Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Area Change] Barrens before X3, Cataclysm (download)

The Barrens was once a thriving forest under the protection of the night elves and their kind. Several kaldorei settlements dotted the land, and there was no ocean for miles. Then came the Burning Legion and the Great Sundering, which shook ancient Kalimdor to the bedrock. This forested landscape transformed into a scorched plain and is battered now each day by the sun's rays. The Barrens is a sprawling and arid savanna that stretches between the Stonetalon Mountains to the west and Durotar to the east. The grasslands and mesas of Mulgore rise to the southwest, while the wetlands of Dustwallow Marsh lie to the southeast. (source: Barrens - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft)

As you may know the land was actually cursed after and you can eliminate the source by defeating the Druids of the Fang. Practically the zone should have healed itself long ago couse Wailing Caverns (the place where the corrupted druids reside) was frequented hundreds of times by low-level players.

Here's a slideshow: ImageShack(TM) slideshow

And here's the download link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I highly recommend that you also use my Durotar reskin with this one: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by Aryzar; 12-08-2009 at 09:41 AM.

[Area Change] Barrens before X3, Cataclysm (download)
    Trollblod's Avatar Elite drone
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, awesome, but I think the eastern barrens will be like "hell" and not as pretty as the western, just as from the trailer I never saw.

Ravenheart's Avatar Nevermore
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks very nice and very natural, good work i must say.. +Rep 3x from me, keep it up

Don't forget You're able to design your own universe.

~sInX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your lore is correct, however your actual area change far differs from the 'lush jungle' that the barrens once were. You've performed a reskin; which, if that, has results in highland plains; NOT a forest. See my Durotar world build / area change and try to revolve it around that. I've left those adts in a dormant folder for the past week or so, but will pick it up again if you're willing to put some genuine effort into this.

Good Luck.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're missing the 'evil' side of the zone.

Aryzar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm... OK:

First and Forth:
    Awesome, awesome, but I think the eastern barrens will be like "hell" and not as pretty as the western, just as from the trailer I never saw.
    You're missing the 'evil' side of the zone.
    Yes, The Barrens is going to be half barren half lush in the X3 but what i've done was a Barrens before being split by tectonic cataclysm, therefore its all lush as it should be now on live servers.

Second:
    It looks very nice and very natural, good work i must say.. 3x from me, keep it up
    Thanks mate but this is a very basic and fast reskin.

Third:
    Your lore is correct, however your actual area change far differs from the 'lush jungle' that the barrens once were. You've performed a reskin; which, if that, has results in highland plains; NOT a forest. See my Durotar world build / area change and try to revolve it around that. I've left those adts in a dormant folder for the past week or so, but will pick it up again if you're willing to put some genuine effort into this.

Good Luck.
    I made this primarily for those that play on live servers as I will probably use it myself. Therefore i tried to affect gameplay as little as possible in order not to make it illegal. Also, i dont think trees grow so fast but nvm saw that blizz added trees also in the X3. I will make another version for those that want a forest.

Aryzar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Images in the thread now displaying correctly.
    Uploaded reskin: Durotar, I strongly recommend also using this one when using Barrens reskin.

HiddenFear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it, though it looks more like Mulgore than a "lush jungle"

Should make it look more like STV in my opinion.