Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MySql Help please!

Upon following this guide: for setting up my own server

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/ascent...cratch-18.html

I am getting this error:

1045 - access denied for user 'root'@localhost' (using password: yes)

When i get to THIS point in the guide

"A) Setting Up ArcEmu

Now that you have compiled the server you can now start setting it up so you'll be able to have it running properly. First you have to get your Compiled ArcEmu form trunk/bin/release. The only files you really need to move to a new folder are arcemu-logonserver.exe arcemu-world.exe collision.dll and the 4 folders that dbc maps script _bin and scripts. If I didn't mention this you are supposed to make a separate folder to hold the ArcEmu compiled server. Also you will need the configs from trunk/configs, just copy the whole configs folder to your server folder. Next you will need to get the latest Maps and DBCs either from your client for from downloading them from here (DBCs) for 3.0.9. Extract each of these in the corresponding folders I.E. Maps go in maps DBCs go in dbc. (I cannont post maps because the are to large to upload but they aren't really needed anymore.)"

I did try to setup a private server sometime ago, so I imagine that is causing me some issues here, but I do not know how to work around it, can anyone offer me some advice?

MySql Help please!
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how that point relates to this error in any way unless your trying to run the world / logon server. Basically the error is telling you that your SQL password is wrong, make sure you get the correct password and then put it into your logon and world config files.

Desiderium's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, I had the wrong section of guide posted,

B) Setting Up The Database

Now It's time to set up the database. Open up navicat create a new connection and under pass put the <pass> I told you we would need later. Then press OK. After that open the connection by double clicking on localhost, then right click localhost and click new database, you will be making 3, one named world, one named char and, one named logon. Go to the folder where you downloaded WhyDB, there should be a file called tool.bat. Right click it and press edit. Change WhyDB_world to world. then save and close it. Now open tool.bat, it will ask you for you information, the first will be root the second will be your <pass>. Then type i and press enter. Now you need to go back to navicat and double click char and logon. After you have done so you will need to right click them and choose execute batch file,Now go to <ArcEmu Source>/trunk/sql/ and find the database structure for the corresponding database. Now go to <ArcEmu Source>/trunk/sql/utilities and open ArcEmu DB Updater.bat, for this you will need to type in, localhost, 3306, root, <pass>(your password), logon, char, world. Now you will need to type a and press enter.

When i go to doubleclick on localhost, it gives me the error, I think I have an old password on mysql i never managed to clear out, and I can't understand how to reset the password via the instructions i've found at

# How do I Reset a MySQL Password?-Top Bits

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best to simple uninstall the SQL server, restart computer, and install a new one to be honest. Easier than following weird settings and stuff to figure out password.
    Also stop private messaging me for help every time you create a new thread or edit a post etc.
    Last edited by stoneharry; 01-15-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW, I merely wanted to let you know I had made an error on the first post, so its most certainly not 'every time'

anyways.

I had uninstalled mysql before, and reinstalled it, and it is having this issue now.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I should make note, your own sig instructs one to PM you here.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reinstalling the SQL server resets the password so how can you be having the incorect password issue now?

Also my sig says that my only form of communication is through X msn or to private message me on here. Communication means to talk or possible if you need help and it's very quick or there is nobody helping after a few days of emu questions, it does not say private message me on here every time you edit your post or reply to a thread, I will look in my own time, the same goes for when people PM me asking to look at a thread which they need help with, it's not going to make me go any faster, infact I will go slower since I will be delayed by having to open and read the PM. Also the every time part I was wrong, it's because several people have been doing it to me all day and I thought it was the same person.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for being annoying then, I had hit a roadblock and just want to get this thing working.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly reinstalling did not work=(

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok If I leave the PW line blank after reinstalling it, it does work, although his guide says to put the PW in at this point, on navicat. (after having left the mysql password blank) this is confusing.

Kiev's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DO NOT. Double post, let alone triple. There is a edit button right to the bottem right. USE IT.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry - OK so, I can't seem to setup a password with either MySQl or the Navicat, or it can't connect, but does connect otherwise, any suggestions?

Also, Having gone ahead for now without passwords, and set everything up as the guide says or worked through many troubleshoots, I am getting an access denied for user root@localhost (password: yes) (11001) type error when I run the world exe
    Last edited by Desiderium; 01-15-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Kiev's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the MySQL instance command setup to go through and eventually change the password, leave the "old password:" as "", so blank. Then set a password.

Then edit in your .conf files the password that you set for your MySQL server. I.E "ascent" or "puppies" or "lulz" or whatever you might use. Set that where it says "password" in the .conf files.