0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: World at War is a First-Person Shooter game that focuses on the World War II and its brutality and graphic scenes.

When I heard that they were making another Call of Duty, I was instantly on the forums and looking around for a release date. Call of Duty: World at War and World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King were easily the biggest games I got in 2008.

Multiplayer mode is also included with World at War, and is a blast to play.

Game: Call of Duty: World at War
    Genre: First-person Shooter
    Developer(s): Treyarch, Certain Affinity, n-Space (Nintendo DS), Rebellion (PS2)

Microsoft Windows
    Nintendo DS
    PlayStation 2
    PlayStation 3
    Wii
    Xbox 360

Call of Duty: World at War is focused on the brutal battles of World War ||, in the Pacific and Eastern Europe involving many countries (Germany, the United States, Japanese, and the Soviet Union) You are a Marine Raider (Pvt. Miller) and a Soviet Soldier (Pvt. Pretenko) and battle through many historical and fictional battles, including the Battle of Berlin and the Makin Island Raid

Minimum

• Operating System: Windows XP / Vista
    • Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz, AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    • Memory: 512MB RAM (1GB for Vista)
    • Video Card: 256MB RAM and Shader Model 3.0 support
      • nVidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT

• Disk Space: 8GB
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended
    Not specified (couldn't find)

World at War doesn't have the best graphics, but I still think that it should get a pretty good rating for them. The mission-starting introductions are amazing, with intense real-life battle scenes from WWII.

The in-game people graphics, however, are not as good. They are a bit choppy, though the blood and limbless features are great. The player's faces are choppy, and the guns are a bit colorless.

The buildings and objects you encounter in the game are flawless, though. The buildings are beautiful and the trees and grass is interact-able (try setting it on fire )

The sound and audio in Call of Duty: World at War isn't the best. There aren't many good songs or music played in the levels. After you finish a level or area, there is usually a triumphant-type of music that plays and you get your next mission, which is always rewarding to hear and know you've done something good.

The voices in World at War are amazing. Every voice is unique, and they are easy-to-hear and very disicive. The Russians actually sound like Russians, and the Germans sound like Germans.

The guns and flamethrowers and all the other weapons in the game are excellent, too. Flamethrowers sound like you are actually burning up the people and things around you, and there are crackling noises and all that. When you shoot, you can hear the shells hitting the ground and (sort of) the bullets flying and hitting your target. The loudest probably being when you first start shooting and your gun first opens up.

Solo & Cooperate
    The main goal of the Solo and Co-Op missions of Call of Duty: World at War is to finally defeat the Nazi's, and bring peace back to the world. You play as two characters: Private Petrenko, a Soviet Soldier, and Private Miller, a Marine Raider. Both of them are relied on by their Sergeants and friends to help them in their times of need.

You go through many different settings, some with Tanks and others with a sniper rifle. As you progress along the level and game, different guns are opened up to you, and you can pick them up from any German that drops them.

Multiplayer
    On Multiplayer, your main goal is to just shoot the enemy team, get as many points as you can, and get the highest Ranking you possibly can. The ranking system is similar to that of World at War's brother, Modern Warfare.

There is a nice finale mission after you
    beat the game - edited by obama for spoilers.

Call of Duty: World at War has to be in the Top 5 of my all-time favorite games, ranking next to it's brother, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and the all-known World of Warcraft. This game is a masterpiece, and I hope the creators plan to make a Call of Duty 6.

I hope you enjoyed the review,
    Blackboy0
    Last edited by Obama; 01-22-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Call of Duty: World at War