0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allods Online: Review

I recently had the opportunity to play Allods Online. It is a new Free to Play MMORPG that I came across that was introduced to me by a friend a few weeks back. At first I had intended to give it a small glance and maybe take a few screenshots etc. But once I started playing I actually became a bit addicted and realized there is certainly more to Allods than meets the eye.

This game is most definitely a bit of a WoW clone in the game play setup and the way things are designed, but unlike any other WoW-Like game I have seen this game has a very in depth story, great lore, amazing graphics, and really good customer support. This game is absolutely free to download at the moment and there is no subscription fees whatsoever when you play. This is absolutely amazing to me as this was the type of game that I probably would have spent $50 on, plus a monthly fee as well. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there is some sort of fee in the future as this game becomes more popular, and I wouldn't object to it at all. These developers have put an amazing amount of work into the best free MMO I have ever seen in my life.

I hope you enjoy my review of this game!
    Please check out the several pages that follow this one for a look inside Allods Online.

-7itanium
    MMOwned News Team

[BREAK=The League]

KANIANS

ELVES

GIBBERLINGS

[BREAK=The Empire]

XADAGANIANS

ARISEN

ORCS

[BREAK=Classes]
    Here are all of the classes, and "Archetypes" you may choose when playing.

[BREAK=GamePlay Videos]
    Here is a 2 minute video I made that shows some of the starting questline
    [YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cd5N9CREUak&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cd5N9CREUak&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Here is a really nice HD video of the character creation screen. Shout out to PinkBalrog for this epic video. I did not make it, but I did recieve permission to use it in my article.
    [YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kbkBeDEJ1rc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kbkBeDEJ1rc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

[BREAK=Screenshots]

[BREAK=Download]
    DOWNLOAD THIS GAME FOR FREE
    HERE

SET UP AN ACCOUNT TO PLAY FOR FREE
    HERE

[BREAK=Conclusion]

All in all I think I would rate Allods Online at about a 9/10. The graphics are good, the story line was interesting, the classes and races to choose from are very nice.

PROS
    -Graphics
    -Lore
    -Storyline
    -Classes
    -FREE
    -Quick Download and installation
    -lag free
    -A lot like WoW (pro and a con)

CONS
    -Massive spam in general chat from gold farmers
    -you have to click the attack button for every swing there is no auto attack
    -No online GM support (cant have it free and have this)
    -Only 3 races of each faction
    -The starting quests are extremely easy.. almost as if its a joke
    -a lot like WoW

MY RATING

9/10 ********

Overall I definately reccomend that you guys try this game out. Especially since its free, but even if you had to buy it, it would certainly be worth every penny.

I hope you enjoyed my review.. good luck and...

HAPPY GAMING!!!

-7itanium
    MMOwned News Team
    Last edited by 7itanium; 03-29-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Allods Online: Review
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1192/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice review..
    Downloading it now

basher125's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys :-)

Casperx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit short on info, great though, might wanna note that leveling beyond lvl ~5 is a pain, i basicly stopped at lvl 9 because i wouldn't want to spend 3 hours at such a low level to gain a level, the stat system isn't that great either in my opinion

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much of a review, more a notification that this game exists but still at least you covered stuff xD

However the first thing to do before you try any f2p game is google the cash shop for a game as that can make or break a game.

Allods online for example, if you play roughly 1-2 hours a day, if you want to actually have somewhat of a chance at end game you're going to be spending more money a month than you are on WoW.
    So I'm gonna stick to WoW
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibberlings = cute, <3 etc.?

EDIT: After reading this article I actually decided to give it a try.
    Maybe because the graphics are "strong" like WoW's or maybe you just
    wrote this article so pretty damn well.
    Last edited by Xel; 03-29-2010 at 09:37 AM.

tottelol's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~OddBall~ View Post
    Not much of a review, more a notification that this game exists but still at least you covered stuff xD

However the first thing to do before you try any f2p game is google the cash shop for a game as that can make or break a game.

Allods online for example, if you play roughly 1-2 hours a day, if you want to actually have somewhat of a chance at end game you're going to be spending more money a month than you are on WoW.
    THIS is a total turn-off I kinda liked the game untill I saw this about a cash shop...

EDIT: I did like the article though, I probably wouldn't ever tried the game if you hadn't written this. +Rep
    Last edited by tottelol; 03-30-2010 at 12:05 PM.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~OddBall~ View Post

I guess I dont understand how a 5+ page article outlining all the details of a game, complete with screenshots and 2 gameplay videos isnt a review??? The entire CONCLUSION page of the article is about my opinion and REVIEW of the game...

im a bit sick of all the flaming TBH but I guess your entitled to your opinion, but I did work very hard on this.

as far as the cash shop goes I guess I should have outlined that better.. I never really looked into it much myself as the free to play thing was good for me. and the cash shop is not a mandatory thing but it certainly makes things to quicker

XC4T4LY5TX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Article, im gonna give this game a try, looks like a bit of a WoW copy, but either way it still looks good

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    the cash shop is not a mandatory thing but it certainly makes things to quicker
    I disagree. Every f2p mmo that survives for any length of time gives you an actual benefit for paying real money. Otherwise, folk don't see the point in paying and won't, so it dies. And the benefit is usually big, so folk are willing to pay.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review. Everything anyone needs to know about the game. I'd like to hear more bout YOUR experience with the gameplay/combat and definetly the leveling system. Maybe add a diary? Just some suggestions .

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1192/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download complete ! Patching and creating an A/c now.
    I'll play a char till at least half-max level before posting my comments....
    Also, For a review I think 7itanium put in enough info. Those finding this article lacking info do check out their forums & main site..I'm doing that for some more in-depth info for this game ^_^

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    I guess I dont understand how a 5+ page article outlining all the details of a game, complete with screenshots and 2 gameplay videos isnt a review??? The entire CONCLUSION page of the article is about my opinion and REVIEW of the game...

im a bit sick of all the flaming TBH but I guess your entitled to your opinion, but I did work very hard on this.

as far as the cash shop goes I guess I should have outlined that better.. I never really looked into it much myself as the free to play thing was good for me. and the cash shop is not a mandatory thing but it certainly makes things to quicker
    Not a flame, was just stating. I didn't think it was a review because of 2 things:

A) I didn't read the conclusion (My bad xD)

B) With the exclusion of the intro and the conclusion everything is a screenshot of something off the website.

Writing two small posts about a game isn't that much hard work, I dunno maybe that's just me. Also I didn't think the review was lacking in content at all, it clearly outlined what the classes etc. were, otherwise I would have said so xD

And finally, the problem with the cash shop is the items in it are as close to mandatory as you can get before it starts getting shoved down your throat. At end game, if you don't have the cash shop items every week you'll get dominated by every other player.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to level 7 in this game than quit...

Nice review though.
    Death to all but Metal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast