0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warlock DPS in Wrath?

Well i've been hearing a LOT of QQing from my old lock firends.
    I haven't checked it out myself since i dont have anygametime and exams are just around the corner.
    But i wanted to ask is the condition REALLY that bad?
    Even at level 80?
    And for those of you who raid frequently what is the most viable build for raiding atm.
    All i know is that destro's gone completely down the drain.
    So any comments about this?

Warlock DPS in Wrath?
    xsplicit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well for me i stopped playing wow for about 3 months just got back a week ago, there are alot of major updates to the class but yes they are not as OP as used to be im only lvl 71 so cant give the perspective as if i were 80 yet but there are more funner i think i rolled full demo but there are a lot of new talent specs for 80 now

Dark_Angel's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a warlock, and I have to say, it pretty much sucks in PvP. Don't counter anyone, The only time I can ever kill people is in big crowds, by using Shadowfury (Destro spec) or Immolation aura (Demon Spec). I still find leveling is fun as hell with demon, because of metamorphosis, and the felguard. For Raiding I would suggest either Affliction or Destro, Affliction is really good for Dots, but since a lot of other classes can Dots now, It cancels out the affliction spells, etc. Destro was the best fit for me in patch 3.0.2, could crit 4.7k with chaos bolt, and was doing pretty well in Arena. Now that Wrath is out I would say Demon because you can take on about 10 mobs at a time with Metamorphasis and Immolation aura.
    Hope this helps a bit,
    ~Dark_Angel

XMOD- Greenies are disgusting! Corrupt 2d was here~

asad1212's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a 4.2k crit really isnt that impressive.
    At lvl 70 almost T4 Geared i was able to do 5k SB crits.
    So judging by your post i'd have to say hat locks a re indeed broken
    But Meta sounds fun

kcraven's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi my main is a lock and (atm) my raiding build is Aff/destro rocking about 3k dps to 3.8 depending and the boss and the encounter and SB critts for about 7.2 - 11k and some change also depending on what our raid comp is that night. Now our other lock in the guild which is our class lead rock (destro) and pulls 3k dps as well and he is rocking areon 12k crits on SB and recorded on WWS and recount of 14-19k CB critts so i think it is realy goign to depend on gear and spell rotation more than a build. i hope this is usefull to my fellow war locks out there. would love to get a replie and some rep maybe have a good one and happyhunting.

Pietje's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our locks are doing over 5k dps on average, sometimes top of the damage list (affli on bosses with a lot of moving).
    Panda Panda Panda

rellikx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also am pulling around 4.5k dps on patchwerk. I could do more, but my server laggs like a crazy mofo. you can look at my stats/spec, my armory name is same as this name

Epiphonic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Affliction.

Siphon Life, Curse of Agony, Instant Corruption cast, Immolate, start Shadowbolting/Drain Health/Drain Mana, then repeat the DoTs. Just be careful not to draw so much aggro. (I haven't played WoW for awhile, but I always topped DPS charts doing this. Should still work)

Aimladen's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DPS in wrath for a warlock is easy and still quite higher than other pure dmg classes. If you have the hit then go Destruction, if not then go Affliction, however when the patch comes out a a somewhat full Desutrction build mite not be as bad for raiding as most people think, it's getting buffed quite a lot. Regarding PvP, you simply need to get res and learn how to play your class again, it's fine atm.

Innit's Avatar W͈̮̝̉͌̀ͩÅ̻̗̗̼̩̣͉̽Î͙̳ ͚̑ ̌͌ͯ
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aimladen View Post
    DPS in wrath for a warlock is easy and still quite higher than other pure dmg classes. If you have the hit then go Destruction, if not then go Affliction, however when the patch comes out a a somewhat full Desutrction build mite not be as bad for raiding as most people think, it's getting buffed quite a lot. Regarding PvP, you simply need to get res and learn how to play your class again, it's fine atm.
    No, it's broken.

4/100 top arena players are warlocks, doesn't that say something?

Rottitwo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few people have said that locks suck now in pvp but i wouldn agree, my cycle is fear obviously, immolate, conflagrate to proc backdraft, chaos bolt then incinerate to death, with the right talent point allocations and a decent crit rating and SP this will kill most oponents quickly but if not you can always death coil fear and choose your next move based on opponents life left.

Rottitwo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forgot to mention you need the glyph that allows you to use conflagrate without consuming your immolate

dj_hype's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For raiding I run the 0/41/30 FG/ES build. It's good dps for low hit gear but now that I have a good amount of hit (315) I need to focus on haste gear. The (usual) top lock DPS in our guild is a guy with the same build I have and he's usually hitting around 4.2k dps on no movement tank 'n spank bosses like Patch. On patch, 25-man raid buffed and blowing cooldowns I can see about 2.8-3.2k dps with mostly blues and some purples. Overall, I'm super happy with the FG/ES build.

Super easy rotation, Send in pet, Dem Empowerment, CoA, Corr, Imm, Incinerate, repeat. Toss in a LT when I don't have enough time to Incinerate and refresh Imm before it expires. Imm and Corr have a pretty close run time so it's really easy to time Imm and pop Corr as soon as it expires. On longer bosses you'll stray from the rotation and refresh as necessary. Glyphs I have are Imm, FG, and CoA. Good spec that every new lock raider should consider.

Efidol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4.5k crit isnt all tha tspecial for a warlock period

dj_hype's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fully raid buffed my incinerate crits at 5.6-6.4k with some better gear from earlier this week. top lock in the guild this week saw 4.9k dps on patch and i saw 3.7k.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast