0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling Entities from memory

Can someone please help me exactly on how WAR's entity system works. I've been reading source code (sadly it's poorly written and hideous) and trying to find out what I can, but every time it seems like I've got it I'm right back where I was.

So if you could give me an example and help me out a little, it would be amazing.

Pulling Entities from memory
    suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay; So I think I've figured it out.

but im not sure..

EDIT: Nope, it b0rked. I don't know what changed, but it just stopped working :[
    Last edited by suicidity; 01-16-2009 at 12:38 AM.

voglster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You figure this out? I have a couple links and source from some other people walking through entities. The object structures have changed a little, so its kinda tough to do it through CE but im getting there.

Pickled's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (sadly it's poorly written and hideous)
    I'm suddenly infused with a desire to help you!

But I guess it *was* poorly written since I slapped that together in quick fashion. Sorry it's not high level "dummyproof" enough for you to understand.

If you want advice from the guy who provided you with core the components your bot runs on, don't hesistate to slam him publically!

If you don't understand this message, your are referring to the "entity + teleporter + radar + "dummy tools to locate your offsets" system which I figured out originally and provided to you free.

I guess I could now go on to produce hideous and badly written vb code from your bot, but i'll refrain from that
    Last edited by Pickled; 01-26-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry pickled; I actually reference it quite a bit.

I've got the entities working actually; and quite far into my bot (new one, check http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-me...ml#post1339920 on; Been posting most of my progress there). But if you wouldn't mind actually adding me to MSN @ [email protected] .. even though the WARradar is kind of ugly to look at.

The whole VB thing is just to prove that It can be done without fault over something of C#. And Don't take the Hideous comment too seriously, I'm just very oriented.. ; WARgremlin though was just a compilation of stuff put together for public consumption.
    Last edited by suicidity; 01-26-2009 at 12:56 AM.

netvortex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pickled View Post
    I'm suddenly infused with a desire to help you!

But I guess it *was* poorly written since I slapped that together in quick fashion. Sorry it's not high level "dummyproof" enough for you to understand.

If you want advice from the guy who provided you with core the components your bot runs on, don't hesistate to slam him publically!

If you don't understand this message, your are referring to the "entity + teleporter + radar + "dummy tools to locate your offsets" system which I figured out originally and provided to you free.

I guess I could now go on to produce hideous and badly written vb code from your bot, but i'll refrain from that
    You know where you get more respect for your work

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't disrespecting him; In-fact the source that I was looking as was a modified Raptor's that I got.

So that was more of an assumption on his part; The opinion of the notations made by someone else and opinions of readability I believe are a bit far from dis-respect.

raptor06's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very funny, I've got the same feeling as Pickled!

For your info, the one you get from my sources was a copy/paste of the Pickled's one with a little bit more code to retrieve the name of the entities.

Now, I have a more elaborate class using structure like C++ to walk through all the entities and capable of retrieving the name accurately and even more.

But sadly, I don't want to hurt you again with so many hideoous code you cannot understand.

But in respect to your skill and artistic eye, you should not have any problems to fiddle with the fucntion that retrieve entity names thanks to the function signature provided by Pickled in this thread http://www.mmowned.com/forums/warham...ce-code-7.html

Good luck!

netvortex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hilarious to see where the mmo scene is these days. Pickled made it very easy in his source to understand the pointer structure of the entities, there was even a huge comment on how it works with details like offsets etc...

The other guy is just some looser who can't code and in order to not feel completly like an idiot he bashes on decent code... C# sucks yeah but code was pretty decent, even Patr7ck said so and he is one of our best coders...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys should look at yourself. You're making assumptions like crazy and putting yourselves on pedestals..

modified Raptor's that I got.
    So that was more of an assumption on his part
    Wait, let me quote that a couple more times..

You guys flaming and spamming contains absolutely no value and you're just putting yourself down. You're getting pissed about something that didn't happen and you're blowing it out of proportion.

Not only that, you respect you're flaming about and demanding; You're not giving back.

You look childish, just quit posting about it; As I've stated I have had this done since one of the Original posts. I'm sorry I don't go strolling my threads to update people. Now really..

raptor06's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Netvortex, did you contribute in any way to this forum? So continue to do what you do the best here, I mean leech!

Suicidity, the will to give your time to this forum is much to your credit but it seems to me you were very clumsy in your attempt to get information.

The code is what it is; some people have put time in it and if you dislike it don’t use it!

For my part, it was the first time I used C# and I was only curious how it’s possible to do a program like that in a managed application. Going into the code, I added functionalities and wanted to share with other members of this forum.

Now I am maintaining the tool only for my needs because of some comments like yours.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really. I think it's the first time you've use a forum too; Learn how to read..

Until then, go figure out how to read and reply intelligently to posts. Acting like a 12 year old and talking like one gets you no where.

raptor06's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You discredited the work of other people but you don't want to admit it!

(sadly it's poorly written and hideous)
    So temper your language next time and stop being childish!

For my part this topic is closed, add what you want!

babramski's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --------------deleted
    Last edited by babramski; 01-29-2009 at 10:21 AM.

babramski's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --------------deleted
    Last edited by babramski; 01-29-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast