Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

current bots and new developments

hi all,

perhaps someone has information about that. Back in the days there has been a bot project called "openBot" used with innerspace.

All current bots i know aren't even that good as openBot was. Does anybody knows a bot that works like openBot...with "works like" i mean the same powerful functions..random pathing and stuff like that.

I know that this bot was done with source injection and that this is much more difficult to handle but perhaps there are devs somewhere that say "wer are going to do the "next gen" bot"

Would be awesome! =)

current bots and new developments
    Nikentic's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    10/4
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, HB jsut got new pathing, and soon to come Question.

DaSoul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i know and the new pathing is great but it still follows a route..not that bot-like as before or other bots but still different then for example openbot did with the "random pathing" where the bot always runs in different directions using different spells..just looking 100% human like.

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm DaSoul that is incorrect. Honorbuddy originally used a pathing system very very similar to open-bot (maybe not on the technical side of things, but to the average every day user it was exactly the same). If you were a open-bot user like me you'll remember you gave your bot a hotspot to go to, and then you had to map out the area so it could reach the hotspot, from there it would randomly choose the path to the hotspot etc. HonorBuddy did exactly that.

However now HonorBuddy2 is out (in beta) and it does exactly the same thing but you no longer have to map out the area you just give it the hotspot and it figures out how to get there itself. It has better un-stuck stuff etc. and is essentially what open-bot was but better.

Again this is looking at it from a simple, average users point of view and not technical (on a technical side it might be completely different, but at the end of the day it makes no different to the typical user, i.e. YOU).

Anyways, I hope you understand now!
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

DaSoul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah okay then i did not read the buddyforum carefully =) i thought the new pathing system would already have been implemented. sry for that.

Perhaps you can tell me, has the spell using system been changed too? Or does it use the spells in the same way as now?

Because this is what openbot did..it has detected that it is stupid to cast a shadow bolt if the mob has 1% health remaining and did an instant cast.

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open-bot used something like routines if I remember correctly, pretty much it was a script written by users that determined what the open-bot did in certain situations, in the case you just mentioned, it would use an instant cast instead of shadow bolt when the mob has 1% health.

Similarly HonorBuddy has Custom Classes, which are the same thing pretty much. They are class logic scripts written by users that determine how the bot behaves. It is definately possible for the bot to not use shadow bolt when the mob is at 1% health and use a much less mana consuming spell, it just determines whether or not the person that wrote the custom class tells the bot to behave in that way.

HonorBuddy actually comes with default custom classes, however I HIGHLY suggest that you download the bot then go on to the website buddyforum.de/forum.php and go to the custom class section for honor buddy and download the custom class for your class from there. These are generally A LOT better than the default ones for the bot. I know that this is especially the case with the druid Custom Class. The defualt one that came with the bot was pretty average but when I got the CC from the forum it was much more intelligent.

tldr; ye HB can do what Open-bot did with combat!
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?