0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Perfect Letter (Wrap Scam)

Ok. The Wrapping Scam, We all know and most of us love it ^^.

Summary.

Wrapping a gift for someone, Most of the time saying its something wonderful. Its not. Hey presto, Moolah.

The Method.

For this version, We are going to make our 'friend' a letter, But its never gonna get there =P. This one is excellent if you find a guy with a name very similar to someone elses. You make a letter for the victim, Very friendly and nice about this amazing thing you've sent him, 9 times out of 10 it will work.

Right. The Juicy Bits ^^

This is an example of the letter you should write; (We'll use 'Bill' as our victim =))

"Hey Bill! - [Nice friendly intro]

How was the BWL run last night? - [Get friendly]

Oh well ^^ Heres the sword you wanted, Its a beast! 67-125 per hit! lol - [Right, Heres the trap. Your victim now wants the 'weapon' you've sent him]

Have a good day, Ill be on MSN later! - [Sharpish exit, So the victim doesnt wonder why you've gone offline]

BB,
    Dave"

Ok theres the letter. Dont flame the note, Make your own, Whatever, Its a base =P

Now, This guy wants this sword; But! You've CoD'd it. Do this for however much you want; If you do lots then chances are theyre not gonna bite. Around 5g is the norm.

Send 4 or 5. Logoff or go to an Alt.

Come back on next morning, And in the mail; Your winnings!

Heres how to avoid trouble.

Mr GM says "Ooooohhh You done bad!"

You simply reply something like "It wasnt meant for him! I made it for my friend, We play around like that... If he would have done the honest thing and sent it back then it wouldnt have happened."

-Case Closed-

They cant do anything to you because its theft of you or your imaginary friends gift ^^

Well, There it is; Use it well my padawan =P

Id appreciate Rep but hell, Give it to who you want! =)

The Perfect Letter (Wrap Scam)
    x_jonnyb.good_x's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a good idea its like you built off of the gift wrapper of doom and made it even doomier! Great job +rep

Cloud's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all, it is never good to ask for rep.

second of all, this seems like too much work for such a little amount of money.
    third of all, the person receiving the letter would have to be a complete numbnut to pay 5g to his "freind" who is for some reason charging him for this sword, making the letter suspicious. because the letter is suspicious, he would be dumb not to check the name extra carefully.

fourth of all, how would you find out that his freind has msn? or even that this dude knows his friends msn name? you would also need to know that he did bwl last night.

fifth of all, you would need to buy a sword, which may even end up being OVER 5g. even if it was under 5g, you hardly made a profit, and/or the sword you bought just straight out sucks, therefore he would not want it in the first place.

If he is running bwl, i hope he would have a better sword worth more than 5g, otherwise he shouldnt be in bwl at all

im sorry it just wouldnt work out that well =/ but thanks for the share

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude, you dont get it, u "say" u went on that thing with your friend, who "coincidently" has a close name to the guy your sending the scam to. You really dont have a friend u played wiht last night, okay, u say so its part of the scam. U buy like a blacksmith's hammer and wrap it in gift wrap so they cant see what it really is, theres also something called giftwrapper of doom and its like that but better. If you dont get it ask again and someone else might help

jo3l's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, The idea is that you dpnt know anything about the guy you scam or you imaginary friend. Its to make it look legit and as if your not randomnly asking people for money, which we are.

Its not a lot of work at all. Make one good letter, Ctrl C it post it to 10 or so people, Whatever; Jobs a goodun.

Azor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U could just say to ur victim that you will give him the sword if he gives u (ex:5g) (tell him that he owes u some cash 5g in this case).

colm
    This scam ownz and u probably wont get banned for thats what I think neway +1 rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by colm
    This scam ownz and u probably wont get banned for thats what I think neway +1 rep
    true you probably wont get banned but make an alt to be ur friend if the gm gets smart and asks what is name is

Happy Scamming

jo3l's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id say its almost impossible to get banned for this;

Just use the tip I added at the end of the letter ^^

colm
    Yeah thanks this is the first scam that has worked for me (Ive tried like every scam in the forum and noone fools for them especially the one where u pretend ur their guild member and want to borrow gold) I sent 6 of these gifts wrapped up blacksmith hammers. with the COD 5 gold logged back in 3 hours layer and in my mail 2 people had replied with gold so i had 10g . What I did was typed in "/who 60" then picked a char name that sounded like a real life name (there was one guy called alcx as his char name so I sent the mail starting "Hey, Alex!!!" because its very similar

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol alcx thats good nice scam this is awesome howw people keep building off of one scam XD

Cloud's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still dont see how this could work.. ever, but you seem to love it so ill let you have your fun

tws's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah I think anything like this is bannable...it's stupid, but true.

colm
    omg I think ive just been permanently banned it says "account closed" on my account management I only made 15 gold altogether

bassman's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesnt mean your banned it means your account time ran out . You just have to pay more thats what happened to me. Just go type ur credit card number in again to renew it and walla your back to playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast