Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] MaNGOS 3.2.2a - Now in 3 Flavors!

Choose a flavor:
    SSSSW (fully automatic): 2shared, Filebeam, Mediafire, Rapidshare
    Noobpack (mostly automatic): 2shared, Filebeam, Mediafire, Rapidshare
    Classicpack (mostly manual): 2shared, Filebeam, Mediafire, Rapidshare

Notes:
    New repack, new rules. You now have 3 options to choose from, SSSSW (fully automatic) which is a wizard that does it all for you, Noobpack (mostly automatic) which is a rar archive containing all the files to get a server up in a couple minutes, and Classicpack (mostly manual) which is just the .exe's and .sql files. Pick whichever you feel most comfortable with.

SSSSW instructions:
    1) Run the setup program and follow the onscreen instructions.
    2) Click "MaNGOS" in the new folder in your start menu.
    3) Set realmlist to 127.0.0.1, run WoW and log in with username 3 password 3 (or 2/2, 1/1, 0/0 for different GM levels).

Noobpack instructions:
    1) Extract archive to to C:/Program Files/ World of Warcraft, or wherever you installed WoW.
    2) Run "extractor.bat", and follow the instructions. It will automatically move the folders it creates into the mangos folder (assuming you did step 1 right).
    3) Run starter.bat, set realmlist to 127.0.0.1, run WoW, and log in with username 3, password 3 (or 2/2, 1/1, 0/0 for different GM levels).

Classicpack instructions:
    1) Extract archive to to C:/Program Files/ World of Warcraft, or wherever you installed WoW.
    2) Open Sqlyog or navicat and import the files in the "sql" folder to the appropriate databases (you're expected to know how to do this if you chose Classicpack)
    3) Run "extractor.bat", and follow the instructions. It will automatically move the folders it creates into the mangos folder (assuming you did step 1 right).
    4) Open mangosd.conf and realmd.conf and change the MySQL username/password entries to the MySQL info you're using (files included use 'root'/'root').
    5) Run restarter.exe to start the server, set realmlist to 127.0.0.1, run WoW, and log in with username 3, password 3 (or 2/2, 1/1, 0/0 for different GM levels).

Common Tasks:
    Creating more accounts:
    With the server running, select the mangosd window and type "account create usernamehere passwordhere" to make a new account, "account set addon usernamehere 2" to enable WotLK, and "account set gmlevel usernamehere X" where X is 0, 1, 2 or 3, for gm.
    Connecting to the database (SSSSW and Noobpack only):
    Run a SQL client like SQLyog Community Edition and log in to localhost (127.0.0.1) with username 'root' and password 'root'. For more help connecting to the database, please watch this animated GIF.
    Changing the realm name:
    Open "realmlist" table in the "realmd" database and change the "name" cell to the desired realm name.
    Allowing others to connect to the server:
    Open "realmlist" table in the "realmd" database and change the "address" cell to your external IP, then, if applicable, forward ports 3724 and 8085 on your router and/or firewall.
    Completely and properly shutting down the server:
    First, right click the restarter (looks like a fish) icon in your system tray (where the clock is) and click exit. Now close out the mangosd and realmd windows by hitting the x button. Next, run "stopper.bat" in /World of Warcraft/mangos/.

Troubleshooting:
    "Cannot connect to database".
    Make sure MySQL is running without errors! The "is there another server running on port 3306" error means you have another copy of MySQL running already. You need to disable or uninstall it before running the included mysql server. To do this, press ctrl+alt+del and click task manager. Open the "Processes" tab and sort by "image name". Find the one that starts with "MySQL", click it, and click End Process. If there is no other MySQL server running, you're getting another error, so run the included "MySQL Debug", take a screenshot, and post it here.
    I can connect to and view the realmlist, but the realm says "offline" and I can't connect to it
    Check the restarter.exe and mangosd.exe windows. Make sure the server isn't crashing and just reopening itself every few seconds and that it has finished loading. If that doesn't fix the issue, run the included "Debug MaNGOS", take a screenshot, and post it here.
    Last edited by 711; 10-07-2009 at 08:07 PM.

[GUIDE] MaNGOS 3.2.2a - Now in 3 Flavors!
    project anthrax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mmowned guides section is dead as hell =/
    removed by Unholy

CronoSword's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I need to download and install MySQL for this to work?

