0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lagg Bot like winlag created by piggy

Hello, I'm looking for a program that is just like the winlag program flying piggy created for wow that when activated causes extreme lagg. I have been searching and searching and theres just no other program like it.

Please is there a way to make winlag work for eve online?

Lagg Bot like winlag created by piggy
    Thetruecrow's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep********

stealthy01's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on Earth would you want to make EVE lag?
    The only thing it would result in is you being shot without realizing it.

luckStar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I want to make eve lagg I cant really share with you but it will open an opportunity to be able to "control" a certain feature within eve until I turn the lagg off.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If memory serves, the only thing that will happen if you lag is you'll rubber band a lot on your end. The server will just continue business as usual meaning you'll get shot, etc. It'll just be harder for you to respond to actually do something about it.
    WoW was nice about forcing lag because you'd appear to "jump" all over the place and be hard to kill. That won't happen in EVE.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok basically id use it when trading items with other players. So I can open a trade with someone in the station and then type in the amount required, then id hit the lagg bind and then change the amount of isk to something different andthen accept, and because there is extreme lagg it will take afew seconds before the other player sees you have changed the value.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with that plan is that it will happen one of two ways, neither of which you'd like:
    1) The moment the server receives the updated amount of ISK transferred it "un-readies" the trade so that the trade will not occur
    2) The server does not recieve the updated amount of ISK in time (due to the user-induced lag) and the trade occurs using the initially set ISK to be transferred

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help so far stealthy but I have played eve for 2 years and im well aware of how the trade system works, and when Jita, (the system) is full there is natural lagg and its gives people about half a second to 1 second of lagg. The server registers you having accepted its just it takes a few seconds for the animation of the tick and the money to change. Ive done it many times but sometimes 1 second of lagg just isnt enough.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 years is nothing
    Jita is indeed a laggy system when chock-full of market bots and spammers, but I too know how the trade system works.
    The problem with your plan is that whenever the server notices any change (more OR less items/ISK), it un-readies the trade for whoever changed their side of the trade.
    What it looks like you're trying to do is time the change of your value so that the server processes it more or less the same time it thinks the other person accepted the trade.

Inducing client-side lag won't affect this at all. What would affect it is server-side lag, i.e. the server itself bogging down. Destabilizing the connection between your client and the server won't have any impact on the trade at all. Now, if you were to try and do this while there's a massive null-sec engagement going on...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so I could have a 56k connection and change the value, and the other person would see it change instantly? So its best to try this when theres lots of people in jita or a nullsec war going on?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not so much that you can have a shit connection and they'd see it instantly, it's that there are two different types of lag and you're interchanging them.
    You're best trying to do this form of scam when the node Jita is on is bogged down (server lag). It's very hard to force such a thing. A massive fight in Jita local would do it, or a massive spike of people jumping into Jita. Anything that heavily loads the clusters could impact whatever node Jita is on and slow it down.
    I say 'could' because lately CCP seem to have been running Jita on its own dedicated node.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes jita does have its own node and sinse the tyrannis patch its be capped at 1200 people, until the determin the patch stable they will uncap it back to 1400 people again. Thanks for the help stealthy.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem at all.
    CCP generally has their server-side stuff down well, so you're going to have to look hard to find a way of inducing server lag/overload.

outwith11's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Super Nanny". "Deceptively Delicious." "Fast gold WOW." These are just some of the book reviews,

Kim has already been WOW Power Leveling. Planning to

52 books a year, she is already at week 13, and you Buy Aion

Gold
    browse them all in the sidebar. What a fabulous idea and I love that they share their

findings with the fascinating world of Buy WOW Gold. And their

contributions are honest and detailed. Plus I enjoy the personal aspect of how it integrates all the

good advice in their own parenting skills. Click to read more, or better still follow it as a

Parenting Book "Almost every week, fast WOW Gold.