0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iam not any high dps with my mage

atm, when iam in hc or raid, iam not doing any high dps, my dps lay around 1300-1500 atm

my profile is
    HTML Code:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Doomhunter
    can anyone help me?

iam not any high dps with my mage
    ad1das's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to change your spec to arcane / frost or someting I dont have a mage but you should look the build from someone on your realm or google it. But im100 % sure your build is not good

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would say that spec wise you are using the wrong spec, you dont have enough Hit Rating for deepfire and not enough mana for Arcane(not sure bout this one) Maybe you should go Frostfire bolt build.
    Looking at your gear.... WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUR ENCHANTS?
    HEAD
    SHOULDER
    CHEST
    LEGS
    WEAPON

they are all lacking enchants.... bad, very bad.
    your belt doesnt have a gem either... bad

Fix that and your HIT then you should be getting quite a lot more DPS, the specs i might be wrong, but fix the rest - ask remah bout that maybe.
    Also get some glyphs that actually benefit your DPS instead of invisibility and crap.

Upgrade ur enchants (missing enchants), sort your socket in belt, get your professions up so you actually benefit from it, talents??

911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oki KuRIoS.
    dont have any g atm
    used most of them, on thoose enchants i have now and enternal belt bucket.
    i agree on talent spec, maybe i need to respec that also, so i get frostfire instead
    Last edited by 911; 05-25-2009 at 06:33 AM.

ynoorb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking as someone who plays frostfire spec and regularly tops the dps in raids I'd totally recommend it too. Here is a link to my spec Frostfire

Ideally you really want to try increase your spell power and hit quite a lot but also to play frostfire your gonna need to look for decent crit too (Hot Streak ftw ^^). Try get ahold of the Rod of the Fallen Monarch from Heroic Azjul-Nerub last boss. Also Sandals of Crimson Fury are amazing boots if you can get your rep to exalted with the wyrmrest accord.

Hope this helps but if you need any further help just ask and I'll see what I can remember from my gearing up etc .

911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ynoorb View Post
    Speaking as someone who plays frostfire spec and regularly tops the dps in raids I'd totally recommend it too. Here is a link to my spec Frostfire

Ideally you really want to try increase your spell power and hit quite a lot but also to play frostfire your gonna need to look for decent crit too (Hot Streak ftw ^^). Try get ahold of the Rod of the Fallen Monarch from Heroic Azjul-Nerub last boss. Also Sandals of Crimson Fury are amazing boots if you can get your rep to exalted with the wyrmrest accord.

Hope this helps but if you need any further help just ask and I'll see what I can remember from my gearing up etc .
    everytime i find a group for AN, they never made it into AN, actaully, the groups are splitting up, iam so unlucky...
    thanks for the tip about Wyrmrest, i will buy the tabard and start to get some rep to them.

stangcobra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i play a boomkin but my guild's top dps is an arc mage so i know a lil about them
    you need more mana, more hit, a little crit
    and what you wanna be doing is going 9sp8hit gems till hit cap then straight 19sp
    UNLESS you are finding you need more crit or haste in which case go 9/8
    all gems except sp need to be 9/8, gemming 16 hit or 16 crit is worthless since you are overstacking one stat (except for sp which can never be overstacked)

Nattsvart's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should farm for head / shoulder / leg enchant

Read this thread about FFB:
    World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Everything you ever wanted to know about FFB.

---

You could try to go for the Arcane pewpew spec but i higly doubt that your gear is good enough.

Here you have a gear guide / rotation guide made by Kyth @ StaftFu, ArcaneMage - StratFu

---

And you shouldnt have any problems finding groups to HC's, there is always a need for fuudZ and sheeps !
    Last edited by Nattsvart; 05-26-2009 at 04:38 PM.

911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will look into it soon
    atm iam trying out a new class, i havent played before and so far,its pretty interresting the class

madoushi21's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel helpful so here goes

Firstly it depends on your raid composition/what you're raiding on your spec/gear choices imo.

Arcane(57/3/11)

Gear : Spell hit(till capped)>Spell power>Haste>Crit

Are you doing farm content?(Naxx and such)Your kills should be pretty quick,patch kills of under 2 50 at least or so,then you should spec arcane.

You'll be getting 6% hit from talents,and should be getting 3% from either a Boomkin or spriest in your raid,and another 1% from dranei.So you'll have 10% hit without gear...

You'll need 7% hit from your gear,which is around 200(Can't recall completely).
    Gem straight spell power usually,but use your own judgment for some of the yellow socket bonuses.Your meta gem ALWAYS has to be the 21crit strike 3%crit dmg gem....for all specs.Enchant your gear.

GLYPHS : Arcane blast,Molten Armor,Arcane missiles.

Rotation : Arcane blast x3,Arcane missiles if missile barrage procs and use it only on 3rd arcane blasts,and arcane barrage to cancel arcane blast x3debuff.

FFB
    0/53/18

Gear : Spell Hit ( Till capped) > Spellpower > Crit > Haste

You only get 3% hit from talents,so need 10% from gear.
    Should have about 50% or so crit when raid buffed+debuffs on boss.

Glyphs : Frostfire,living bomb,molten armor.

Rotation : Living bomb(Keep it up always),Frostfire bolt,use a pyroblast when Hotstreak procs and only use it right after a frostfire bolt.

Fire/Arc
    18/53/0

Gear : Spell hit (Till capped) > Spell power > Haste > Crit

Glyphs : Fireball,Molten armor,Living Bomb

Rotation : Same thing as above except replace FFB with Fireball.

This is the TOP dps spec for Mages at the moment,but it's also hardest to gear for...you get no hit from talents,you'll need to get 14% from gear while maintaining a good amount of spell power/crit/haste.

In my opinion:

Arcane is the hardest to play to its potential,but is the best for raids you have on farm/fights that are short or need a ton of burst.Least amount of gear needed(6%hit from talents.)

FFB is extremely easy to play and isn't that bad because its very mana efficient compared to the other specs,decent for longer fights and isn't too hard to gear for..also hope for lucky crit chains

Fire/Arcane is also easy and is the top dps spec but it's more mana consuming that FFB and the hardest to gear for since you get no hit from talents,and you might have to manage your threat(Invis)

I stopped playing/reading up on my class about a month ago,so if anything changed please correct me someone.

Good luck,sorry I somewhat rushed this and am not used to giving much detail explanations.

exanatos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just take your time and read some theory crafting and you'll find much usefull information about spell rotation, bis items and much more

here's a nice site that has helped me a lot atleast elitistjerks.com/f75/
    Hope it helps

Brahulus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy the spec of a mage in a top endgame guild like vodka or ensidia, get enchants, and develop an effective spell rotation.
    Xfire= pirateflavor
    AIM= Squidzokka

Abstract -nk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enchants, try them.

iRagequit

wordboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others have said, get a good spec and figure out what kind of stats you want first to become more effective i.e. spell hit.

Endron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply read This post