0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section 8 - Review

Section 8 is an intense first-person shooter that gives players unprecedented strategic control over the battlefield, employing tactical assets and on-demand vehicle deliveries to dynamically alter the flow of combat. Set at the crossroads of a growing insurrection among its colonies, Earth dispatches the elite 8th Armored Infantry to turn the tide. If you've played Halo 3 or Crysis before, you will notice that the graphics and the gameplay will look slightly similar. However, the heads behind this game says that Section 8 will have alot diffrent features that Crysis and Halo didn't offer.

Game Name: Section 8
    Genre: First Person Shooter (FPS)
    Developed by: TimeGate Studios (TimeGate Studios - Game Development - Kohan, FEAR XP, Axis & Allies, FPS, MMO

PC - Xbox 360

On the war-torn planets of tomorrow, mankind's greatest battle is about to begin. With its frontier colonies devestated by a growing insurrection, called the Arm of Orion, Earth dispatches the elite 8th Armoured infantry (nicknamed "Section 8") to repel the coming onslaught.
    The nickname refers to a discharge from an old United States military regulation for reason of being mentally unfit for service. The near suicidal missions this division volunteers for brands them as insane by other military units.
    Section 8 deploys directly into battle from their orbital dropships, utilizing the most advanced arsenal of military hardware known to man. Their mission: to scout and secure difficult objectives, and smash the enemy defenses in lightning-quick assaults.

Section 8 Unofficial System Requirements:

• CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz Processor/Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (required for MP host)
    • GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 512MB (SM 3.0). NVidia 8600 GTS or ATI HD 2900 XT.
    • Ram: 1.5GB
    • Hard Drive: 12GB
    • DirectX: 9.0c
    • Sound: DX9.0c compliant

I didn't really like the sound of the weapons in this game. The environment sound was alright, could be better though. I think it'd be better if they had some space oriented combat music or some more fancy sounds. I know it's quite hard to find good sound composers nowadays, but I hope the sound will be better once they finish the retail product.

Personally, I love the graphics I use a 19" crt screen with Nvidia 9800 GTX+ and it looks quite awesome. However, for graphic fanatics I would suggest not using a crt screen for best possible outcome. In all honesty, I think this game will beat both Crysis and Halo 3 graphic wise.

I am sorry that I didn't manage to get as many screenshots as you might have hope for. This game isn't a retail product yet, as it's currently in the beta stage. I will give you more information and how to enter the beta futher below.

I must say that the gameplay is very impressive, this game offers both vehicles and deployables. Along with that, your character can use "Rocket Pack" and "Sprint" combine those together and you will be able to fly up on buildings you normaly wouldn't be able to get ontop, unless you would've combined those. "Dynamic Combat Missions" is something that they're still working on. For those who have played "Enemy Territory: Quakewars" before, I think the mission system for Section 8 will be somewhat similar.

As I mentioned earlier, this game is currently in the beta stages. The first phase of the beta stage is about to end. The second phase of the beta will open 10th august, this stage will only be open for europeans, and they're welcome to register here: Section8 - Eurobeta. I'm sorry if you are from US, but you have already had your chance if you were registered on filefront.
    Last edited by DeadlyMaker; 08-07-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Section 8 - Review
    Fluffymasterxxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh doesnt look to good.

obox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh look good.

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played the demo (xbox, not PC) and I love it, it's on preorder and should get here either Tuesday (Release date) or Wednesday.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend was playing this and it looked like a lot of fun. Nice review! +8

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Domino93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mhm nice SS's.

Mr. Clean's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasnt that fun, my friend let me borrow it and i only played it once and thats it. Funnest part is entering the battle, but past that its all blah.
    im on :stage1: