0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammer Accusation

I believe that there needs to be a section where u can give evidence against people, that have scammed you. I was scammed by someone on mmowned, a donator, and since i didn't have proof of the incident starting on mmowned (Only way that he could get banned), i couldn't get him banned. But i believe that there should be a section where mmowned members can give each other a heads up and even if the person doesn't get banned because of implications (as listed above). Other websites like markee have this, and i believe that MMOwned need this.

Scammer Accusation
    Mr Barbeque's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iliwau View Post
    I believe that there needs to be a section where u can give evidence against people, that have scammed you. I was scammed by someone on mmowned, a donator, and since i didn't have proof of the incident starting on mmowned (Only way that he could get banned), i couldn't get him banned. But i believe that there should be a section where mmowned members can give each other a heads up and even if the person doesn't get banned because of implications (as listed above). Other websites like markee have this, and i believe that MMOwned need this.
    I belive that this is needed aswell, ive been scammed several times by members that are still on the site since i did not have enough proof against them. Would be great if it would be possible to give pepole a heads up atleast so that they will be careful when dealing with that member.

Skadi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh ...
    We have a section called WoW Scams.
    I think its incredibly stupid to have a WoW Scamming Section and a WoW Scammer Accusation Section, all in the same website.

Who gives a hell if you get scammed by another member. If you scam yourself, then you shouldn't expect to not get scammed.

I do understand that not all MMOwned members are scammers but I'm just saying. Would look stupid

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    Uh ...
    We have a section called WoW Scams.
    I think its incredibly stupid to have a WoW Scamming Section and a WoW Scammer Accusation Section, all in the same website.

Who gives a hell if you get scammed by another member. If you scam yourself, then you shouldn't expect to not get scammed.

I do understand that not all MMOwned members are scammers but I'm just saying. Would look stupid
    Not even a quarter of the website even looks at the scamming section.

This would be an addition to the trade section ( Whether or not we want to move towards a more trade-friendly website is up to the admins ) and would have nothing to do with the scam section.

Scammer, model editors, emulator experts, even leechers, we are all a big community and shouldn't pull fast ones on eachother. Respect is something huge on this website and scamming a member should not ( and isn't ) tollerated.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Darkfall169's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more inclined to agree with Skadi, it's not necessarily that you're deliberately trying to "pull a fast one" on any of the other members,
    just generally whoever is the victim of your blanket emails or trade scam.

My scams are so broad that I have no idea who I'm targeting, it's not even close to a question of respect.
    Besides, I think you might be forgetting exactly why we have a scamming section - 'We do not condone scamming, this section is meant
    for people to read about scamming so they can prevent being scammed themselves.'
    Last edited by Darkfall169; 05-25-2009 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Formatting

DaemonOnFire's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds a bit paradox... to have a scamming section AND a scamming accuse section...
    I think if you are member of some hack board, you have to care for your own security.
    The same thing here.

What is if someone tries to scam ppl by the accusing section? etc... etc...

majinbuu1023's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shit man, was that me for posting your phisher, sorry to whoever i posted phisher :O

wow4Supplier's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a very good idea.
    I have been scammed by some MMOwned members,and I had proof about it,so in 1 case,i got what was promised to me.

But still,there are people that owe me things here,and I think this section is a good idea.

ad1das's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is needed for sure I have also been scammed by a mmowned member

-Scooby-'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea but i think all threads in that section would needa dmin approval, because anyone could decide to just smear someones name because they dont like them, there must be some sort of proof provided I.E chatlogs or such.

The point about the scam section and then having this section was one of only a donor could think up, if you had worked hard to get to conritbutor/elite/lengendary, you would understand that you dont want people in the community in which you spend time in to go out of there way by scamming you, i think if you got TCG scammed by an MMOwned member thats entirely your fault because tbh you should take notice to things if you think you maybe vulnerable.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uhm what would this section help if u dont have any evidence anyways?
    If you trade outside of trade section then its not any of our business. We could make a "This mmowned member punched me last night in the nightclub" section too then.

Skadi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scammer, model editors, emulator experts, even leechers, we are all a big community and shouldn't pull fast ones on eachother. Respect is something huge on this website and scamming a member should not ( and isn't ) tollerated.
    What if the scammer didn't even know the victim was a Mmowned member?
    Might as well have the victim put on a huge sign on his head that says "IM FROM MMOWNED".

I could understand returning something if you found out you scammed a MMowned member, but you can't just ban an Mmowned member or load heavy accusations on them just because they scammed you.

ad1das's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um we are talking about trades from the trade section right?

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    We could make a "This mmowned member punched me last night in the nightclub" section too then.
    I think this is a brilliant idea. No idea why it hasn't been suggested yet. Oh wait...

On a serious note, MMOwned was never meant to be a trading website.

I believe having that kind of section would affect MMowned in a bad way by creating much more drama than there already is. Real accusations or just hints of scamming another MMOwned member, just bring it to KuR.

As for whoever said "what if he didn't know he was from MMOwned" then it doesn't matter to the mods. It'd be like asking a GM to 3 day ban your friend because he kicked you in the nuts at lunch time.

TL;DR - If you trade on MMowned, make sure to plan to have evidences even if you think it'll go smoothly. If you don't trade on MMOwned, there's nothing we can do about it.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post

TL;DR - If you trade on MMowned, make sure to plan to have evidences even if you think it'll go smoothly. If you don't trade on MMOwned, there's nothing we can do about it.
    If you trade on MMOwned do it in tradesection only, otherwise there is no reason to waste our time with it if ur scammed, or at least my time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast