0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: loading instances/maps

alrighty, as I was browsing Emulator server questions, I noticed a common question:
    "None of the instances are working in WOTLK, how can I get them working?"

Well, this is certainly not a repack related problem, as it is not core, the problem can be fixed by editing the "world" database in your SQL client (I use Navicat).

So, open up your SQL client go into the "world" database and look for the table named "worldmap_info." Create a new entry. Here is the time consuming portion, however, you may skip this part of the guide if the map ID is already known to you.

You will need to re-extract the map files from the WoW folder with AD (if you dont already know how to do this, there are many guides on how to do so).

RECORD THE MAP NUMBER OF THE INSTANCE YOU WANT TO LOAD. Now for example, say Nexus was broken. I want to extract the maps until I see "Extracting map XXX -Nexus." The XXX in red will be replaced with a number obviously. lets say it is 888. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A RANDOM NUMBER, IT IS NOT THE MAP ID of NEXUS.

After you have found the ID, you need to go into the "worldmap_info" table, which we should already have open and (in the new entry) type this in each column (commas represent a new column):
    XXX (Map ID),

XXX (Map ID),

2 (0= continent, 1= raid, 2=instance,3=BattleGround 4=Instance group [ I.E. the slave pens, the
    underbog and the serpenstines cavern are all grouped in one central location) put 2 for this,

Max player limit (I will make this 5),

Min Level (I will make this 75),

Repop-X= this is where your corpse will appear on the X axis if the server restarts in the instance or, if you die

Repop-Y= this is where your corpse will appear on the Y axis if the server restarts in the instance or, if you die

Repop-Z= this is where your corpse will appear on the Z axis if the server restarts in the instance or, if you die
    you can get these Coordinates if you type .GPS in game as a GM.

repopentry= the map ID of the continent your corpse will be located when you die or if the server restarts while ou are still in the instance, in this case it will be 571, which is Northrens map ID

Name= Name the instance

flags= 3

cooldown= normally 7200

lvl mod a= I have no idea what this does, so leave it at 0

required quest= ID of a requred quest

required item= the ID of an item that is needed

Heroic_key_id1= the ID of a heroic key

Heroic_key_id2= if there is a second heroic key you MAY (not need) user then type its ID number here

viewing distance= leave this at 80

required checkpoint= 0

press the chech at the bottom of the table and close it, next hit F5. Restart your server and have fun! You can then spawn NPCs and enemies to make it blizzlike or custom! PM me for any problems youu encounter.
    Last edited by jinktreek; 12-21-2008 at 09:35 PM.

RE: loading instances/maps
    Mango Jerry's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please make some "spaces" between.
    Its to messed up to read.