Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How To] Make a Wotlk Private server][Easy Guide]

Downloading what you need.

First you are going to need to download these...

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...ready-use.html - CREDIT TO THE MAKER NOT ME.

.NET frameworks Download details: .NET Framework 3.5

MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Downloads

You can get Navicat or SQLyog up to you im gonna do a guide for both.
    Navicat - Download the World's Best Oracle Manager, MySQL Front End & PostgreSQL GUI for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X - Download Now! Support Access to MySQL, Excel to MySQL, MySQL editor, MySQL administrator, MySQL frontend, MySQL manager, phpmyadmin,

Download - SQLyog MySQL Frontend, MONyog MySQL Monitoring Tool

Setting up the MySQL

Run it, click Next, Make sure "Reconfigure Instance" is selected, click next, Then make sure "Standard Configuration" is selected, click next, Make sure "Install windows service is selected and "Service Name" is "MySQL", click next, make a password and make sure you remember it is very important later, click next, then "Execute", Then "Finish". Job Done

Starting the Repack

Go to your pack and find ad.exe once you have got that copy and paste it to your WoW folder normally at "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" and paste the "ad.exe" in there and make a folder called Maps and double click "ad.exe" and this will take about 20-30 minutes maybe.

Once it is done go to your WoW folder "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" and find the "Maps" folder and copy and paste it to your pack.

You also might have do a VMaps as well you do the same but use the vmapextractor and call the folder VMaps or it will go into a diffrent folder caled buildings then you might have a vmap sorting tool.

Now for NaviCat

Install it, open it up and click "connection" at the top, "Connection Name" what ever you want, "Host Name/Ip Address" must stay as "localhost" and leave the port number alone and root if need be and use the password you used for MySQL then click "OK".

Now in your pack you may have some think called "World" and "Logon" make sure you know where they are they are normally notepad format, go onto Navicat and double click "Logon" so it is green and then right click "Logon" and go to "Execute Batch File" and go find the "logon" notepad format and double click it, then click start and watch it go do the same for "World" (world takes about 5-10mins)

For SQLyog

Open up SQLyog, at the top click "New" make the "Connection Name" what you want, leave the "MySQL Host Address" as localhost, username should be "root", use the password you used for your MySQL, then click connect.

Now in your pack you may have some think called "World" and "Logon" make sure you know where they are they are normally notepad format, and then right click "Logon" and go to "Restore From SQL Dump" and go find the "logon" notepad format and double click it, then click for it to start and watch it go do the same for "World" (world takes about 5-10mins)

Doing the Config files

Go to your pack and find a folder called "configs" and open it up and you will see a few notepad format things, first go on "Logon".

Code:
    <LogonDatabase Hostname = "localhost" - Leave this alone
                   Username = "root"  - leave this alone
                   Password = "cream" - Here put the password you put for your MySQL 
                   Name     = "logon" - I always put Logon
                   Port     = "3306"
                   Type     = "1">
    Code:
    <Listen Host = "127.0.0.1"  -  Change it so it looks like this.
            ISHost = "0.0.0.0"
            RealmListPort = "3724"
            ServerPort = "8093">
    Code:
    <LogonServer RemotePassword = "cream"  -  I use my MySQL password
                 AllowedIPs = "127.0.0.1/32"
                 AllowedModIPs = "127.0.0.1/32">
    Okay save that file and close it and open up "realms"

Code:
    <LogonServer Address = "127.0.0.1"  -  Change to this
    	Port = "8093"
    	Name = "Default Logon"
    	RealmCount = "1">
    Code:
    <Realm1 Name = "Test Realm"  -  Change your realm name
    	Address = "Revolt WoW" 
    	Icon = "PVP"
    	Population = "1.0"
    	TimeZone = "1">
    Okay save and open "world"

Code:
    <WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost (leave this as localhost)" Username = "root (leave this as root)" Password = "cream (use the password you used for your MySQL)" Name = "world" (Use the same name as you did for the logon config)" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
    <CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost (leave this as localhost)" Username = "root (leave this as root)" Password = "cream (same password as MySQL)" Name = "logon (use the same name as you did in the Logon config)" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
    Now in your pack there should be some think called logon and world they are .exe's click them both unless you have one called server starter if you do open that first then Logon and World and if all goes well it will load up adn it will all be good

Make sure you go to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB" and in there is a file called realmlist you need to right click it and change the format to notepad, open it and put this in "set realmlist 127.0.0.1" save and close. (You might want to make a note of what was in there before)

Making accounts with SQLyog

First Open up SQLyog connect, go to "Logon" and then go to "Tables", then accounts when you have clicked accounts, look to the side you have a tool bar in the middle of your screen click "Table Data" and you can see made accounts and you can make accounts, to make one where it says {NULL} just put the information int here.

Making accounts with Navicat

Open up Navicat, double click "Logon" so it is green then go to "Tables" and double click "accounts" and another window will open there showing accounts already made.

Im really sorry for no pictures!!
    This is my first guide
    If your having problems please let me know

Sorry spelling is bad and might have missed some bits or got them wrong, forgive me just bin at college all day im tired xD

I hope this helps out.

THANK YOU FOR READING
    Last edited by Bunster; 01-12-2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Info change

[How To] Make a Wotlk Private server][Easy Guide]
    Bunster's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have any problems or just want to ask any questions i am normally always on here :P

Sabrecp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeye tried it out really good, easy guide to follow aswel, thx alot for the help

Envoke's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everytime I start the world.exe it starts up and either starts running and then closes, or give me a error, or says its out of memory. Whats the problem?

yunlek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nathan803029 View Post
    Everytime I start the world.exe it starts up and either starts running and then closes, or give me a error, or says its out of memory. Whats the problem?
    im thinkin u dont have enough RAM or not enough hard drive space

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nathan803029 View Post
    Ye sounds like not enough RAM, have a look and reply back how much you got, i had this problem once ages ago but now i have 4GB RAM

BlackEagle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1,5 GB is the minimum to run your own server. 2 GB or more is recommended.

robinelitenn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .NET frameworks Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 do not work for my why :/?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wespinator View Post
    1,5 GB is the minimum to run your own server. 2 GB or more is recommended.
    Try another repack then mate, on that link there are a few, try to get th emost up to date pack. If still wont work let me know.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by robinelitenn View Post
    .NET frameworks Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 do not work for my why :/?
    The site or installing it?

mordeen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No quest givers?

Originally Posted by Bunster View Post
    If you have any problems or just want to ask any questions i am normally always on here :P
    I followed this and one other guide, and finally got a private server up using a repack so I could learn how to play WoW. I created a blood elf, logged in, but for the life of me can't find any quest givers. Is there something I missed?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mordeen View Post
    I followed this and one other guide, and finally got a private server up using a repack so I could learn how to play WoW. I created a blood elf, logged in, but for the life of me can't find any quest givers. Is there something I missed?
    Sounds like a repack issue, which one did you get?

mordeen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, turns out it was a combination of a cheesy repack, and the lack of knowledge that I had to run a maps extractor. Thanks for answering tho. Now I just to figure out what table (and entries) relate to level restrictions on gear.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mordeen View Post
    Yeah, turns out it was a combination of a cheesy repack, and the lack of knowledge that I had to run a maps extractor. Thanks for answering tho. Now I just to figure out what table (and entries) relate to level restrictions on gear.
    Good to hear you got it working, Good Luck