Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[RaF] Recruit-a-Friend Guide.

Kitsuji's Recruit-a-Friend Guide

Hello MMOwned, I decided to write my own recruit a friend guide as I have obtained 7 level 60's (Leveled to 80 afterwards) Just from this. Yes this has obviously been done before, I searched it, but I just thought it would be a good way to clear up any questions anyone may have. Personally I think RaF has ruined old world leveling, hopefully Cataclysm will fix this. I will also most likely add more information to this guide in the future. Also, even if this is a repost, please don't take it down, I worked very hard on it and I just wanted to share my ideas with the community.

Basics / Getting Started

For those who don't know what Recruit-a-Friend is, it basically lets you level at a 300x faster pace, from all quests and mob kills.

Recruit-a-Friend (RaF) is usually done by getting many many instance runs from higher level characters allowing you to power level fast, but can also be done by questing. While questing is not as fast it brings allows you to enjoy the way Blizzard intended WoW to be enjoyed at a much faster rate.

To recruit a friend, you must go to the World of Warcraft website and on the left hand side click the promotions tab, and from there click Recruit-a-Friend. From there you type in the email of the person you want to do recruit-a-friend with, and such.

After the person you are recruiting has got the email, they must then make a new account. The new account can be linked to a current battle.net account, or it can be linked to a new one. If you with to make a new battle.net account but already have one, make sure from the email you get you click "Manually Type in Code" because if you click the verification link it will most likely automatically link it to your other battle.net account if you are logged in or have the info saved on your computer.

After you first link your account, you will be able to play in-game as a trial account, there are many frustrating downsides to having a trial account such as: Only being able to level to 20, not being able to trade, and not being able to talk to people who don't have you added. It is recomended to upgrade to a full account ASAP.

Prices
    After someone has made their RaF account, they will need to pay the following Fees to level fast and efficently.

Leveling a Character to 60:
    Vanilla WoW CD-Key: $20 - $30
    WoW 60 Gamecard: $30

If you wish to continue to level the character on the new account you make, you will also need to purchase:

Burning Crusade: $20
    WoTLK: $40

If you are intending to transfer the character you level on the new account to your other account it will also cost you another $25.

Speed Powerleveling Method
    If you use the Powerleveling method of recruit a friend, you can usually obtain level 60 in about 2 days played time (3 - 6 Days as an average player.), this is excluding down time. The Powerleveling method of Recruit-a-friend is done by getting a high level player to run you through instances multiple times to maximize experience quick and easy.

Upsides:
    Fast Leveling

Downsides:
    Bad Gear at level 60
    Paying for runs
    Missing out of the fun of WoW

Leveling 1 - 10
    The only way to level from 1 - 10 at the moment is to do quests. This often shouldn't take to long. In my opinion the best places to level are Durotar for Horde, and Elwynn for Alliance. As its just leveling it is up to you. You can usually get to level 7/8 if you do all of the starting zone quests, which just leaves a few quests to do in the second zone. As another option for horde toons. If you wish, you may go into RFC (Rage Fire Chasm) At level 8 to speed up the process a little more, but as I said, I believe its just easier to level-grind your self to 10.

Leveling 10 - 28

Alliance:

10 - 16 - The Deadmines (VC)
    Just repeat this instance about 6 - 8 times, it is one of the worst instances for powerleveling but its the only one for the lower levels. You can usually buy a full VC clear for 15 - 30g depending on the person.

16 - 28 - Stormwind Stockades (Stocks)
    The Stockades, in my opinion is the best place to powerlevel someone with recruit a friend. It is in one of the most popular citys which makes it easy to find someone to run you and can be cleared fast with good experience. You usually can find someone to clear this for you for about 10 - 20g.

Horde
    8/10 - 15 - Rage Fire Chasm (RFC)
    RFC is a good quick instance in Orgrimmar, which makes it easy to find a runner for. You can usually buy a quick clear of this for 10g.

15 - 28 - Razorfen Kraul (RFK)
    RFK can get a bit annoying sometimes, but if you have an intelligent runner you can usually clear this quite fast. Another upside is that it is quite long, allowing more xp before hitting the instance cap. A run through this will cost you 30 - 40g.

Leveling 28 - 40

Both
    Factions:

28 - 40 - Scarlet Monastary - Cathedral (Cath)
    Cath is extremely good experience and quick. It will take quite a few runs to level from 28 - 40, and seem a bit repetitive, but this is the best place. A run through this often costs 30 - 50g.
    WARNING: Make sure you or your runner has the KEY from Scarlet Monastary - Library.

Leveling 40 - 50

Both
    Factions:

40 - 50 - Zul'Farrak (ZF)
    Some people may disagree, but ZF is the best from 40 - 50, I also enjoy the troll instances myself for some reason. A clear through this will cost you about 70 - 100g.

Leveling 50 - 60

Both
    Factions:

50 - 60 - Stratholme (Strat)
    A lot of people hate this place, but in my opinion, it is the best and easiest. Make sure to tell the person running you that you only want the undead side cleared, as the living side will cause a lot of deaths you you xD. A run through this will cost you about 90 - 120g.

Alternative Way: 58 - 60 - Blood Furnace (BF)
    If both you and your friend have the Burning Crusade expansion, its is much faster to run out to Hellfire and get some BF runs. A run through this will cost you about 150g.

Gratz on 60 ^_^

Hints

1. When looking for runs it is advised to say something like this:
    "WTB (insert instance here) Speed No Loot RaF Runs - (insert amount here)g Per Run! PST."
    2. Make sure when getting Cath runs that your runner has the key to the instance if you don't.
    3. Try to find a runner who will take you through multiple instances multiple times, it will save a lot of time searching for a runner.
    4. (Will add more later)

Thanks for reading my guide, good luck!!

[RaF] Recruit-a-Friend Guide.
    Thelovefool's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing special but it seems that you have put a lot of effort into it so +Rep

R 3 A L 1 T Y's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for contributing +Rep

eloivanelst's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kitsuji View Post
    For those who don't know what Recruit-a-Friend is, it basically lets you level at a 300x faster pace, from all quests and mob kills.
    I lol'd.

(10 char)

SM411's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you manage to get bad gear after been boosted in instances? I have never had as good gear on my lvl 60 as after i got RAF boosted in instances.

Kitsuji's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to minimise time spent leveling it's faster to NOT LOOT.

n8114tw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kitsuji View Post
    Speed Powerleveling Method
    If you use the Powerleveling method of recruit a friend, you can usually obtain level 60 in about 2 days played time (3 - 6 Days as an average player.),
    ORLY?
    Some days ago in my guild, dunno why he lvls so fast, so i asked him. He said "Request a Friend"... lvl 29 - 59 in 1min oô

You may clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly...

eloivanelst's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's becuz he granted levels to a alt. :/

Silvera's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With RAF, I usually lvl from 1-60 in about 14 hours of playtime. 12 if not slacking.

uber's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished power leveling 4 of my friends alts to 60.

Did it at around 10 hours played with similar instances.

I would say maybe avoid DM because they have to follow and might die.
    SFK is easy because they sit at the entrance.

And from 55-60 DO SLAVE PENS! if they have BC you can get from 55-60 in about 40 minutes. The experience is ridiculous if you can pull large groups at a time.

Also if you are getting bored you can run them through BRD from 50-55 in one run. Its a nice change of pace and was a great way to remember the good old times.
    .... Dont Argue with noobs because they will just bring you down to there level and beat you with experience...

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to throw in a quick summary for personal 80 raf boosting;

1-8(horde) go to RFC til 15
    ----SFK to 20
    1-10(alliance) go to DM until 20 (or go to 15 and warlock summons or w.e. to SFK... worth it)
    ==
    Scarlet Monastery 20-35
    Zul'Farrack 35-45
    Scholomance (up until viewing room door)45-55
    HF Ramps 55-60; use the grantable character to gift the friend to 61 -means get them t0 99% drop the friend and ding the main.) free level if you are ditching the friend account >.>

Mind you fastest way I found personally for instance spamming; 5k gs mage and 5k pally tested. You will be hitting the instance cap on all instances when you are efficient.

Scholo vs BRD or strath; which would you have long n slow armored mobs or clothies.
    (tested them via the mage not on the paladin for above reasoning)

Spatt's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did just hit 60 with 5 hours played.
    Basically what we did was RaF ofc, and some guildies helped to summon around us to diffrent instances after each run so we never hit the instrance cap.
    Might throw a guide up here soon.

Dale93's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's noteworthy that all the Hellfire Citadel and Coilfang Reservoir instances are 55+, my favourite is Ramparts,
    you get about 110% of a level for one run, my personal record is 6 minutes and 12 seconds with a prot Paladin boosting
    (Skipped Omor the Unscarred seeing as I was there for XP, not loot and he ruins the XP/Hour)

Personally, my first account got banned 1. March 2009, its been over a year now, I have allready leveled 38 chars to 60,
    and most of them to 70 or 80 to sell for profit.
    My record is 3 hours and 45 minutes from 1-60 (Got summoned to all the instances, had speed potions (Yes, they actually
    make a slight difference in the end) and had Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
    for repairs and quick quest-obtaining and delivering (Note: PRetty much no quests are worth picking up other than the ZF
    Quests wich grants you over a level in XP.)

Your only real limit is the instance cap (5 Runs/Hour), it's been alot of discusssion about how this system works,
    but basically, if you enter Scarlet Monastery -Cathedral at 18.07, then you can do FIVE runs there before 19.07, once
    the clock hits 19.07 the instance-cap will reset and you will be able to do five
    more runs before 20.07. Please do take note that I said "Enter" not "Leave" or "Kill first mob/boss/last boss"

Note: When I got my personal record (3 Hours 45 mins) I did not grant a single level.
    (EU servers are currently down, thats why I'm here...)

xollax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dk pull Ramparts.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKvnayUsUk]YouTube - Death Knight: Hobbs Style[/ame]
    Last edited by xollax; 03-31-2010 at 05:58 AM.
    :wave:

cmac11's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a really good guide TY for help Good website too btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast