Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lazy-ass programmer incoming !!

Dear all.....

I am a programmer in education looking into controlling WoW from an external C# application for a school project.

I am really unfamiliar with Codecave, Hijacking, memory-editing, etc.
    And to be honest I really would not like to put in all the time and effort to learn it, as I will only use it once, for this particular project.

Well so far my introduction, hope it does not offend anyone.

What I am looking for is a nice, simple to use, library (.Dll) that I can utilise, so I can write to World Of Warcraft some simple scripts/lines like you normally do in a in-game macro or in the in-game chat console.

Example : /script AttackTarget()

Hoping for something really self maintained, so I only have to call the loader and then a "SendAlineToTheWoWConsole(string)" function in C#.
    Some error handling in case WoW is not attached would be a big plus.

P.S. This will not be used to make any game hack in principle it will only be a alternatively control mechanism, not something that automates the game or makes the game experience any different.

Hoping you can help me.. Thanks in advance. :wave:
    Last edited by zaleo; 11-02-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Lazy-ass programmer incoming !!
    Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you just take a look at this forum, there's a thread containing a .NET library with every thing you'll need for a simple bot.
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you hate people who post before doing a search... (I can't need 5 or more reputation)

Well I did, could not find it, but now that I know there is on, maybe I have to invest some more time to search the forum.

Thanks, and sorry.

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found WoWBasic and WowNetFramework, wish it came with a simple "hello world" example or something.

Now my next question would be, are there some .NET open source examples I can learn from, or even better a tutorial.
    Also I could not find any API-documentation...

Is it me who sucks at searching, or are these things just really bad documented.

So far I understand I have to find the base address of WoW.exe (Doable) then add the address of the in-game function I like to call, see there is a nice list of them for 3.0.2 on this forum.

WoW.exe base address + 0x004A4390 -> AttackTarget needs to be set to a new value.

Is that assumption right? And how to translate that using WoWBasic or WowNetFramework ?

I know I am a real noob at this, you don't have to tell me, but I am missing some reference material, and after all I assume you all wish there were more people working on this kind of lovely stuff, maybe when the "getting started" part was more transparent great thinks could come from this in the future.
    Last edited by zaleo; 11-02-2008 at 12:38 PM.

kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're trying to walk before you can crawl man. You can't expect to come into a subject and with no prior experience write something like this, no matter how good a library may be.

If you actually knew what you were doing in C#, you would know you can just send the keys to the WoW process.

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kynox, I know I am a noob, thanks for confirming it.

Your probably right, my expectations are low, I don't need anything fancy, just need to be able to write to the WoW Console to control the camera viewpoint.

Done this tutorial with all my understanding : http://www.mmowned.com/forums/c/1429...editing-c.html
    I have mastered direct memory control back in the Borland C++ days, and I also have done some assembly. So I am starting to crawl again after a long sleep.

Let me put it this way, I am making a head tracking application, only thing people need is a webcam and a (IR) light, or anything that differentiates from the background on top of their headset/baseball cap/head. Things like this are around, but all paid and not compatible with WoW.

So I hope someone is willing to answer my question instead of telling me I am shite.
    Once more: are there some example of the use of these libraries, or a simple example on how to control items like "AttackTarget" or more appropriate “FlipCameraYaw” from an external application?

What I have made already is a program that calculates the degrees the camera needs to rotate, ‘only’ thing I need is a way to have to camera move in game to finish my school project. Once done it will be open-source or at least free of charge downloadable.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by zaleo; 11-02-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're not "telling you you're shite", we're telling you you want to do something thats out of your league. Like kynox said, you need to learn to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run, you can't jump in the deep end of the pool if you don't know how to swim, either stay in the kiddie pool for a while or you're gonna drown.

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand this... I will not be able to understand and fully master memory editing. In fact I am not interested in it at all....

To use your metaphor, I am happy to crawl, as long as there is someone around to give me a hand on big distances, let me get a head start on talking while you all learn how to jump muted.

Asking for your aid/help/support to get my camera rotating around my character from my C# application.

Why would you help me, right? Let me answer that question for you.

1. There will be freeware head-tracking software available for all WoW players. (Fancy toy )
    2. You help a guy (me) with the school project that is really not about controlling WoW but about the algorithmic behind 3d movements.
    3. I will give you.. +Rep
    4. You get lifetime* credits in the readme-file.
    5. My endless and unique appreciation

*lifetime, as in the product-lifetime-circle of the application.

Only thing I need is to be able to rotate the camera around the character from an external C# application, like the “FlipCameraYaw(int)” command in LUA.

From your posts I understand that this should be a piece of cake for you bunch of rocket-scientists.. Put your effort where your typing-skills are and help me.. plz.
    Last edited by zaleo; 11-03-2008 at 06:16 AM.

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To rotate the camera from a c# ap, you could just use simulated keyboard and mouse input ^^
    no need to mess around with memory editing xD
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great news, thanks... When I hook the keyboard I have no control over the angel don't think that will work..

Mouse will work but when I hook the mouse I can't play the game anymore at that time, right?

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. All your 'incentives' are crap.
    2. We're not here to do your homework for you.
    3. We're not here to hold your hand.
    4. Yes it is a piece of cake, but no I'm not going to help you because you're not willing to do any work and want us to do it all.
    5. You're not going to BE crawling if someone does it for you, you're going to be dragged along the ground at the walking pace of someone else, likely not understanding whats going on.
    6. Homework is designed for you to LEARN SOMETHING, whats the point of homework if someone else does it for you.
    7. You answered your own damn question. Do some research, then reverse FlipCameraYaw and use it to do your bidding if it has the functionality you require.
    8. This place is designed for discussion of WoW memory/client manipulation foremost for the purposes of education, if you're not willing to learn or do any work I doubt you'll find anyone with the know-how you require who is willing to teach.
    9. You don't need to "hook" input devices, do some ****ing research.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although this method is in no way related to memory-reading nor writing, couldn't you use keybinded macro's to turn the camera around?

Here's the World of Warcraft "API" : World of Warcraft API - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft / camera functions are 1/3 down the page.

Might this page help you? Camera - WoW.Dev Wiki

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Robske, I will look into that. But I think my best luck is to get into reversing FlipCameraYaw from LUA.

Still would appreciate someone to explain me how I can “reverse FlipCameraYaw” with minimal hacking experience or whatever it is that I am missing.
    Willing to put in work, but to be honest I am not interested in making Hacks for games in the future.

As explained before my homework and educational assignment was to make a 3D algorithmic, that part is done, now to present it I need to control WoW... Should everyone learn how to program PowerPoint just to be able to present some slides.........

@Cypher... F#(k you, get some social skills and read my post before flaming. You might be a good programmer, but this unacceptable behaviour IRL. You’re an excellent example why programmers are usually locked in a room without windows. I am not expecting or hoping for an response from you in this threat.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaleo View Post
    Thanks Robske, I will look into that. But I think my best luck is to get into reversing FlipCameraYaw from LUA.

Still would appreciate someone to explain me how I can “reverse FlipCameraYaw” with minimal hacking experience or whatever it is that I am missing.
    Willing to put in work, but to be honest I am not interested in making Hacks for games in the future.

As explained before my homework and educational assignment was to make a 3D algorithmic, that part is done, now to present it I need to control WoW... Should everyone learn how to program PowerPoint just to be able to present some slides.........

@Cypher... F#(k you, get some social skills and read my post before flaming. You might be a good programmer, but this unacceptable behaviour IRL. You’re an excellent example why programmers are usually locked in a room without windows. I am not expecting or hoping for an response from you in this threat.
    "Learn how to program PowerPoint" <-- Pretty much sums up how stupid you are.

Programmers aren't "locked in a room without windows". Apparently you're not familiar with laptops, also, even if you're not freelance and you work in a company most buildings have windows, and you most certainly aren't "locked in", good work on effectively stereotyping the entire section that you're asking help from. Moron.

Furthermore, I have social skills, but using them on you would imply that I want to be social with you and actually care, which I don't. Obviously you don't have the social skills you imply I'm lacking because you're ripping on the people you expect to help you. You fail.

zaleo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK now, hope more people are here, people I do take serious. Cypher does not care so I hope he stays out of this threat.

I would appreciate help from everyone else. In the mean time I keep on googling and browsing forums about reversing and CreatingRemoreProcesses and related matters, just because it is interesting...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast