Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emulation Interview

Introduction.

This article is all about Emulation. Several Emulation Experts were interviewed with questions chosen by the community and me.

These people have earned the "Emulation Expert" tag because they know what to do when it comes to Private servers.

WoW Emulation is basically starting your own World Of Warcraft server . You can develop your own quests , NPC's , items and more using Ascent,Mangos etc,..

Emulation is a well known section of MMOwned and that's why I decided to interview the experts of the section.

-Inf

[BREAK= 2dgreengiant]

Infusion

Hello 2d , First of all Thanks for letting me interview you

2dgreengiant

No problem

Infusion

Let's start then ,

What is the profit potential for those that run popular emulators?

2dgreengiant

Quite alot if you know what your doing, done some primary research to find out what players want. Also if you have good developer staff who can maintain the server and fix stuff and a godo GM support team to help players in need.

Infusion

What's the emulator you use mostly at the moment?

2dgreengiant

Would have to be AspireCore since i know Spidey and his mates and what they can do, plus its very stable and starting to spuuort the latest patch.

Infusion

There has been allot of ups and downs for emulation since Burlex stopped to work on Ascent for the public, could you give a short explanation on what happened, and how and why everything turned out to be today?

2dgreengiant

Greedy leeching community bout sums it up.

Infusion

Also, what is it with emulation that keeps you interested?

2dgreengiant

Well i do like SQL database work alot and i hope to get some job involved with it however i do like the was that ascent works to emulate wow.

Infusion

Why not model editing or something else?

2dgreengiant

Looked at model editing a few times and thought nah cba to much work

Infusion

Would you say that MMOwned is a good place for emulation?

2dgreengiant

Yes it is however there are not as many talented people who are truley good at emulation as in know alot of C++, not saying other sites have this as well but there are some people who just need that extra push to become great.

Infusion

If it was up to you, would MMOwned be different? (Emulation forums-wise)

2dgreengiant

Not really, last staff meeting we got the releases, questions and request sections added and they have proved out very well.

Infusion

How long are you in this business now?

2dgreengiant

Almost 2 years

Infusion

Do you have any experience with emulating other games, perhaps even portable products such as a GameBoy?

2dgreengiant

advance/sp and ds, also PS2 and Xbox original.

Infusion

How do you stop exploiters and hackers from ruining the server gameplay?

2dgreengiant

Ban them, create new anti-hacking methods.

Infusion

How come all the Emu lackeys cause so much drama over the emulators? Why can't they just allow people to work together in order to create better projects that're more fun, instead of being skiddies and DDoS'ing eachother's sites, and whipping out the low orbit ion cannon at every chance they get?

2dgreengiant

As said before greedy leeching community.

Infusion

What do you think the next large advancement will be in the Emu community?

2dgreengiant

Northrend's instances scripted.

Infusion

What is your favorite type of server (I.E) insta 1-70 (or 80) fun server blizz like, pvp,ect.

2dgreengiant

Mid-rate so like 1 mob is level 2/3/4 so its not hard to level but not easy. I do like raiding tho

Infusion

How did you start your EMU "career"? Everyone starts from someplace, describe what you did back in the days before becoming an EMU Expert.

2dgreengiant

Some wowemu work started off, then mangos database work and it built up to antrix then ascent.

Infusion

What do you think , does a person have to know to be an EMU Expert ?

2dgreengiant

How to make a server in like 5 mins, how to compile both a dataabse and server core. Able to find out what caused a crash of a server. How to do manual SQL querys for things like server database maintenance.

Infusion

Do you have your own server at the moment ?

2dgreengiant

Yes, currently we have a gread development team who have managed to get wotlk latest patch working and failry stable and are introducing new features that combines emulation with mdoel editing .

Infusion

This would be the end of our interview , any last words ?

2dgreengiant

Awesome.

[BREAK= Latruwski]

Infusion

Hello Latruwski , First of all Thanks for letting me interview you

Let's start then ,

Latruwski

First of all there shouldn't be any profit from it if you are talking about money. People develop those emulators for free in their spare time and other people just download a repack and start a server to ask donations ><
    People shouldn't ask for donations for stuff that someone else made... Free-to-do-donations are not my problem, if you have a server that you develop on your own and you need better server hardware for the players you could open donations for a while. But some people just care about the money and those people should get a life

Infusion

Latruwski

Ascent, no not arcemu or aspire or whatever that is ripped off ascent... People say ascent is dead, well it is not We are still working together with some of the ascent developers and still working on ascent.

Infusion

There has been allot of ups and downs for emulation since Burlex stopped to work on Ascent for the public, could you give a short explanation on what happened, and how and why everything turned out to be today?

Latruwski

Since burlex left, some other geek (not mentioning name) was trying to take over ascent... but he couldn't, so he tryed to rip it appart and that worked partially. Then someone 'restarted' the project and called it his own emulator that is totally not ascent and i say LOL to that. It is a copy of ascent (exacly the same code) just with some extra addons like a optional config file. Anyhow i don't hate the person for that, if he only would admit it is ascent he added some blingbling to... It is good that his team keeps developing a private emulator based of ascent for those who loved ascent. It is not becuz people with 'big names' or 'big air' say that an emulator is dead that he is, keep that in mind Same happened to kobold... everyone thought it was dead but it was underground! Check it now... i hope it will be the best emulator again soon.

Infusion

Latruwski

Ahwell i guess the development of blizzard and making that with a 1000x smaller team and almost as good as they do. Working hardcore on wotlk now and when you see the result it is always nice.
    I just love to make something and then actually see it working in-game.

Infusion

Latruwski

Bah i hate ME and i don't play funservers (sometimes i would develop something for funservers but never play it ^^)
    I just love blizzlike play... ME and funservers is for people who got bored of the normal play or who think leveling is too slow or something...
    But for me there is nothing fun about funservers, you play it for a few days... get max level and max of everything and ubernice gear and then you get bored...
    ME i did in the past a bit... for a funserver but i wouldn't know how to do it anymore or atleast not good. Like i said, i just wnt it as blizzlike as possible

Infusion

Latruwski

Well it has good support and releases... i would say yes it is a good place for emulation. But people need to realize that half of the content of mmowned is on the emulator boards also. But people are just too lazy to surf to that board to check it out or to find something they are searching for So MMOwned is a good place for emulation but for the details people should visit emulator homepages, database homepages and scripting homepages every once in a while.

Infusion

Latruwski

Hmm if you asked me in the past i would say yes... But i am former emulator expert leader and we changed the subforum lay-out already ^^
    I would say it looks good as it is now

Infusion

Latruwski

Erm good question! Since early times of WoWemu... i worked on a funserver back then.

Infusion

Do you have any experience with emulating other games, perhaps even portable products such as a GameBoy?

Latruwski

Well some games i have experience with, but developing an emulator for a other game i have no experience with!

Infusion

Latruwski

Exploiters, warn them, do a charlock and eventually ban them if needed.
    Hackers instant ban.
    If they keep coming back just keep them account/char banning, eventually they will get bored and gtfo

Infusion

How come all the Emu lackeys cause so much drama over the emulators? Why can't they just allow people to work together in order to create better projects that're more fun, instead of being skiddies and DDoS'ing eachother's sites, and whipping out the low orbit ion cannon at every chance they get?

Latruwski

Hmm simple... is there any business where there is not competition? Competition gets the best and the worst out of people... the best is, they keep developing harder and harder to improve the emulator wich is good... on the other hand they attack eachother sometimes. That is life...

Infusion

Latruwski

Improving the system, making it possible to host larger amount of players with no lagg. Also to make it lagg-free when 500 people are in the same area for pvp for example.
    Anyhow there are some things you expect to bring big change but they not always bring change... WOTLK could bring a big change to emulation, you never know untill the result is there.

Infusion

What is your favorite type of server (I.E) insta 1-70 (or 80) fun server blizz like, pvp,ect.

Latruwski

Blizzlike pvp server

Infusion

How did you start your EMU "career"? Everyone starts from someplace, describe what you did back in the days before becoming an EMU Expert?

Latruwski

Theh i kept ****ing with databases till i eventually had a nice result... While i was doing more and more with DBs i understood more and more about it and now DB is easy. For scripting i just tried to write my own script by taking a script that is ready for use and write one myself by comparing with the complete one. Errors are the least of problems, mostly it is plain english, but people are too lazy to try to find out. I did the effort and now i understand scripting also.
    For the core, i didn't do much except some modifications like making it possible to have itemIDs bigger then 200k or startinglevel etc... but now i am studying application development and after my studies i hope to be able to fully develop together with out team

Infusion

Latruwski

He does atleast have to understand some of the core, where to find and modify the most important stuff.
    He has to know SQL
    He has to have some LUA experience
    He should be able to compile his own source and run his own emulators.
    Too much people rely on repacks, repacks are nice stuff for lan parties or something, but you can NEVER rely on a repack!

