Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BWL Nefarion Guide

P H A S E - I

After talking to Nefarian, Drakonids spawn from two entrances in the room. For each instance id two brood afflictions are randomly chosen for them. Each entrance spawns one type. The Drakonids will continue to spawn until 42 of them have been killed. Then Nefarian lands --> Phase II.

Nefarius himself runs around the room during this phase, casts shadowbolts and sheeps players.

P H A S E - I I

Nefarian (bid dragon) lands.

Nefarian Shouts

Nefarian tries to fuck each class to maximum effect, this is what will happen:

Priests - Must not heal, otherwise the target will get a stacking debuff with each heal that lands (lasts 20-30 seconds)
    Druids - Stuck in catform
    Rogues - Will be ported to Nefarian and cannot move
    Mages - Random polymorph of other raidmembers into giraffs/cows/etc. (Ice block can counter this, also LoS)
    Warrior - Stuck in Berserker Stance
    Warlocks - Spawning infernals
    Hunters - Ranged weapon in use will break (unequip before each class call)
    Paladins - Nefarian becomes immune to melee damage
    Shaman - Hostile totems

Apparently these happen one at a time... remotely similar to Bloodlord Mandokir's "I'm watching you"

Bellowing Roar Simple AoE fear. Can be countered by Fear Ward and Berserker Rage. LoS check.

Tail Whip Stuns briefly.

Cleave Frontal physical AoE (not yet exactly sure about its AoE angle, seems to be somewhere between 90 and 120°)

-75% healing curse Dispellable -75% healing curse on the current aggro-holder. Has to be dispelled

P H A S E - I I I

At 20% Nefarian resurrects the previously killed drakonids as undead.

PHASE I

We split raid into two independent teams. They are camping one spawn point each. Rogues and Warriors of each team stand right in the gate to the cave where the Drakonids spawn. Via /assist they focus all damage on one after another and kill them as fast as they spawn. The warriors in the teams will mainly use cleave/retaliation/sweeping strike/whirlwind whenever available to get as much aggro on them as possible. Mages/Warlocks keep the are under constandt blizzard/fire rain. No more than 4 drakonids should be alive at one time. Those who get shadowbolted by Nefarian during this phase have to be healed quickly. Usually Nefarius pesters the team at the spawn point near the room entrance.

(we usually have 3 warriors on each side)

(in case of red drakonids warlock AoE has no effect on them, so we have mages in one team, warlocks in the other)

PHASE II

3 Priests and 3 Druids together with MT1 (fearwarded) go grab Nefarian and position him correctly while the rest of the raid kills the remaining Drakonids (spawns stop when Nefarian lands)

From here on its a straight forward fight. Every now and then a AoE fear and a class shout.

Warlock: as soon as the infernals spawn they have to be killed ASAP to prevent them from going rogue on casters.

Priests: the moment the shout goes off, all priests have to immediately cancel their channeled heal, sit there and do nothing until the debuff wears out. If a heal lands, the targetted player gets a stacking DoT DoT each time a heal lands. Renew and shield can still be cast.

Druid: the druid shout doesnt do anything bad to druids, they are just stuck in cat. However this naturally takes away a lot of healing.

At all times, especially just before a fear, the MT should have a full set of HoTs on him to bridge the heal-less time.

Last but not least the rogue shout: This one just ports the rogues in front of Nefarian in a stun lock. If they get hit by Nefarian's Shadowflame or a couple of cleaves they die. To counter this, Nefarian is always positioned at an angle (see illustration) and in case of a rogue call immediately turned to the alternate position.

Last but not least nefarian casts a -70% healing curse on the MT. Has to be dispelled immediately (druids job).

Mages: Since the mage class call can mess up the tanking and healing quite severely if not dispelled asap, we keep mages in a position without LoS to the MT and Healers (see illustration)

PHASE III

The Drakonids we killed before rise back to life in the exact spot they were killed before. At 22% all mages and warlocks get in position near the spawn points to kill off the bone constructs immediately with AoE. A hunter sets up a frost trap in the middle of the bone pile on each side to slow the initial movement of the spawns.

Mages keep the spawns in nova-lock (using a limited invulnerability potions to get away). Ideally the mobs are all locked down until they are dead. As soon as the first mobs are immobilized Fire Rains and Blizzards are used to kill.

Once the main packs are dead, the spawns that managed to escape are killed and the fight resusmes as normal for the last 20%

BWL Nefarion Guide