CronoSword's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it to work but I want to use this:
    Oh also how can I use http://www.mmowned.com/forums/progra...mu-mangos.html because I want some Tier 9 xD.
    Last edited by CronoSword; 10-08-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Lonehwolf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to have mysql preinstalled for classic pack if I got what he was saying right. Ain't trying it myself, but does seem like a nice comprehensive guide.

Although for those who are looking for repacks, I think the best thing is to forget about MaNGOS and go with arcemu, since that's the core that has the most stuff ready and done for it from the get go. MaNGOS is more about self customization than anything else (Learning project, as they say )

Newstart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added an NPC in UC, it was Scarlet Commander Mograine. Well shortly after I added him the server crashed, and after bringing it up, I figured it brought the server back about 5 mins, well it brought me back 5 mins but it didn't auto fix the bug... How can I fix this manually MySQL or some other program with out making a new server/deal?

Coussss's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noob question, if I log into a Blz server with this in my wow dir could my accout get banned or anything ?

dunkman54358's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm could anyone please tell me how to add items, quests, npcs, etc..
    using wow-v.com and Heidisql...

I downloaded everything here... server works great! but i like customs and npcs that would teleport me from point a to b on my servers makes the game easier, the whole point of creating a private server right

dunkman54358's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Coussss View Post
    Noob question, if I log into a Blz server with this in my wow dir could my accout get banned or anything ?
    you might...

hosting or even playing on a private server not approved by Blizzard is highly illegal and easily bannable..

and i hear they can detect if u been messing with one of their files if u log on their servers with an unknown file

the reason y most ppl dont get banned or faced law suits for making private servers is blizzard doesnt have the time to fight them all (theres too many)

but when WoW first came out ppl tried making private server and blizz got everything they owned :yuck:

Shaftmilk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Nice guide, i've been looking for a decent 3.2.2 Mangos for a while now. I did everything correctly and started the server up, it worked fine. I reboot it a couple of times, then all of a sudden the mangosd.exe starts crashing repeatedly, with this being the reason;

2009-10-11 23:11:10 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46216 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:10 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46221 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:10 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46224 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:10 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46226 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:11 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46217 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:11 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46218 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:11 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46220 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:11 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46227 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:11:11 ERROR:WORLD: CMSG_ITEM_NAME_QUERY for item 46228 failed (item listed in Item.dbc but not exist in DB)
    2009-10-11 23:21:22 ERROR:Spell (ID: 5900 has effect EffectImplicitTargetA/EffectImplicitTargetB = TARGET_SCRIPT or TARGET_SCRIPT_COORDINATES, but does not have record in `spell_script_target`
    2009-10-11 23:21:48 ERROR:Spell (ID: 5900 has effect EffectImplicitTargetA/EffectImplicitTargetB = TARGET_SCRIPT or TARGET_SCRIPT_COORDINATES, but does not have record in `spell_script_target`
    2009-10-11 23:22:15 ERROR:Spell (ID: 5900 has effect EffectImplicitTargetA/EffectImplicitTargetB = TARGET_SCRIPT or TARGET_SCRIPT_COORDINATES, but does not have record in `spell_script_target`
    2009-10-11 23:25:13 ERROR:SPELL: unknown target coordinates for spell ID 6484
    2009-10-11 23:25:13 ERROR:Spell::EffectTeleportUnits - unknown Teleport coordinates for spell ID 6484
    2009-10-11 23:26:31 ERROR:SPELL: wrong map (1 instead 571) target coordinates for spell ID 444
    I've never really had this sort of problem before, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I doubt this will be it, but I gave a character some pieces of Tier 8 and every spell possible. This is the only unusual thing that happened so I can't think what else might of caused this.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Ratac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working Good! thanks!
    2012 is the end of all servers... :wink0:

Kaneiac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I execute the "Mangos.sql" file, it literally takes forever. (Talking about the last file, the fully manual one since I like customization).

I had it sit there for 17,000 seconds, and it was stuck on 13%.

I've NEVER had this problem before. :/

sharkerzz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide good job .

SK1PP3R88's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have same problem as Kaneiac, it always get stuck on 13% when executing Mangos.sql. Other SQL's are working fine.

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is that on my computer, SQLyog community edition (which the dump was made with) imports all 403 queries in the mangos.sql file in about 29 seconds. If you're using navicrap, I suggest trying SQLyog.

http://sqlyog.googlecode.com/files/SQLyog815.exe
    Last edited by 711; 10-20-2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: EDIT: 100get

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast