Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Botting questions concerns on account security :)

Ok ill keep this to simple questions. Heres what im planning on doing. I have 2 seperate accounts:

account 1: my main account, i love it, raid on it, DONT want to lose it, get it banned, etc

account 2: 2nd account, dont care about it, could care less if it gets banned, etc.

So with my 2nd account ill be botting on it for money items etc. or just to get some more 80s.

Questions:
    On my second account ill be using time cards to pay for my time instead of credit cards because i dont want any of that credit card info, address info, etc. in any way shape or form linked to my 1st account. Is this the best way to go?

As far as sending gold and items from account number 2 to account number one, what is the safest way of doing it? Is direct mailing and trading okay or can they track that? Should i make a middleman trash char to send all the items to before i send them to my main account?

Is there any other tips anyone can give me as far as being safe to not have both accounts linked in anyway.

Im aware the botting account can be banned at any time on the spot etc. My only questions here are about how to keep account 1 safe but still get items and gold sent from account 2.

So as long as no payment or account info matches, and i have a middleman for sending items should i be good to go?

Anyone else have any tips for me ? :P

Oh ya and in your guys' opinions whats the best cruise control bot for 1 click otw 80. as far as overall botting, ease of use, repairing, gathering etc.?
    Last edited by glynix; 03-24-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Botting questions concerns on account security :)
    nothinglol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, I don't think you need to really be that worried in the first place (edit: because the mere fact that the two are unconnected will serve as a primary line of defense.), however everything that you already mentioned can only help.

Only thing I could also suggest is using the AH. I'll see if i can also find some threads for you. (edit: can't find anything, tired of the search limitation :P)

But basically you have the right idea.

edit: opinion of best bot = honorbuddy. I just like it a lot from what I have seen it do.
    Last edited by nothinglol; 03-24-2010 at 11:03 PM.

glynix's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay thanks for the input. Maybe im overprotecting myself then? lol. Anyone else have any opinions?

nothinglol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since you really don't want to lose the main account, you can never overprotect yourself haha. Everything you can do, you should do. It just takes more time and effort :P I'm just saying that the likelihood is probably not that high. I'm not saying that it's not there

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they ever ban accounts linked to the same ip? Meaning if i had 1 computer dual boxing where account 1 is not botting and account 2 is. Would they ban both just because they are on the same ip? thanks in advance sry for bein a nub

Dtrey's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by glynix View Post
    Do they ever ban accounts linked to the same ip? Meaning if i had 1 computer dual boxing where account 1 is not botting and account 2 is. Would they ban both just because they are on the same ip? thanks in advance sry for bein a nub
    I have no experience in wow botting or being banned.
    But i dont think they would ban a ip
    It would be so easy to get around that.
    Just use a free vpn if your worried.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about if i mailed a BoA item to my bot account. Can they track that and tie the accounts together and ban both even though the one that purchased the BoA wasn't botting?