... a GOOD post, made by someone with a solid idea, and a well put together post too. Those are rare enough! But after you threatened him, you decided to threaten me as well... where does it end?

I did not flame. I called what you did wrong. And I asked you to not delete MY posts when they were not wrong, and to ask me before you did it again.
    Flaming would be calling you names and getting ill. I was VERY civil. You on the other hand, seem to not be civil at all. If you disagree with a post, you delete it. That is not moderation, it is tyranny.

Seriously, you do need to talk to Matt.
    Threats are not the way to get things done. Or they are not the RIGHT way at least.

@KuRIoS
    I agree 100% and I make errors all the time.
    All I was saying is as a mod he should have apologized to Robert for being so snappy and FLAMING Robert's post. As a Mod he should not have flamed or threatened AT ALL in the first place. Instead he tried to hide the entire issue by deleting it all away. And now is trying to push the blame off on me. I am not a perfect person either, but I WILL own up to mistakes and apologize on the many occasions I do make them legitimately.

Threatening anyone should never be tolerated. And now I see he threatens people alot. Including me. But when an error is made an apology is MUCH better than whacking everything in sight with a Delete key and trying to act like it never happened. I do not want nor need any apology for me, but when a Mod flames a good post, he needs to apologize to the guy that made it... in this case Robert. And mods need to remember they are setting the example... immortal1983's out of hand put down was out of line, and is not the kind of example that should ever be set.

If MMOWNED has become a place when a Mod can threaten people at will, I would be GLAD to see myself banned. It is hardly the place I would be proud to spend any of my time at all. the WONDERFUL thing about the forum is the way you can see other people's thoughts (even the dumb ones) and see how people react. Honest reactions are very rare in person, online they are much more fresh and raw... when any one person starts altering those posts for no reason, or without good reason, or making them go away altogether, it undermines and ruins what makes the thing special in the first place... and that is what has happened here.

And one more thing immortal1983...
    Pull the email logs. You DID NOT sent me a message... you responded to MINE. I went out of my way here, do not try to act like you were the one putting effort into this. I was trying to get things set right, and you are busy trying to sweep it all under the rug. A real person does not handle problems that way... they face up to it, and deal with it. Your original post should never have been deleted. You should have seen it as an honest mistake, apologized, and made it right. That was the RIGHT way to handle it. Trying to cover it all up, and then intimidate me into silence with the whole "nobody will miss you" nonsense was the very VERY worst way to handle it. You need to seriously take a good long look at how you handle things, and ask yourself if it is the best way to handle them, and if you would like to be handled that way yourself.

Until I see an apology made publically to Robert for your flame, I will not rest until I am Banned or you do the right thing.
    There is right... and there is wrong... and this whole thing went down wrong.
    Last edited by devilish_hunter; 07-09-2007 at 04:06 AM.
    I run 47 AddOns. My UI has an MP3 player. Unbuffed I am 10k hp/10k mana, 12k armor. I can wear shadow gear and destroy any 3 level 70 shadowpriests. At once. I AM a badass. And anything with C cups or better and pretty eyes will OWN me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by devilish_hunter
    If MMOWNED has become a place when a Mod can threaten people at will, I would be GLAD to see myself banned. It is hardly the place I would be proud to spend any of my time at all. the WONDERFUL thing about the forum is the way you can see other people's thoughts (even the dumb ones) and see how people react. Honest reactions are very rare in person, online they are much more fresh and raw... when any one person starts altering those posts for no reason, or without good reason, or making them go away altogether, it undermines and ruins what makes the thing special in the first place... and that is what has happened here.
    Thank you for describing every forum on the internet, save for the likes of 4chan.

Honestly, lighten up. The guy made a mistake, so what? We're all human and making mistakes is part of existence, as is covering up our mistakes if they don't need to be glorified, and are better left ignored to the public eye if they bear no significance to anyone else. Did it impact your life to the point where we would care? No. This is like reading about Paris Hilton getting thrown in jail: maybe one or two people will care, but the rest of us won't give a crap. Hell, we may even begin laughing at you. This is called an E/N thread and nobody likes an E/N thread.

This is between you, aforementioned moderator, EDIT: some guy named Robert, and possibly Matt. There is nothing that the rest of us can do, there is nothing that a public apology will do except stroke your ego, and god forbid we fuel the proverbial fire.

Man up and handle it the right way: in private.

EDIT: I appear to have not read key parts of these mindless text walls. Since this is apparently in defense of this Robert guy, why not let him fend for himself? Unless you're just trying to facade as an internet hero or something?
    Last edited by Athrin Onu; 07-09-2007 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Athrin Onu

The reason this thread is here is because my other posts were getting deleted outright.

Why should Robert or anyone else have to fend for themselves? Every single person can and SHOULD stand up for what is right. It is not about ego, and it is not about "keeping it quiet"...

Better question... Why doesn't anyone else "Man up" as you put it and demand things be put right yourself?

I TRIED to handle things quietly, and my private message resulted in a moderator THREATENING me. I guess people like you think that is totally cool too.

Guess what... to me that kind of bullcrap is not cool. At all. And it should not be to you either.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Athrin Onu

The reason this thread is here is because my other posts were getting deleted outright.

Why should Robert or anyone else have to fend for themselves? Every single person can and SHOULD stand up for what is right. It is not about ego, and it is not about "keeping it quiet"...

Better question... Why doesn't anyone else "Man up" as you put it and demand things be put right yourself?

I TRIED to handle things quietly, and my private message resulted in a moderator THREATENING me. I guess people like you think that is totally cool too.

Guess what... to me that kind of bullcrap is not cool. At all. And it should not be to you either.
    So many ubsubstantiated assumptions. Hmph.

You interpreted my post wrong. Do whatever you think is right to handle it correctly, great. But we don't need to know about the rest of the situation. There was no need to explain it, there was no need to embellish it with comments and demands. You could have just posted your question as the post body, for that matter.

This thread could have died, potentially, after my first reply, and the moderator's reply in this thread should have been left ignored for its relative immaturity. That's handling the situation maturely - not by continuing to throw e-crap at each other. That's "manning up" - not taking the bait.
    Last edited by Athrin Onu; 07-09-2007 at 05:37 AM.

Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gimmes back my repssssssssssssssss!

original~GANK~staz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

immortals only been a mod for like a week not shocking news, not saying i dissagree with u, in fact i totally agree with you, but i havent had a prob with a mod, they usually delete my posts cuz there were dumb, imo i dont think immortal should be a mod becuase hes not experianced enuff hes only been on the site for like 3 months, i think enfeebleness shoudl be the mod for scams hes kewl
    Last edited by original~GANK~staz; 07-09-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by original~GANK~staz
    immortals only been a mod for like a week not shocking news, not saying i dissagree with u, in fact i totally agree with you, but i havent had a prob with a mod, they usually delete my posts cuz there were dumb, imo i dont think immortal should be a mod becuase hes not experianced enuff hes only been on the site for like 3 months, i think enfeebleness shoudl be the mod for scams hes kewl
    I was unaware immortal was new... that does create a more... complete picture of the sitch...

And yes, were it a democracy I would vote for Enfeeb. He is ballsy and outspoken enough to stand up for himself and not hide p00p!
    Always have to respect that!

And he do gots a sense of humor too...

Marlo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the moderators seem to think they have the final say on anything and everything, no matter how trivial.
    That's because we do lol

Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am indeed sure that is our job, to check over threads and give the final word on them.

Shit happens. People make mistakes, and I suggest you take your concerns to the Super Moderators such as KuRious and I, or even Matt if you think it such a large issue.

Not to make a new thread with nothing constructive in it other than to flame someone who made a mistake and wounded your pride.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to us, and the matter will be looked over.

Yours,
    Alkhara Majere