2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross-Team Hearthstone

To use this exploit you must have access/help from the other faction. This exploit will let you set your hearthstone recall location to anywhere in the gameworld (except instances).

1. Your other-faction friend pulls on of your factions Innkeepers to the location you wish to be bound in. For anyone not familiar with how you do this, you keep casting a spell/ability on the innkeeper preventing them from running away, but not killing them. Most classes have a skill/ability that works, such as a non-damaging curse, gouge, concussive shot, faerie fire, etc.

2. When you and your friend and the Innkeeper are at the location you wish to be bound, your friend stops attacking the innkeeper but continues to run away.

3. This causes the Innkeeper to enter retreat mode, where he would normally run away. However, because he is so far away from his origin point, he instead goes into "evade" mode and stands in one spot for 10 seconds, before the server resets his position back to the inn.

4. During this "evade" mode time, you can talk to the innkeeper and bind yourself to that location. After the innkeeper disappears, when you use your hearthstone, you will appear right there, not at the inn.

You could use this exploit to bind yourself anywhere. Molten Core entrance, Felwood, in the middle of the ocean, whatever.

I just recalled to the middle of the barrens.

Also, yes, it can be relatively hard to pull an innkeeper. That's what makes it tricky.

Some places you can use this exploit:

1. You can set your bind point outside your favorite grinding area/farming instance for when you are waiting for BG's. You queue up, you hearthstone, and you grind/farm. When the BG pops, you enter it. When the BG ends, most likely you can hearthstone again right back to your grinding spot. Saves you all the traveling time.

2. You can set your bindpoint to towns that don't have innkeepers, like in Azshara or Un'Goro crater. That way you can still fly out of them, but don't have to fly in to them every time (like from Silithus or Tanaris).

3. You can set your hearthstone to places you guild raids constantly, like MC. That way you don't have to travel there each night to raid, you simply log on and recall.

4. If you're a mage, druid, or shaman, you can set your recall place to your current grinding/questing area, then use your self-town portal spells to actually sell/camp.

5. You could set your bind location to behind a locked door to an instance you don't have the key to. Not very practical, except for shocking your friends when you show up at the locked door and hearthstone to the other side. And probably get yourself banned.

6. If this exploit still functions when Burning Crusade is released, you could bind yourself anywhere there, I'm sure there would be a few great spots.

So yea. It's not extremely profitable or anything, but it sure is a neat exploit. Discovered this on 2/4 by the way, while I was busy trying to discover exploits. I was pulling dragons/devilsaurs/etc into lowbie towns, and I thought to myself... hrmm... if I pull an innkeeper, could my alt bind his self at the new location? Sure enough, yep.

Updated information:

A nice place to use this tactic is to pull an innkeeper to the Stranglethorn Arena. Then, you queue up for all 3 Battlegrounds, and use your hearthstone a few minutes before the STV chest spawns. You can then immediately recall to the arena, loot (or die trying) the chest, and then automatically get teleported back to the city when you get in a BG and /afk out.

Secondly, occasionally an Innkeeper will continue moving after they exit combat with the character pulling them. They keep running and get "stuck" and cannot talk/interact with anyone until resetting by the server. To avoid this, simply have the Innkeeper kill the person pulling them. That keeps them in place and they do not move after exiting combat. This has worked for me every time, where as not having the person die usually resulted in a 50/50% chance.

In almost every town, all the guards and innkeepers run at 100% player speed. What this means is any class that has some way to run faster or area-effect snare can pull an innkeeper out of town.

For instance, a Hunter can peg the Innkeeper with Distracting Shot 1, and then outrun him and the guards. The Hunter once again shoots the Innkeeper with Distracting Shot 1, causing him to still pursue the Hunter. Because the guards also chasing him have not engaged in combat, they run back to town. The Hunter is now pulling the innkeeper by himself, and can kite him where ever he wants, as long as he doesn't kill him, which he won't, because he's not hitting him, just using distracting shot.

A druid could do the same thing with feral form faerie fire. It doesn't do damage, and the Druid is still outrunning everyone.

A mage could probably do this with blink. A warlock with curses of exhaustion. A warrior with shouts (and could tank him all the way there as well).

Secondly, you need to cross-team to do this, or at least go to war with a goblin innkeeper and pull him yourself. If players join in, you either kill them, or try again when they aren't around. One time I pulled an Innkeeper across 5 zones only to have someone kill him because they thought I was in trouble and trying to run away.

Cross-Team Hearthstone
  2. Thanks eSko (1 members gave Thanks to Matt for this useful post)
    Fakeskuh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice exploit im now heartstoned at the water elementel island in stv

Shaljin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very awesome glitch , IMO. I think I'll have too use this , very often. One thing though , this is very bannable isn't it?

WarriorPwner's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is so cool... i wonder if you can be horde and set your hearth to SW or some alli town
    LFG pure pwnage PST

Zentek's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys just bumped 3 month's old post :P

keniz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway thx for the bump , i tought i scrolled thru all threads but didnt found this... any1 great one yey yo HS at elf MC porting guy

Huchan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cross-Team Hearthstone

lol! I did this. My Hearthstone is now set at Blackrock Mountain for MC and crap :P.

bassman's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that can take awhile to do depending on where you want to bind to, but can also save you a lot of time later on in the game.

Lyvan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't this patched? :O

donkey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont get it its to hard to understand make it simpeler

ifnspifn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This no longer works in 1.12.

I just tried it, and you cannot talk to the innkeeper in evademode.

bloodofwar's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talk to it b4 evade mode i've done in 1.12

Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email