Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

[COLOR="Yellow"]World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

While the attention of the Horde and Alliance remained fixed upon Northrend, an ancient evil has been lying dormant within Deepholm, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane. Hidden away in a secluded sanctuary, the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing has waited, recovering from the wounds of his last battle against Azeroth, nursing his hatred for the inferior creatures that infest the surface realm...and biding his time until he can reforge the world in molten fire.

Soon, Deathwing the Destroyer will return to Azeroth, and his eruption from Deepholm will sunder the world, leaving a festering wound across the continents. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.

The face of Azeroth is altered forever as the destruction left in Deathwing's wake reshapes the land and reveals secrets long sealed away. Players will be able to re-experience familiar zones across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, rewrought by the cataclysm and filled with new opportunities for adventure.

Cataclysm Feature:

• Two New Playable Races: Adventure as one of two new races--the cursed worgen with the Alliance or the resourceful goblins with the Horde.

• Level Cap Increased to 85: Earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to improve characters.

• Classic Zones Remade: Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been altered forever and updated with new content, from the devastated Badlands to the broken Barrens, which has been sundered in two.

• New High-Level Zones: Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great Sunken City of Vashj'ir beneath the sea.

• More Raid Content than Ever Before: Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions of all encounters.

• New Race and Class Combinations: Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.

• Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.

• New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds: Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.

• Archaeology: Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.

• Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.

Players will start their adventures with the worgen in Gilneas, which was sealed off behind the Greymane Wall. Goblin players will start on the Isle of Kezan and then head to the Lost Isles in the South Seas before joining the mainland. Each starting experience will be presented in a fashion similar to the death knight starting area in Wrath of the Lich King, and these starting zones will make extensive use of our new phased-terrain technology. Players will level from 1 to 15 in both of these zones.

Nearly all of the game’s original zones are being altered to some degree, but the extent of the changes varies by zone. For example, Darkshore is flooded and has been completely redesigned with all new quest hubs. The Barrens have been split in two; one half is for low-level players and the other is for higher-level players. Azshara is now a low-level zone for Horde players and connects directly to Orgrimmar.

When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not--you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. However, certain features such as the new zones, new races, and new level cap will only be accessible to players who purchase the expansion.

Phasing will be used more extensively in Cataclysm. As phasing can now be used to change terrain, and various other environment aspects this will allow players to see the world change as they play. Players will see in the starting areas for the goblins and worgen changing terrain. There also will be some add UI improvements to help determine when another player is in a different “phase” from you.

System requirements will changes for Cataclysm as there are many new extensive rendering and changes to the graphics engine. An announcement will be made with the exact system requirements closer to the expansion’s release.
    Last edited by Hellgawd; 08-22-2009 at 01:48 AM.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    Vragoth's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First post! =) Thanks for the info

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit Blizzard has been lazy...

No new classes
    80-85
    No new content
    Just bringing out unreleased stuff they were gonna bring out anyway

dontblink438's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great post..i just wish blizzard wasnt adverting from the original wow and promises so much =/

LaAevie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tauren Paladin = Epic Fail
    Gnome Priest = Win

I still believe this leak is fake based upon old rumors that have been floating around and peoples wants for certain races to have other classes that aren't currently on there.

So I could see adding a Gnome healing class sure, possibly Blood Elf Warriors since that makes sense, but a Tauren Priest or Paladin? That doesn't even really work, did they look at the lore before coming up with that bit? I think not.

Worgen being a class it makes no sense, what is even stupider is Gilneas being the starting location for them. Worgen being being double form so you get to play as human and Worgen, personally I think someone just spent a little to much time in Shadowfang Keep... Gilneas is a 100% human kingdom who locked themselves off from the rest of the world, unless a big ass Worgen got in there and infected everyone or something it isn't possible( and that would be just retarded.) Goblins possibly, they are deeply put into the lore, but what faction? They aren't in one! They have never sided with anyone since they are mainly free-lance.

Azshara and what is going on with that is hard to go along with, but works.

Wait, Garrosh becoming Horde Leader? I know Garrosh is hardcore Anti-Alliance and all, but he is just Thrall's wingman and is around since he is already leader of his own group of Orc's which are part of the alliance, but remained under the leadership of Garrosh.

Well Flying in Azeroth that would be heaven in some ways, but hell in others. If they do revamp Pre-BC area's it would, but currently with all those undeveloped locations, they got about 10 area's that are on the map that they would need to built, else it's not gonna work.

Classic Dungeon Revamp, that would be great, but would they been making it for level 85? They have been really pushing people's ability to level, from increased experience per kill / quest, lowed requirements for mounts, and many other smaller things. Maybe raids be made level 85, and dungeons not be changed, just made spiffy and not so 2004 looking.

Personally, I believe this is all a load of shit at the moment since most of it doesn't follow the lore which World of Warcraft is really all about, but if it is the real deal I can assure you that you won't be seeing a Tauren Pally anytime in the future and if there is, /quitwow

RABLE RABLE RABLE
    Last edited by LaAevie; 08-15-2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: For got to put Rable Rable Rable
    <3

LFHP_95's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG I realy dont believe this... GNOME PRIEST!!!!

I don't know where you got this info, but Blizz should hire you as an advisor or shit if you made this.

Too bad they are changing everything.. i dont like changes =(

Well, we need to see Blizzcon to find out if this rumors are true, I just hope some of them like Worgen in Alliance are.

SeBe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it sounds cool. I'd rather not have the level cap raised any more though. Think they could do something else for progressions sake.

crazyelfjj's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like this at all!
    One step at a time...

Relzorz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow this is such a fake..

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW.com sucks, dunno why you even bother using it.. all they do is repost other site's stuff..

Anyways.. yeah, pretty badass.. but imo if you want to discuss it wouldn't the source of the post (MMO champ) be a better spot to talk about it? Lol..

[the Sills]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye right... Tauren Paladin!? :O facerolling cow?

Casperx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ****ing great expansion. I hope I can finally lvl my characters without it being boring, and still have something to do at max lvl. I think the expansion is near too, cause of all the info already.

ViND_'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that before you posted it and I can say... BULLSHIT.

Guys, none of this will ever happen. Just look at the classes, they all contradict the lore of their own race! How will Tauren use the Light? How will night elfs be mages when they ****ING HATE THEM, because it's their mages that caused the Sundering (seperating the continents and destroying most of the night elf land). Those that wanted to be mages became high elves and then the high elves became blood elves.

So, no.

Blood Elf Warrior cannot happen. As much as you think it can.

Lol Troll Druid? Lol Dwarf SHAMAN? Why don't they just make Tauren Rogues, or better yet, Gnome Druids and Shamans?

WTF?!

It's not true, whoever believes MMO Champ with their "RELIABLE SOURCES" should smash his head in the keyboard right NOW!

Tobblish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is going to be awesome!

blizzard is now after 2 shity expansions going back to Vanilla wow!
    upgrading everything to fit in the new lure.

and ppl going:

WTF undead hunter, troll druid!

WHY NOT?!

it's a new lure!

Everything will fit in, think it as WoW2.

btw, WoW.com got this from mmo-champ so your source is actually that to
    Last edited by Tobblish; 08-15-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Casperx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the lore for classes fits a bit @ jimei. I cba to look it all up on wowwiki, cause you didn't take the time either. But there are things like ,cultue, they teach eachother stuff. Dwarves have always been close to nature with their gryphons and such yada yada

Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast