351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Notes from Staff Meeting 11th of March

Here are the notes on what i could scribble down during the meeting, I hope you will find it fun to read and give comments on it as well

Newsteam
    We want the newsteam to be more focused on the job at hand, to write members that actually interest MMOwned members, not some interview on how life is in scotland or whatever..

Newsteam “leader/commander” will be assigned to setup meetings and such and arrange what the newsteam does and who does it. Newsteam leader also accepts/denies new applications for newsteam.
    A leader will be assigned by the staff team later. Keep in mind that a lot of newsteam stuff gets easier when we upgrade to vb4.

MMOwned v2
    MMOwned v2 is a new version of MMOwned we will rearrange the forums, yet the wow forums will almost keep their current form. A lot of sections have been merged and new ones added. In case any of you haven't seen our proposed layout; FPSOwned it has been our test site for the last 2-3 months. We are waiting on vbseo to go gold before upgrading.
    All the experience, ToTW/M, etc stuff will be gone. All posts, rep, usergroups, etc, will remain intact. However, posts/threads will most likely be moved (so a little hunting on your part may be required).
    If you can think of a better structure for a specific area of the forum then send the staffmember that is in charge of that section a PM
    Our idea is simple; every MMO can have its own section, so long as it warrants one. New MMOs will start in an "Other MMOs" forum, and once they get busy, we give them their own forum (Such as the AION/Darkfall/AoC/etc sections). If they continue to grow, we keep adding more sections for them, until they turn into our WoW section. We're not trying to be the best WoW hacks, exploits, guides site anymore. We want to be the best MMO site. Period.
    Yes, and both the new forum arrangement and look/layout is not set in stone, we want any feedback/suggestions and how to make it look and feel better, we can make changes now. Especially the front page, that is simply a default page right now. So anyone that is good at designing layouts and such please fire away.
    We can promote posts, blogs, pictures, etc, to the front page. So if you make a seriously awesome post, and a staff member deems it should be on the front page. It's only 1 button to do it.
    **The backroom
    We have added a forum called “The back room” sort of anything goes, obviously the usual stuff like racism, bigotry, etc, still isn't allowed. It'll be mostly 'unmoderated', but we'll still make sure people aren't starting WWIII from MMOwned.
    **Blogs
    MMOwned v2 gives us one more awesome thing. Every single member on our site has their own blog. Unless staff has taken away your blog priv's, but that's only for the select few who abuse it.
    **Trading
    MMOwned v2 is bringing new trading sections. With (when I get around to it) special trading priv's for ID Verified members.
    **Gold system
    We will be getting a sweet new gold system. With the ability to buy 'stuff' with your gold. User titles, colored titles, new name colors (restricted colors, so you can't look like staff obviously). Possibly more stuff depending on what the rest of the staff agrees on. It is not yet decided how to gain gold, but hopefully, you'll be able to buy (with $$) gold if you want, but there will be other ways as well.
    **Lighter skin
    1 last thing; I wanna know how many people would actually benefit from a lighter skin. (We currently have 2 to choose from, a 3rd won't hurt us)

Community:
    How do we get more community into MMOwned?
    More contests will be held, not section specific, but gaming contests, wc3, HoN, Hello Kitty etc.
    More public staff meetings like this one, had a turnout of 61 people so that was nice. We will definitely do more of these.

Staff members:
    We're looking for ACTIVE staff members! So if you think you have what it takes, then write an application to KuRIoS and say why we should chose you.

It was a new experience for us and we really appreciated the inputs of those that were there We hope that you thought it was good too.

Yours Truly
    KuRIoS

Notes from Staff Meeting 11th of March
    Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lighter in color or lighter in resources?
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    color .

Overaggro's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Community:
    How do we get more community into MMOwned?
    More contests will be held, not section specific, but gaming contests, wc3, HoN, Hello Kitty etc.

EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Kitty is amazing, it will surely bring more users to MMOwned. Don't you know that Overaggro?! >: (

V2 sounds really amazing! Some changes to MMOwned will surely bring a load of new users, and make the current ones more active.
    I hope you could get some gold from for example having 500 posts gives you 5 gold (Or something, depending on prices of name colors etc.), 100 rep gives 5 and so on.

Sacrox's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --snipped piece of text, no fun for you stalkers--
    Last edited by Sacrox; 03-22-2016 at 04:58 AM.
    If you find a thread that is worth a +Rep - Then do it, else we might not get more contributions that is usefull.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the old gold system

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I missed it guys! I wish I didn't live in Canada Anyways sounds like a lot got talked about, awesome work. We gotta keep doing these on a regular basis.

Sheldrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runescape section? Wow, lol.

But ya, I like the upcoming changes

EDIT: You're from Canada too, Glyn? Nice!

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sheldrake View Post
    Runescape section? Wow, lol.

But ya, I like the upcoming changes

EDIT: You're from Canada too, Glyn? Nice!
    Southern Ontario

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sacrox View Post
    Livestreaming, make it so people can link their livestream through their profile, perhaps by using "http://www.livestream.com/".
    Make it possible to see the most viewed (currently active) livestream on the frontpage.

Color: Current blue fading into a faint green
    Or red and white
    This was brought up and we will see about it once we are setup with v2 then we will look at it again, however nothing is decided yet.

Originally Posted by ReidE96 View Post
    I remember the old gold system
    New system won't be like the old one. (where i had over 4 million gold due to lottery lol)

P1raten's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice.

The Lex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is, change the style/theme/skin whatever. The current one looks old/outdated, and it's messy in general.

EDIT: Saw the one at FPSowned now. Looks WAY better.
    Last edited by The Lex; 03-12-2010 at 04:36 AM.
    https://soundcloud.com/lexissopro

P1raten's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Lex View Post
    All I can say is, change the style/theme/skin whatever. The current one looks old/outdated, and it's messy in general.

EDIT: Saw the one at FPSowned now. Looks WAY better.
    They will be updating their vbulletin aswell.

from 3.x to 4.x

darkpatato's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast