0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compiling Spurious Emulator

Ok, so I heard that there was an old emulator back in business so I had to check it out. First of all the website is brand new considering I am the 11th user to register. So without further ado, here is my second tutorial installment on AC Web. As there are no tutorials I can find of how to compile this emulator I am assuming that I am the first.

UPDATES:
    June 06 - Added gm ranks for plevel field in database
    June 06 - Added WoW version support information
    June 06 - Corrected information regarding map/dbc extractor thanks to WOWAdict

What you need:
    -World of Warcraft Client 3.0.9
    -MySQL server | download here
    -SQL Client | Download Heidi SQL Download SQLyog Download Navicat
    -Tortoise SVN | Download here
    -Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 | Download here

Downloading Supurious Source
    -Install SVN Client
    -Create a new folder in C drive named "Supurious"
    -Right click on the folder
    -Click on "SVN Checkout"
    -In the new window type this into the "URL of repository" field:
    Code:
    http://svn.assembla.com/svn/Spurious
    -Wait a few minutes, after it is finished click ok

Compiling Supurious
    -Navigate to your Supurious folder
    -Locate the "trunk" folder
    -Locate the "server" folder
    -Double click "Spurious.sln", Visual Basic 2008 should open up.
    -Find the drop down box at the top that says "Debug" or "Release". Change the drop down box to "release" if it isn't already.
    -Click "Build" in the menu and select "Build Solution"
    -If you get any errors, click "Build" in the menu and select "Clean Solution", then restart the compile, warning messages are normal and will not affect the outcome of the build.

Configuring Maps, DBCs, and Config Files
    -Go into your Supurious source folder, then navigate to Supurious\trunk\tools\extractor, double click on "VC90_ad.vcproj" and build it the same way you built the core.
    -Place the "ad.exe" application in your World of Warcraft folder NOTE: ARCEMU MAPS WILL NOT WORK WITH SPURIOUS (Spurious map files are cell based like Mangos)
    -Run it and wait for it to finish (can take a while)
    -The extractor will extract both maps and dbc files, the maps will be under a maps directory and the DBC files under a dbc directory NOTE: If you run the extractor on VISTA you have to use "Run as Administrator".
    -Move the two new folders (dbc and maps) from your World of Warcraft directory into your MaNGOS core folder
    - Go to Supurious\Required\ and copy "crc", "scripts", "interface", "stats", "VoiceServer.ini", "WorldCluster.ini", "WorldServer1.ini", "WorldServer2.ini", "WorldServer.ini", and "RealmServer.ini". Navigate to Supurious\trunk\ServerFiles and paste these files in that location.

Installing MySQL Server
    -Run the setup file
    -Choose "Typical" setup when asked
    -When the installation is finished, you're going to be asked if you want to configure the server; make sure that's checked off

Configuring the MySQL server
    -Choose "Standard Configuration" when asked
    -Check off "Install as Windows Service" and "Launch MySQL Server Automatically" when asked (the name of the service should be "MySQL")
    -Choose "Modify Security Settings" when asked
    -Type in a password, make sure it's one you will remember (Note: Default server password is supurious, use that if you are not putting your server online for other players)
    -If you plan on having a registration page on another machine, or plan on being able to access the database from another machine other than the one the databases are hosted on, check off "Enable Root Access from Remote Machines"

Setting up the Database
    -There should be something like "New Connection" button at the top of the connection window somewhere
    -Name the connection anything you like
    -Fill out the fields as indicated below:
    MySQL Host Address: This is "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" for playing single player or LAN; if you want to put your server online, put this as the IP or DNS of the server that MaNGOS is being hosted on.
    Username: Type in "root".
    Password: This is the password you set up when you installed the MySQL Community Server.
    Database(s): Leave this blank for now.
    -Click "Connect"

Adding Databases
    -In most database clients you should be able to go to File->New Database or something along the lines, find where you can add new databases and make one database named "supurious"
    -Navigate to Supurious\database\ and click on "spurious_world.sql", your database client should open. Make sure the Supurious database is selected and execute the query. Do this for both sql files.

Configuring Supurious
    -Go into Supurious\trunk\ServerFiles
    -Open all files that have the file extension ".ini"
    -Locate any fields that have:
    Code:
    <SQLPass>supurious</SQLPass>
    -Change the word in red to the password you used to set up your MySQL server

Setting up your client for use with your server
    -Go into the folder where you installed WoW
    -Go into your "data" folder
    -Go into your locale folder (it's going to be named something like "enUS", "enGB", "frFR", "deDE", etc.)
    -Open realmlist.wtf in Notepad and change the contents to the following:

Code:
    set realmlist [server IP]
    set patchlist [server IP]
    Running your server
    -Go into Supurious\trunk\ServerFiles
    -Run these files in order
    Code:
    1. Supurious.RealmServer.exe
    2. Supurious.WorldCluster.exe
    3. Supurious.WorldServer.exe
    -Everything should work fine unless you did something wrong, in that case...everything you need to fix it is stated above. Otherwise, post in the support section.

Creating Accounts Without a Registration Page
    -Go into your database "Supurious" using your sql client, then click on the "accounts" table. Change account, password, and expansion. There is no documentation for the ids used for setting up expansions but I believe it is 0 for classic, 1 for tbc, and 2 for wotlk. Otherwise, it would be setup the same way as Ascent.

Changing GM levels
    -You can change this under the plevel field in the Supurious database. IDs for this is as follows:

Code:
    1 - Player
    2 - GM
    3 - Super-GM
    4 - Admin
    5 - Developer
    That is all, I hope this helped at least someone. If anyone finds this guide hard to follow or lacking explanation, please tell me. Also, I am aware of the typos in the post concerning the name of the emulator, please don't be a grammar cop. If anyone wishes to join me on Spurious my username is Delivery. Good Day

Compiling Spurious Emulator
    alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What patch does this support?
    Death to all but Metal.

BadLT06's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it supports 3.0.9

EDIT: Site is down at this time...preventing people from posting site errors

Vindicated's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurious is about to undergo some major renovations and we will get current patch support and some other things. AI and some other parts of the core need to be rewritten (death system, ect ect) so we will do that. We are also in the process of adding support for the UDB database for Spurious (Since NCDB is dead).

A few of the developers, including myself, have shown renoun interest in advancing the core into an active one, but it will take a month or two. So for now just hang out!

Btw nice guide +Rep x2

[pwn]age's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice and when will the website be back up

W@WAdict's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [pwn]age View Post
    nice and when will the website be back up
    The website is back up now.

Also the svn for the source and the database have been moved to the spurious website.

Source SVN = http://www.spuriousemu.com/svn/repos

Database SVN = http://www.spuriousemu.com/svn/spuriousdb

Later.

W@WAdict.