0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rotation

I'm fairly new to programming but i have read a few threads and notice that people struggle with finding character rotation. For me this has never been a problem. Atm i'm using address 10AA192 which gives me an exponential rotational value from 15179 to 16585 when facing north and turning anticlockwise. The static address is very easy to find after each patch. i use this code in autoit to turn the number degrees from 0 to 359. It works awesomely.

$Rmem = _MemoryRead(0x10aa192, $DllInformation)
    $Rpos = Int(Exp(($Rmem - 15525) / 180))

Hope this helps some of the people who struggle with rotation

Just one thing, i have tried many ways of extracting X and Y axis locations out of wow, but it seems that how ever i try it i can never get a proportional value, therefore when i run my bot when i go from waypoint a to b i can never seem to get there in a straight line. my bot always curves. is there any way to extract a true proportionate X to Y value using traditional memory reading?

Rotation
    wezzer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, i think what i need to do is learn how to call Dll's and use the Wrappers. Confusing stuff but im sure i'll get there

lunitune's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand you correctly you want to read your character's X/Y/Z.

I believe they are written in a static location in memory, however I read it from the list of objects in memory.

Once you find the location in TLS memory you can walk through the list and get all containers, items, NPCs, players etc, and therefore their XYZ.

If this is what you mean then have a look for entries on how to find the list of objects in TLS. If you can't find any let us know and I'll have a look.

There are smarter ways of doing this but I don't know them yet. For example I think there is a pointer somewhere that points you straight to your character's object in memory.

For my bot efforts when I find the location in memory I store the offsets and read them directly. Note that they do change on zoning (eg another continent or instance).

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are alot of ways to get the information you want.

Fex, you can use the static pointers to the x, y and z value and read a float (!!) directly from that adress.
    Or, you can use the Base of an object (be it a player, unit, or gameobject) and add the corresponding offset.

[object base]+0x7D0 (x)
    [object base]+0x7D4 (y)
    [object base]+0x7D8 (z)
    [object base]+0x7DC (rotation)
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another way thats easier to update across patches is using the VMT. There are two functions, GetPosition and GetFacing that you can use.