Infusion

Latruwski

Nope i work on the server "The Lowland Realms" together with Aceindy, Gorm, Iceman, Bartus, ... some big names in emulation development. It is fun and i still learn a lot.

Infusion

Latruwski

Don't think emulation is that hard, i was a complete zero at emulation when i started and eventually i have been emu expert leader. If you want to learn it, it is not too hard!

[BREAK= Pwntzyou]

Infusion

Hello Pwntzyou , let's start the interview shall we ?

Pwntzyou

Sure

Infusion

Pwntzyou

If you are talking about people that run popular servers, the profit potential can be in the thousands via donations.

If you are talking about the programmers making cores, they gain valuable experience on advanced C++ coding and the possibility to make a kick ass emulator for wow

Infusion

Pwntzyou

Before Wotlk came out, I was using Aspire

Infusion

Pwntzyou

When 2.4 came out, wowscape had an emulator supporting the patch. The community blamed burlex on keeping the emulator for himself, selling it, ect. They pretty much bad mouthed him, and he stopped working for the community, and I do not blame him.

Infusion

Pwntzyou

The fact that I can completely re-wire the game with C++ to create scripts most people can never immagine being possible

Infusion

Pwntzyou

Other player's can't see model editing.

Infusion

Pwntzyou

I believe it is a good knowlege base, and that it is deffinately a good place for people starting out in emulation to come for help.

Infusion

Pwntzyou

I feel that the forums are just fine as of now

Infusion

Pwntzyou

For about a year now.

Infusion

Pwntzyou

Minor experience with Lineage 2 emulation

Infusion

Pwntzyou

I removed all of the "exploit" items, and was working on a movement packet check to prevent speed / fly hacking. Still currently working on this.

Infusion

Pwntzyou

Because there are alot of doughe bags on the internet, and everyone wants their server to be #1, most of the time because they want to take all of their servers donations for themselves

Infusion

Pwntzyou

A working lake wintergrasp =]

Infusion

Pwntzyou

I was always a fan of making instant 70 half pvp half pve servers

Infusion

How did you start your EMU "career"? Everyone starts from someplace, describe what you did back in the days before becoming an EMU Expert.

Pwntzyou

I started after seeing videos on youtube about it, thought it looked cool so i threw my own server together. Before emulation, i played lots of retail.

Infusion

Pwntzyou

Personnaly, I think a person needs to know everything about the core they are using, from SQL to advanced C++

Infusion

Pwntzyou

I am not currently working for a server at the moment

Infusion

Ok thanks for the interview

Pwntzyou

No problem.

[BREAK= Hellgawd]

Infusion

Hello Hellgawd , First of all Thanks for letting me interview you

Let's start then ,

Infusion

Hellgawd

The profit potential is extraordinary for any server willing to put out the proper amounts of effort to ensure a good playing experience. However, just using a standard emulator isn't enough, many successful servers go above and beyond and add their own custom edits into their emulators to stay unique.
    At the moment, I find myself using ArcEmu. Although for the longest time I was an 'Anti-Arc' supporter, mainly supporting everything EXCEPT ArcEmu, since the Wrath of the Lich King release I have personally found ArcEmu to not only be the most CONSISTANT emulator, but one of the leading contenders for the 'Best WOTLK'.

Infusion

Hellgawd

Ascent was the greatest revolution of MMORPG (Mainly WoW) emulators - it represented a crowd of developers that broke away from the rest, and made an exceptional emulator (Originally known as Antrix.)
    Ascent was the greatest emulator. Burlex, on the other hand, was the absolute worst project manager. Sure, he had people leeching this and doing this and that - but that is something you need to deal with. I have had my own (successful and others unsuccessful) projects, and I have to deal with what Burlex dealt with all the time - there is no need to act so rashly like he did.
    At the current point of time, I think that the Emulation World is need of another revolution in Emulator development. There have been alot of 'wanna-be's, but no one has actually pulled through.

Infusion

Hellgawd

I love Emulation because I find it to be the easiest way to display my creativity in an environment that is one of my favourites- the World of Warcraft.

Infusion

Hellgawd

I have never been a fan of artistic-creation; rather, I am best at the design and conceptual creations, but Emulation allows me to effortlessly (at least for me) bring my radical ideas into life with lines of code and database entries.

Infusion

Hellgawd

Personally, MMOwned is one of the leading places to go to for everything Emulation-wise. Although we are mostly 'Ascent-System-Based', MANGoS users can find a home here as well. Another thing is that MMOwned is (for the most part) unbiased - whereas the other Emulation Websites always choose a side, and they don't have as wide of a support team available, nor incentives for contributing new and exciting works - namely, Reputation.

Infusion

Hellgawd

Everything that I wanted changed in the Emulation forum section was done in a recent MMOwned Update when they rearranged the Emu Forums and added the new ones. There is another change or two I am planning on suggesting in the future, but I do not wish to share that with you right now.

Infusion

Hellgawd

Well over two years now.

Infusion

Hellgawd

Never before, World of Warcraft Emulation was my first experience into anything of this sort. Before that, my only computer life was (playing) World of Warcraft, and coding basic HTML-based websites. Not only has Emulation gotten me to learn SQL, C++, GameMonkey, and LUA - it has also inspired me to increase my other areas of coding, and I am now a fluent PHP, Silverlight, and Visual Basic coder. I have also taken up Photoshopping lately.

Infusion

Hellgawd

This is one of my pet peeves - and sometimes I get so outraged about it here on the forums, i have recieved many infractions. XD
    However, the prevention all depends on the type of exploit / hack being used, and the skill of the user. There are some people out there that are (almost) impossible to prevent.

Infusion

Hellgawd

How come the World is round?

Infusion

Hellgawd

I think that the next big advancement will be the revolutionary emulator that finally ends this roller coaster ride we are currently existing in. At the minute, there is only one contender for this 'role', but I don't think they will pull through either.

Infusion

Hellgawd

I used to like some of those awesomly-customized funservers, but recently I have withdrawn into completely custom servers - namely, where I pretty much rewrite the WoW lore into my own liking.

Infusion

Hellgawd

My very first experience was when I googled 'Free World of Warcraft' hoping to find some way of getting wow for free; I ran out of gamecards at the time and had no funding. I found out how to join a private server, and joined one - it was a FANTASTIC 2x rates Blizzlike server FULL OF BUGS and only had 4 players. However, it was the most memorable private server I have ever been on. (Besides WL's...)

Infusion

Hellgawd

A person needs to know everything related around Emulators to become part of the Emulation Expert team here at MMOwned - and need to get in cozy with 2dgreengiant and Gastricpenguin.

Infusion

Hellgawd

Yes, indeed I do. I am currently in a high-scale development project with Greed, BrantX, Dragonshadow, Mirage, and other 'famous' MMOwned members. More information about this fantastic server will hit MMOwned soon!

Infusion

Hellgawd

Thank you very much for taking the time to interview me, Infusion. I highly appreciate it.

[BREAK= Interview with Heroicwow's admin]

The following interview will be with an admin from the server HeroicWoW. Now I have been on it myself and while it is still in developement it looks like it has much potential.

Infusion

Hello Greed.

Greed

Hello Infusion

Infusion

So tell us a bit about Heroicwow.

Greed

Its a world of warcraft private server, with staff members from MMOwned, like 2dgreengiant and Hellgawd. Its a server that will hopefuly change the private servers today, and truely redifine them.

Infusion

What's the backgroundstory behind HeroicWoW ?

Greed

Well Here is Arthas, and he invaded Azeroth, the horde and alliance still bitter enemies were easily destroyed cause they fought each other, along with the scourge. Having it be their last way of hope the alliance and the horde fled to the dark portal in hopes to gather their armies there for a final battle, but Arthas was faster and closed the dark portal.

So, only way to go is to northrend where rumors of a "army" was gathering against Arthas, on their way there Arthas sends sea monsters and scourge boats to stop them and only a few make it, but those who do are greeted by "The Golden Army" (whose leader is still unknown at this point), and The Golden Army makes horde and alliance both friendly, as long as it is intact

Thats about all i can release right now until beta is about done

Infusion

Interesting , is the server pve/pvp or a combination of both ?

Greed

PvE for now, but *spoiler alert* toward the end there will be pvp, some times hardcore also

Infusion

You said you work with various members from mmowned like 2d , Hellgawd etc,.. How's the team "spirit" ?

Greed

Positive, knowing that it will turn out good, but everyone has their downs, but mostly extremly positive. Cause we have the knowledge, and its just demand from the players to rush and hurry.

Infusion

So You're currently an admin on Heroicwow , What are you currently doing (making quests , npc or items etc,..)

Greed

I do the same work as the developers do server side (make quests, npcs, items, zone structure etc) but what most dev's dont do which i do is via website like making sure we are up-to-day, controlling flame and spam. And hidden website surprises that will keep coming as we progress

Infusion

One of the biggest and annoying things on a server is having people hacking your database and modifying it or even delete it. Will you be prepared for such attacks knowing your server will get public eventually ?

Greed

We have back ups on 2 different computers, make sure no one but me and hellgawd know the Info to the dedi, and update these backups every 12 hours, via i do it when i get on and he does it when he gets on. So yes we are ready.

Infusion

So what made you decide creating your very own private server ?

Greed

Well ive played many servers, and GM/Dev/Moderate'd many also. None of them really grasped what i view a private server should be. In my opinion a private server isnt a copy of Blizzard's creation. It should be something totally unique.

Infusion

With that beeing said , you think you will have a chance at getting in the top 10 of private servers ?

Greed

With the fall of the big private server obviously new servers have came to the top, but those arnt as good as the big ones were. So i believe that now we have a good chance, plus with help from the makers of ToxicWoW, WoWscape, Ani-WoW, and BurningWoW

Infusion

If I'm a normal member of mmowned and read this article and think "this server sounds good" . What do I have to do to connect to it and play ?

Greed

First thing is to go to the site HeroicWoW 3.0 and sign up on the forums and there are information. Currently we are in beta, so on the forums you will be given a beta key, which can be obtained just by signing up on the forums

Infusion

Well that sums up all my questions , thanks for the interview Greed.

Greed

thank you for interviewing

To give you a view of the server , here are a few screenshots of the current beta.

[BREAK= Gastricpenguin]

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Profit doesn't necessarily come from the most popular emulator. Sure if the emulator was stable, lots of fixed bugs, and working content then i'm sure it would sustain a large player base. But when owning a server, you shouldn't just run a blizzlike realm off the most popular emulator. The players won't find it enjoyable. Servers that create lots of fun content, new quest lines, and special holidays are the ones with a surplus of money at the end of each month once the server fee's are paid.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

That depends. For my personal development server, I use ArcEmu. It's simple to set up. The server I work on, however, does not use ArcEmu.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Once upon a time there was an emulator called WowEmu. It was the best thing that happened to the WoW emulation community since WoW 1.0.0. It ran great up until wow hit 1.12.1. After that, blizzard really started pumping out the new content and added loads more core changes. The creator of WowEmu, W@D, did not have time nor the will power to keep WowEmu running. This is where MaNGOS came in. It was a nice emulator that ran smoothly, but lacked in high population stability. Unlike today, MaNGOS crashed quite often. I can't recall how long it took, but Burlex reigned down on his pious chariot and delivered Antrix to the public. Antrix was like no other emulator. It held high populations, was easily customizable and had most of the content working at the time. The emulation community didn't take too kindly to Burlex when he decided to go closed-source though. But nonetheless, things were great... That is until he joined wowscape.
    <INSERT EVERY BAD THING ABOUT WOWSCAPE AND THE DRAMA THAT FOLLOWED>
    Antrix then turned into what we know today as Ascent. After burlex stopped development on Ascent, other parties decided to take up the old-code. The most widely known ascent-branch is ArcEmu.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

I'm a nerd. My girlfriend reminds me of this every day. I've always had an interest in programming languages and computing. Plus, I play retail and private server alike. It warms my heart when I find a server with loads of ORIGINAL content that is fun to play.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Before I was roped in on Emulating, you would probably see me trolling the Model Editing section. To this day, I still model edit.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

MMOwned is undoubtedly the best place for World of Warcraft Emultion. When I first discovered an interest for running a server, I did a google search on "How to make a wow private server." Sure enough, the first choice was a guide created by our very own MARLO here at MMOwned. The guides were so easy to follow, and the community was flourishing. Now I feel like it's my turn to help those who are just starting out in making a private server.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

No, MMOwned is fine as it is.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Since WowEmu. God knows how long ago that was. 2-3+ years at best.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

All sorts of console games! Dreamcast, gamecube, sega genesis, SNES; all the old classics.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

That's a tough question to answer. Sometimes you just have to think like a hacker. What would a hacker to do get around my security? Usually, you can find a quick and easy fix.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Quite simple. People are not satisfied with "just being apart of a team." They feel like they need to be the leader; they want all the fame and credit. If we lived in a perfect world, then we would sure as hell have an enourmous emulation team that provided the best emulator possible. Plus some people are just deep-down *******s. If their server isn't #1, then no one else's can.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

I can't look into the future D:

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Large population Funservers; high experience and drop rates.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Like I stated earleir, I was in my early teens when I first developed the interest for private servers. After reading a guide by MARLO, I was hooked. After that, I released quality-original content, and recieved massive amounts of rep. The end.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

"ex·pert (n.) - A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject."
    I expect these people to have flawless experience in programming languages and emulating. Anything short is not worthy of the title.

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

Sure do

Infusion

Gastricpenguin

I AM.. IRONMAAAAAAAAAAAN

Emulation Interview
    Aznex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great interviews

Gastricpenguin's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saved the best for last
    /flex
    Life Puzzler WoW - Website | Forums

Mr. Moose's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever suits you best Gastric

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how Greed got interviewed about our server. Nice touch.
    Ovrrall, great story Infusion and good reporting.

Greed's Avatar Angry 12yearolds FTL
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woah blue name alert!

Mr. Moose's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hell

Stathackslol's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Infusion View Post
    Thanks Hell [img]http://mmobuzz.luke13.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wowzygor.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.joanaguide.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.warmil.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.idemise.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.hcb25.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wowwealth.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wotlksec.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.valkor.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.ragnaros.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.extremelev.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.tiemedia.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.kinjal.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wowseller.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.warsupreme.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.warpros.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.cs5000.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.ashlingwor.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.pvpbible.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.pennsworld.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.warelite.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wowultimat.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.infonook.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.idgold.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.websitings.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wowaddicts.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.goldguide.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.warguidez.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.wcraftsman.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.stephenf84.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.aocriches.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.conanfortu.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.killergu.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.tanqueboi.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.warhonor.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.102341.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.demifarr.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.aspect10.*******************/[/img][img]http://mmobuzz.proguides.*******************/[/img]
    i think that hellgawd is the most knowledgable emulator, thats just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Stathackslol; 12-13-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roflcopter, thanks for the awesome compliment but I personally know that I am not the most knowledgeable of the Emulator Experts, although, I do feel I am more superior than 2dgreengiant (Who isn't, lolololol) - Just kidding, of course.

Fireblast's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is awesome!

VictoRo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is amazing, thank you Infusion for these lovely interviews ^^

Vindicated's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was disappointed that you didn't interview more prominent figure who run alot of these projects like hasbro, TheSpidey, and Zack. But overall nice work.

AzolexX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hellgawd

Ascent was the greatest revolution of MMORPG (Mainly WoW) emulators - it represented a crowd of developers that broke away from the rest, and made an exceptional emulator (Originally known as Antrix.)
    Ascent was the greatest emulator. Burlex, on the other hand, was the absolute worst project manager. Sure, he had people leeching this and doing this and that - but that is something you need to deal with. I have had my own (successful and others unsuccessful) projects, and I have to deal with what Burlex dealt with all the time - there is no need to act so rashly like he did.
    At the current point of time, I think that the Emulation World is need of another revolution in Emulator development. There have been alot of 'wanna-be's, but no one has actually pulled through.
    Your project? Where you writen down like a 100k lines of code for leeching community, left school, do 24/7 for it? And than leechers come steal, reclaim and earn money? tons of money. You would never create your project's if there was no Burlex, he was bad leader, maybe i was not in Ascent/Antrix team, so i dont know.

Find about scripting, programming and music! My blog: https://worldofsmth.wordpress.com!

Blackboy0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burlex sucked at leading, he was pro at coding <_< He coded a LOT and to say he was the worst Project Manager would just be shit. He was great, but hated noobs who stole his code.

And btw, I like the interviews

Hey... is there any way to get on the Emulator Expert team? 'cuz I am an "Emulator Expert" (as in, my knowledge of emulation and development is expert)

Performer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome interview guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast