0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need to see herbs/mines/chests/rare spawns...KAM

Ok, I was skeptical about Kick Ass Map, it's not very pretty to look at and initially just looks like a money sink. So I decided, well, it's 15 dollars...big whoop. I bought it. It does an awesome job of helping me find chests, herbs, mining veins, and even rare spawns. This thing really is useful, I gotta say it was worth a measly 15 bucks. You can only get it on one account, but it is a must in my opinion for herbalists and miners, and even hunters seeking rare pets. On a PVP server, this thing is god. If you get ganked by anything other than a rogue or druid, you need new eyes...it shows hostile and friendly mobs in the vicinity, so you know if you're gonna get ganked. If you are botting and have followers, it shows you that too.

I'm not tested on this yet, but it may even work in BGs...if so, WSG is gonna be a helluva lot easier! You'll be able to find the flag carrier, and in Arathi Basin predict which area to hit with an attacking force.

Thought I'd share this with you, I'm converted from a skeptic to a believer, hopefully this helped give background info to a very good working all-encompassing map. If it's been posted already, oh well, I didn't see it.

Here's the link for it: http://forums.wowglider.com/viewforum.26

P.S. Try it out and see what you think about it, you can actually run a demo for like 5 minutes. Truthfully, that isn't enough to get a good feel for it. Hopefully Mercury, the maker of Glider, will make this a much more powerful map with much more to it. But right now, it really is a nice little addon for the hardcore addict who wants every advantage he can have.
    Last edited by Yano; 07-18-2006 at 08:08 PM.

If you need to see herbs/mines/chests/rare spawns...KAM
    italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at this for a while!! Let us know how it is in the BG's if you try it!! If you say its good in there then I might really consider doing this!! I heard that it see's everything that you could see normally though!! Is this true? How far is the range for it? Is it farther than you could normally see with your toon? Like say if I'm on one side of the map, will it show me mobs or herbs etc. on the other side of the map? Or is it just local area around you?

Yano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by italyone
    I've been looking at this for a while!! Let us know how it is in the BG's if you try it!! If you say its good in there then I might really consider doing this!! I heard that it see's everything that you could see normally though!! Is this true? How far is the range for it? Is it farther than you could normally see with your toon? Like say if I'm on one side of the map, will it show me mobs or herbs etc. on the other side of the map? Or is it just local area around you?
    It zooms to about 1/3rd of Tanaris, so it doesn't scope the entire area. I think that's either there and I'm too dumb to find it or Mercury is trying to find a way to implement it. It shows you EVERYTHING, from hostile mobs to hostile factions, along with letting you set a color to identify anything you want to see. It sees herbs, chests, friendly faction unflagged, friendly faction flagged, enemy faction flagged, enemy faction unflagged, and can even be used to scope out a dungeon you've never visited before. In instances, it gives you an outlook of mobs that are mobile and helps you prep or avoid pats. The thing is godly for prediction purposes.

As for PvP, I can't get into a BG for the 50-59 bracket, so I'm gonna have to either wait a long while to check it or get info from others, I'll ask about it on the forums.

EDIT: Ok, I posted on the forums asking about it, hopefully we'll see a timely response from them and I can validate my "claim." It really is soooo useful, and they are doing a HUGE update to it soon that I'm pretty excited about ^_^.
    Last edited by Yano; 07-18-2006 at 09:29 PM.

italyone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks, I will prolly get it. +rep for buying this program, trying it and writing a review about it.

LightWave's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kam is kick ass dont get me wrong but it sucks cuz it has limits i belive they said u can only use it one computer and one account or just one toon i forget but im waiting for this to be fixed and o ya it has no shaodw or renameing so it can be dedtected if u dont use processguard

Yano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it CAN be detected...no one has been banned for it's use. I have a process guard with it however. I would recommend it, but it does have limits. Check www.wowglider.com, see if it has any updates coming to it, the ones I read about are wicked.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is one kick ass programe i know that but i will just wait till i can use it on more then just one toon or account thats thr major downside

Fishy80's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my problem with Kam is that you must be in windowed mode to use it, or constantly alt+tab, not verry usefull for pvp eh?

and as of revent patches the maps dont work so its basically you just see all the mobs in a big area around you, no land marks... or anything....

i hope this "big update" changes alot of it...its not worth it to me at this point

oh and btw, you can only use it on 1 account, you can use it on as many computers as you want....

the way most people use it, is set it up over their network and use the map on a 2nd computer while playin WoW on the 1st comp. so, if you have more than one computer, i guess its worth it

Edit--------
    also, i think that a better program would be "innerspace" by lavish software, here is info from 2 places (both are the home page basically)

http://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/
    ISMods.com
    Last edited by Fishy80; 07-21-2006 at 03:33 AM.

amrican93
    Thanks!

jason's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what exactly does innerspace do?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to the page... it is basically, like KaM, but in game... and you can do alot more than just see things.... read the page...you will get answers sooner than asking here

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    downside to this one its also not free and u need to sign up aka upgrade ur membership

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once u sign up, its free, i still havent signed up, but it sounds like one of the best...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol it cost mopney to sign 36$ to be exact last time i checked

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well $36 for a year, $10 for 90 days (1 year is $4 cheaper oh yay!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast